Skip to content

Celtic v Rangers

Just tuned in. What fantastic football.

Comments

• Didn’t realise Everton v Liverpool was on!
    Will be flicking between the two. Embarrassment of riches.

• @micra said:
    Didn’t realise Everton v Liverpool was on!
    Will be flicking between the two. Embarrassment of riches.

Also a pretty good game so far

• That Pickford incident was interesting. Law needs changing there.

• My hearing’s not what it was but did I hear that Celtic are playing ping pong ?

• Good to have Sean Connery on commentary.

• Was he on VAR?

• Har har !

• @chairboyscentral said:
    That Pickford incident was interesting. Law needs changing there.

Does it? Surely it’s offside but then a subsequent red card for serious foul play? The ref/VAR just got it horribly wrong.

• Shocking tackle...as Shearer pointed out how can VAR miss that tackle but decide a player in line is offside!

• Absobloominglutely @Wendoverman!

• @ValleyWanderer said:
    Absobloominglutely @Wendoverman!

Like the man said.

• @YorkExile said:

@chairboyscentral said:
    That Pickford incident was interesting. Law needs changing there.

Does it? Surely it’s offside but then a subsequent red card for serious foul play? The ref/VAR just got it horribly wrong.

Consensus at the time was that you can't be sent off after an offside unless it's for violent conduct - but it turns out you can, so Pickford should have gone.

• How much more complicated are the rules going to get?

I am beginning to wonder how football even functioned when I was growing up without all the current inch and split second dependancies that seem to be added every week.

Sky Sports love the controversy of it all though and that is all that matters. Cresting a sure fure narrative to supply the news feeds even when the games are rubbish.

• If anything the offside is worse, can't quite seem to make their mind up if we're including limbs or not, and then offside because your elbow is a third of a millimetre past the defenders arse. It's supposed to be about goal hanging.

• It’s crackers.

• Offside and handball rules are just mental. I was never a great PL fan but VAR is certainly making it even duller.