Skip to content

Comments

• Thanks Tom - a good overview as always

• Great preview, thanks mate. Also some positive thoughts shared and that feels good!!!! One thing I would say is having seen Jake Cooper play a few times at this level I think we should play Tafazolli and Uche/Bayo (even if they did a half each) just to try and unsettle him at set pieces in their half and then inturn hopefully their back 3 in general. He is more than capable of winning anything aerial and I don’t see Samuel or Kashket giving him any problems, but of course hope I’m wrong !!!!

• @username123 Yeah, Cooper and Hutchinson are probably two of the best CBs in the league. Tafazolli definitely if he's fit, would be very surprised to see Uche start - Bayo definitely won't after how long he's had out! Possibly even a case for Parker starting, but I expect it'll be Samuel then Uche (if fit ?) after an hour or so.

• Possibly a bit too soon for Ikpeazu, definitely too soon for Bayos. Would like to think that Parker will be given a start. It's about time he comes up with the goods.

• Great shout in Parker I had actually forgotten about him!

• Thanks for preview @chairboyscentral.
    I’d go with Josh Parker too.

• Thanks, Tom. Nice piece as usual.

Funnily enough, I thought of the Carpenters rather than Noddy Holder.

• Would you rule out a late cameo from Bayo @chairboyscentral ?

• @micra Depends on the state of the game - and if he's even fit! Sounds like Uche was only kept out of Luton as a precaution, so touch wood he's finally good to go today.

• More likely Parker with the late cameo then.

• @micra If Uche's on the bench then he'll come on, wouldn't be entirely surprised to see Parker start but expect it will be Samuel.

• @chairboyscentral After such a long break with players recovering (we hope) from knocks there are numerous possible permutations. That in itself makes this afternoon something to really look forward to.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    @micra If Uche's on the bench then he'll come on, wouldn't be entirely surprised to see Parker start but expect it will be Samuel.

Has Parker ever started in a League game when there were other options?

• @StrongestTeam His only two league starts were in a front two with Bayo v Rochdale and Peterborough last season.