Skip to content

Shirts

Comments

• Apart from the silly badge, and the stick on quality of both badges I quite like the design of my my new shirt and the new sizes do what they say on the can and fit thank goodness

• People that complain about gambling sponsors in football now complaining about promoting Safer Gambling. Can’t win!

• @JohnBoy said:
    People that complain about gambling sponsors in football now complaining about promoting Safer Gambling. Can’t win!

Safer gambling.
    Is that a contradiction in terms?

Surely the issue with gambling is it ruins the lives of people with certain addictive traits. And for them there probably is no safe level.

• An advert for "safer" gambling is an advert for gambling. Might as well write "Use meth responsibly" on it.

• @StrongestTeam said:
    What in the hell is with the EFL badges, you get one EFL Championship badge and one full SkyBet advert banging on about setting a deposit limit. I paid extra and waited for that?

Mine arrived yesterday and seeing that mad me angry as it wasn't what i asked for.

• @Malone said:

@JohnBoy said:
    People that complain about gambling sponsors in football now complaining about promoting Safer Gambling. Can’t win!

Safer gambling.

Surely the issue with gambling is it ruins the lives of people with certain addictive traits. And for them there probably is no safe level.

It isn't possible to gamble without ruining your life?

• @peterparrotface said:

@Malone said:

@JohnBoy said:

Safer gambling.

It isn't possible to gamble without ruining your life?

If you have certain addictive traits as i mention above, no, probably not.

• I bet you a tenner, that last statements is not true !!

• @drcongo said:
    An advert for "safer" gambling is an advert for gambling. Might as well write "Use meth responsibly" on it.

You never seen the Please Drink Responsibly on every alcohol advert?

The issue is, probably as with drinking, plenty of people do it and enjoy it at a sensible level. There is a minority for whom gambling (and alchohol) has detrimental effects for. What's the solution? Ban advertising? Ban the possibly addictive things? I would imagine a well regulated gambling industry (as we are moving towards, though it still isn't perfect) is better than banning it outright.

• These slogans are the ‘Parental Advisory’ stickers of the day. Pointless fig leaves.

TBF, a bit of cussing on a record is much less harmful than getting lashed and betting all day.

• @JohnBoy You could say the same about my heroin hobby though.

• @arnos_grove said:
    These slogans are the ‘Parental Advisory’ stickers of the day. Pointless fig leaves.

TBF, a bit of cussing on a record is much less harmful than getting lashed and betting all day.

I'm sure, but the work that I've seen some gambling firms doing behind the scenes on actually making their sites safer to play on are legitimate. Of course, plenty aren't bothered and are just playing lip service, I'm sure. Hard to ever know which is which.

@drcongo said:
    @JohnBoy You could say the same about my heroin hobby though.

Sure, but the powers that be have already decided to make that illegal, so that's that for now!

• The shirt arrived on friday, It’s massive on him but he looks great in it. The shorts didn’t arrive with it but I had an email of the club over the weekend explaining there’s a slight delay in the shorts. If I never received the email I’d of been a little baffled but they won’t fit him anytime soon so no real rush.

• Regarding sizing I measured the chest size of a plain tee shirt that fits me well and then ordered according to the website sizing chart. My shirt is a good fit. Just need an opportunity to wear it to a game now!

• It’ll all fit perfectly by the time we’re allowed through the turnstiles @ryan_w_kirkby, especially oop north. And he might prove to be a better score predictor than his big sister!

• @micra said:
    It’ll all fit perfectly by the time we’re allowed through the turnstiles @ryan_w_kirkby, especially oop north. And he might prove to be a better score predictor than his big sister!

Think I'm stuck with her predictions for a while, hopefully he'll be able to make some in the near future.

• Speaking of shirts, anyone still waiting for their Playoff shirt from the club? I had an email from a Neil Peters in August saying they would be sent out shortly after September 11th, but not heard a peep since.

• @JohnBoy : May I suggest you ring Neil Peters. He was appointed Chief Commercial Officer in March, reporting to Pete Couhig who is the Chief Operating and Financial Officer. Neil had previously been at the club as Head of Sales. He was very helpful in clarifying one or two issues relating to the radical changes to the use of the Woodland Lounge which I and other members were concerned about. When you phone you will have a choice of numbers to press. For Neil it is 2.

Hope you get it sorted okay.

• Well? Has it been sorted?

• Has anyone heard anything about when replica training tops will be available. Those things are beautiful!

• @Shev said:
    Has anyone heard anything about when replica training tops will be available. Those things are beautiful!

They're available now but only from O'Neills,i've got one and it looks great.

• Where do you stand on this @JohnBoy ?

• I ordered the blue training top, rather than the match kit this year. The sizing is much better than previous O'Neills stuff.

It looks great - the badge is not a proper one, it just part of the print design though which others may care about.

• Worth remembering that the club doesn't get much of a cut from sales through the O'Neills site - although I know that's the only option for getting the training kit at the moment.

• Thanks all - all I see on O'Neills is socks and a few odds and sods. I wonder if we see a different version of the site in the U.S.?

• @Shev said:
    Thanks all - all I see on O'Neills is socks and a few odds and sods. I wonder if we see a different version of the site in the U.S.?

Possibly, it's got that uk_en bit in the URL:

https://www.oneills.com/uk_en/wycombe-wanderers-fc-men-s-lincoln-training-t-shirt-marine-sky.html

• Ah, cheers @StrongestTeam - perfect!

• @micra said:
    @JohnBoy : May I suggest you ring Neil Peters. He was appointed Chief Commercial Officer in March, reporting to Pete Couhig who is the Chief Operating and Financial Officer. Neil had previously been at the club as Head of Sales. He was very helpful in clarifying one or two issues relating to the radical changes to the use of the Woodland Lounge which I and other members were concerned about. When you phone you will have a choice of numbers to press. For Neil it is 2.

Hope you get it sorted okay.

Cheers Micra - only just seen this now. I’ll look up Neil’s number and try that Monday. That is who I emailed last week and heard nothing back.

• Can’t beat the spoken word @JohnBoy. Good luck.