Skip to content

Marching bands

2»

Comments

• @EwanHoosaami said:

@floyd said:
    A foul up there with Terry Evans against PNE in 95/96.

That foul & subsequent red card was a thing of beauty. Could see it coming a mile off! ?

Was that the classic triple red card game?

Crossley for pulling down a young Kilbane romping in on goal. Evans late doors utterly annihilating some chump in the corner.
    Who was the other one?

• @Malone said:

@EwanHoosaami said:

@floyd said:

That foul & subsequent red card was a thing of beauty. Could see it coming a mile off! ?

Crossley for pulling down a young Kilbane romping in on goal. Evans late doors utterly annihilating some chump in the corner.
    Who was the other one?

There was a handball on the goal line I think.

• The Terry Evans challenge was in the match against PNE on 23-11-96, @floyd, about 32:45 in on this video

• Proper football that.

• Big Tel does make up a lot of ground to make the challenge ...

• Thanks @twizz as magnificent as i'd remembered!

• Also that ColU cup game was my first away game, and still the only time i've seen a goal scored in the middle of a pitch invasion.

• Is that the same ref for the PNE and QPR games?

• That QPR game was one of my first at AP. The guy getting dragged out the away end for celebrating an offside goal was a particular highlight.

• @Malone said:

@EwanHoosaami said:

@floyd said:

Who was the other one?

Pretty sure it was indeed? An all time classic of proper football with "robust" challenging. Classics for the purists!

• Interestingly, Senda's red card was for a foul on Tom Williams who later went on to play for us and was a bit of a bell.

Rammell got sent off for an altercation with Marcus Bean who definitely was not a bell...