Skip to content

New career for Bayo

https://metro.co.uk/2020/10/08/adebayo-akinfenwa-wwe-brock-lesnar-drew-mcintyre-13393654/

Bayo already making moves into WWE Wrestling. The signing of Uche as his long term replacement is now making sense.
Once he has recovered from the op , I can see him having very limited appearances in the team this season, and probably then only as an impact sub.
COYB.

Comments

• As long as he doesn’t forget which sport he’s playing when he’s defending at corners.

• @lordmelchester said:
    https://metro.co.uk/2020/10/08/adebayo-akinfenwa-wwe-brock-lesnar-drew-mcintyre-13393654/

Bayo already making moves into WWE Wrestling. The signing of Uche as his long term replacement is now making sense.
    Once he has recovered from the op , I can see him having very limited appearances in the team this season, and probably then only as an impact sub.
    COYB.

He's 38! Did it not make sense before?

• People have said Bayo will just be an impact sub ever since he signed; his physical presence, experience and deceptive skill might all make him a vital core player this season once he's fit. We know we're unlikely to be able to out-football many if any teams in this league, so let the Beast loose and let's do to The Championship what we did to leagues 1 and 2.

• For me Bayo either comes back and plays a major part or he drifts off in to the media without him playing again.
    I don't see this impact sub role.

• You honestly think he'll not take the chance to.play a part and end his playing career in the Championship?

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    For me Bayo either comes back and plays a major part or he drifts off in to the media without him playing again.
    I don't see this impact sub role.

Hes been used as an impact sub plenty of times throughout his career in leagues 1 and 2, why do you think he'll insist on starting or nothing in the championship?

• Surely the wrestling thing is just a joke like all the signing for Liverpool stuff.

• Wrestling is great for the knees I hear. Bayo has been nothing but positive about his football and this club - a great promoter of Wycombe - so the idea he's too busy/distracted with other stuff never rings true to me.

• I may have said this before but it bears repetition to say that, in a short GIF style clip of him in training a week or two ago, he was moving extremely well and definitely faster than I can recall in recent seasons. I think he even shouts out something (not preceded by “listen”) about being rejuvenated.

• edited October 2020

If it makes him a few quid good luck to him, hopefully he can help us along still for a bit in the short term, owes us nothing.

• I'm 99% sure this is Bayo being Bayo - he's an excellent self publicist and knows he can get in the papers with a stunt like this. But then also 1% of me is thinking that this could actually make me watch wrestling.

• Is certainly watch if I knew Bayo was competing.

• TBF Bayo as a General, has an ongoing and significant impact upon our team even without entering the field of play. I'd probably go so far as to say he's a key member.

• I hope this is just a Bayo publicity stunt, fitness, flexibility and timing is completely different in combat sports compared to football. Bearing in mind you fight in weigh categories, possibly against an opponent with 20+ years experience of fighting it would be reckless.

• Not sure I would classify WWE as a combat sport

• @Fit2drop said:
    I hope this is just a Bayo publicity stunt, fitness, flexibility and timing is completely different in combat sports compared to football. Bearing in mind you fight in weigh categories, possibly against an opponent with 20+ years experience of fighting it would be reckless.

Ha, WWE is all staged , it's more like posing than fighting

• The timing on how to land (breakfalls) has to be instinctive, even in staged fights. Staged/co-ordinated fight require just as much skill and timing if not more, as you are making it look spectacular. Real wrestling (a good friend of mine competed at 2 Olympics) and Judo (many of my friends have competed in Olympics) is actually quite dull to watch, the spectacular is much more difficult.

• It's very obviously a publicity stunt.

He might be able to push his weight around with athletic football players, but lifting up 20 stone steroids boys, athletic manoeuvres and all the acting stuff aren't something a 38 year old just picks up overnight.

• Good luck to him if he tries it

• Surely Sumo would have suited Bayo more.

• To be fair, half of being a WWE Superstar is being able to talk as much as "wrestle" - which we know he can do in spades. Would imagine he may do something similar to Tyson Fury's cameo - talk a good game, have a "match" where he does very little actual moves and get paid a decent chunk of money. That is, if any of it ever came to fruition, which in itself is unlikely.