Skip to content

Play Off Winners 2019/2020 - How are they doing?

So far this season the play-off winners last season coming into the the 4 levels of English football have 9 points from a possible 48 between them.

Fulham P4 L4 GD-8.
Wycombe P4 L4 -10
Northampton P4 W1 D1 L2 GD-3
Harrogate P4 W1 D2 L1 GD+4

Harrogate's only win came against a very youthful Southend side 4-0 in the first match of the season.

I think this illustrates just how tough it can be in those first few games to acclimatize, particularly with no pre-season for the players to gel and get match fit for that level of competition.

If you add on top of that the results for Liverpool and Man Utd yesterday, I'm not sure our start to the season has been as bad as some would make out!

There were real signs on Saturday that we can start to compete at this level, this may not bring many wins or draws but at least we can compete for the vast majority of the game.

With the transfer market closing today I hope there will be some good loanees ready to come to Wycombe and bolster the ranks.

Gape, Tafazolli, Ikpeazu and Akinfenwa will certainly make us more competitive than we have been thus far.

It's not all doom & gloom!

Comments

• No, it certainly isn’t @Commoner and with GA saying in his post match interview that Rob Couhig has sanctioned the signing of two of his targets I think there are real grounds for optimism.

BTW has anyone heard what has happened to Alex Pattison?

• I should add the transfer market for the Prem closes today but I believe we have another week or so to make signings.

I think the 25 man squad for the season in the Prem also gets locked in as well. Which would then signal who may get loaned out.

• Its only international transfers that must be done today... domestic transfers deadline is the 16th I believe

• But surely a club at our level should be in the market for international transfers

Disappointed we’ve heard nothing

• I understand Messi and Ronaldo haggled cover personal terms so we will have to grab them in the new year

• @Mr67 said:
    I understand Messi and Ronaldo haggled cover personal terms so we will have to grab them in the new year

I think they are the only two players I know not playing in England too.

• I see Danny Welbeck is currently a free agent :smiley:

• @Erroll_Sims said:
    I see Danny Welbeck is currently a free agent :smiley:

Was only on £70k per week, surely within reach!

• @mooneyman said:

@Erroll_Sims said:
    I see Danny Welbeck is currently a free agent :smiley:

Was only on £70k per week, surely within reach!

Unless we lack ambition and have decided to go down without a fight i dont see why not!?

• Too injury prone

• @bookertease said:
    Too injury prone

We do like an injury prone player though.
    Sign him up and not see him again for 3 months.