Skip to content

Match day thread: Luton

12346»

Comments

• Hope that image hosting works, but the image shows Fred's shoulder was offside (taken from Simon Voakes who posted it on the Facebook group). Extremely close, but ultimately a frustratingly good decision

• @GrouchyGit said:

@mooneyman said:

@Brownie said:

@bookertease said:

@Right_in_the_Middle said:
    I think Ainsworth always saw these four games as a pre season so the real work starts in a couple of weeks.

I think that’s a really interesting thought. It does feel a bit like anything out of these games was a bonus and that it will be in 2 weeks that we get a real feel for how we’ll look this season.

Our next four games are Millwall, Reading, Norwich and Watford. We can't afford to be having a "pre-season". Entirely feasible that Sheffield Wednesday will be above us by the time we play them after those 4 fixtures.

I predict we will get a draws against Millwall and Reading, get spanked by Norwich and then get our first win against Watford

Reading Norwich and Watford will win, possible point vs Milwall

Reading are no great shakes and Watford are a basket case where most of the players want to leave and will probably have sacked their manager by the time we play them.

• Reading have won 4 out of 4... I wish we were no great shakes as much as them atm

• edited October 2020

@mooneyman said:

@GrouchyGit said:

@mooneyman said:

@Brownie said:

@bookertease said:

@Right_in_the_Middle said:
    I think Ainsworth always saw these four games as a pre season so the real work starts in a couple of weeks.

I think that’s a really interesting thought. It does feel a bit like anything out of these games was a bonus and that it will be in 2 weeks that we get a real feel for how we’ll look this season.

Our next four games are Millwall, Reading, Norwich and Watford. We can't afford to be having a "pre-season". Entirely feasible that Sheffield Wednesday will be above us by the time we play them after those 4 fixtures.

I predict we will get a draws against Millwall and Reading, get spanked by Norwich and then get our first win against Watford

Reading Norwich and Watford will win, possible point vs Milwall

Reading are no great shakes and Watford are a basket case where most of the players want to leave and will probably have sacked their manager by the time we play them.

What makes you say that about Reading?
    They've started with 4 wins out of 4 for starters.

My Reading supporting pal who is always pretty honest about their chances is cock a hoop, as he says this start is with quite a lot of injuries, and said they had players watching today's game from Inter and Benfica, with other signings being lined up.
    They're going for it this season.

So I wonder how that pans out as "no great shakes" in your eyes?

• @Username said:

Hope that image hosting works, but the image shows Fred's shoulder was offside (taken from Simon Voakes who posted it on the Facebook group). Extremely close, but ultimately a frustratingly good decision

Not sure that picture shows anything clearly. The Luton no.6 looks like he may be playing Fred onside, but impossible to tell. But certainly makes more sense than Kashket being offside, as he clearly wasn't.

• @HolmerBlue said:

@leeronhagg said:

Why we are not carrying a set of light blue shorts in our kit repertoire is a much more worrying matter in my opinion. The traditions of the club are it’s very fabric (in this case literally).

Agree re the shorts ! Pathetic, blue and orange do not clash !!

Back in March the Manchester derby featured both teams wearing their traditional kits i.e. both had white shorts. Didn't seem to bother Mike Dean.

• @Wycombe85 said:

@Username said:

Hope that image hosting works, but the image shows Fred's shoulder was offside (taken from Simon Voakes who posted it on the Facebook group). Extremely close, but ultimately a frustratingly good decision

Not sure that picture shows anything clearly. The Luton no.6 looks like he may be playing Fred onside, but impossible to tell. But certainly makes more sense than Kashket being offside, as he clearly wasn't.

Fred's shoulder is ahead of the defender at the point the ball is played, it's very tight, but it's offside.

• @Username said:

@Wycombe85 said:

@Username said:

Fred's shoulder is ahead of the defender at the point the ball is played, it's very tight, but it's offside.

Yes, that seems to be the case. But the defender in front of Parker looks like he could be playing Fred onside. That's what I meant about that picture not being conclusive. Linesman would've had the best view though I guess.

• @Wycombe85 said:

@Username said:

@Wycombe85 said:

@Username said:

Yes, that seems to be the case. But the defender in front of Parker looks like he could be playing Fred onside. That's what I meant about that picture not being conclusive. Linesman would've had the best view though I guess.

@Wycombe85 said:

@Username said:

@Wycombe85 said:

@Username said:

There was another angle that showed that Fred+ defender were behind Parker+ defender. Either way, it's not a shocking decision

• I was at the game today and would just like to make a couple of points.
    We were not outplayed (as we were against Blackburn and Swansea) and we have improved in each game, although admittedly there is still a long way to go.
    Tough to take as our start has been, it’s ridiculous to write us off after only four games. We will get better.
    Regarding the shorts, I believe it was the ref’s decision that we changed, but for someone to say that the colour of our kit is more important than the result is beyond belief.

• You could argue that history and long term traditions are more important than the result of one game but it's not an argument that needs to be made

We should always wear our blue kit when we can, including wearing different coloured shorts if we need to. Take the result out if it, it's irrelevant to the argument

As for the game, I was encouraged by Adeniran and Thompson's performances in particular. We obviously need to start creating more chances but Gaz and Dobbo will know this more than anyone. Looking forward to seeing what we can do with a couple of weeks of work at the training ground under their belt, some players back from injury and who knows, maybe a couple of loanees?

• We played some decent football today much improved on the last 2 weekends....

• @floyd said:

@EwanHoosaami said:

@Malone said:

@EwanHoosaami said:

@JohnBoy said:

@EwanHoosaami said:
    How do I get Phil Catchpole commentary please?

Click the cog and select away from the commentary options.

There wasn't a cog to click on the IFollow live streaming screen, only the listen live which we did, bit as soon as we went back to live streaming, the extremely biased home commentary team came back!!!!

Maybe it depends what device you're using, as on a laptop it's bottom right.

It's hard to admit, but Luton had 16 shots to our 5, a couple off the line etc.
    We had a couple of half chances, and due to ifollow being so poor coverage versus sky/BT sports, none of us can really be sure whether that was offside or not at the end.

Was using a laptop, but maybe because it is a Mac book?

I was on a Mac too, the cog is to the right of the volume bar in the bottom right corner.

Thanks @floyd, I shall try that the next opportunity, If I haven't forgotten by then!!!! It's a long time before the next away game for my aged memory.

• Anyone think that Norrington Davies was their only good player? (The left back)

• No, they had a number of good players and as a team seemed to be trying to play a good passing game

• Personally, I thought their player Rea was a bit of a thug, clattering into a few of our players a bit late/robust and was fortunate to escape a yellow.

• @Shev said:
    Great Spinal Tap reference from @bluntphil there.

Cheers Shev! For those who don't know...

• Classic!

• Outrageous that a relatively expensive not to mention experienced championship side are on the same points as us. Their @trevor @Wanderers82 must have exploded by now while the cry 'No new midfielders!!!!!??????????.!' must be ringing out across the Trent.

• Thought Parker gave a decent account of himself again when he came on yesterday. If we are going to continue with the current style of play, then, with the absence of Ikpeazu & Bayo, there must be a case to start him?

• edited October 2020

@Wendoverman said:
    Outrageous that a relatively expensive not to mention experienced championship side are on the same points as us. Their @trevor @Wanderers82 must have exploded by now while the cry 'No new midfielders!!!!!??????????.!' must be ringing out across the Trent.

While the negatrons are a bit of an irritation, I find the relentlessly overpositive types just as unrealistic.

The types that if we've gone 13 losses in a row will say
    "But we're still only 6 points behind Sheff Wed - and they're ex premier you know"

• @Malone fully understand but I'm not sure anyone is being over positive on here. Not good to see us being beaten every week...but personally its not far from what I was expecting and we do still have time to improve. And it is nice to see some of our quieter posters of recent times finally getting the chance to right our numerous wrongs once again.?