Skip to content

Match day thread: Luton

Comments

• In about nine years of dumping offspring at uni, rarely has the fixture list obliged. stevenage many years ago but otherwise not much. Today I’m about 20 miles from Luton and can’t go. ugghh. At least my knees won’t be sore banging on the row in front.
    Up the chair boys anyway.

• L> @DevC said:

In about nine years of dumping offspring at uni, rarely has the fixture list obliged. stevenage many years ago but otherwise not much. Today I’m about 20 miles from Luton and can’t go. ugghh. At least my knees won’t be sore banging on the row in front.
    Up the chair boys anyway.

If one of the games we aren't allowed in to is there I'd say the fixture list has been kind.

• Help!I am a season ticket holder and can't remember how to view the match on ifollow - free.

• I assumed I had to pay as an away match.

• You do.

• @woodlands said:
    Help!I am a season ticket holder and can't remember how to view the match on ifollow - free.

You sign on, and pay £10 today. It's a weekend away game.
    Home league games and for some reason midweek league aways are what you'll get free.

• Uche, Gape and Taff injured, Thompson for Bloomfield.

• Lineups in, you can't make it up, after waiting 3 games for Gape to be available again - he's out injured!
    As is Tafazolli.
    Fred on the bench, along with Bloomfield.

Thompson back at least

• shocking line up....what is happening ? so defensive and boring

• I was unable to pay by card. Although the order processed I then got an email saying payment had failed and I could not access the stream. Eventually succeeded paying via PayPal.

Hope this helps anyone else that experiences a similar problem.

• so many injuries....training methods must be wrong and worrying

• @Malone said:

@woodlands said:
    Help!I am a season ticket holder and can't remember how to view the match on ifollow - free.

You sign on, and pay £10 today. It's a weekend away game.
    Home league games and for some reason midweek league aways are what you'll get free.

Thanks@malone

• @Glenactico said:
    I was unable to pay by card. Although the order processed I then got an email saying payment had failed and I could not access the stream. Eventually succeeded paying via PayPal.

Hope this helps anyone else that experiences a similar problem.

Took me until now (about 8 games through ifollow across a couple of seasons) to realise you can just click the option 1 of 3 to just pay with the details you have logged.

• Gape injured

?

• Fred not starting but Freeman is !!

• Fred was poor last week, Freeman was one of very few that had some credit left........

• Sorry but Feed is twice the player Freeman is ... in my opinion

• Fred even !

• Just a passing thought (whilst looking up the odds for Thompson being sent off...) I wonder if we will have more players sent off this season than goals scored...

(For the avoidance of doubt I am not being serious - apart from perhaps Thompson today. He does have a tendency to over-try when he firsts get back in the team)

• Definitely..... i assume Ga is going off last week's performance though...... a point and a goal would be a great result

• @HolmerBlue said:
    Sorry but Feed is twice the player Freeman is ... in my opinion

Not last week he wasn’t. In and out of the game against Rotherham too.

• Didn’t Bayo make a comment that Fred needs to be angry to play well?

Maybe dropping him to the bench will do that and he’ll come on with 30 mins to go and score our first goals and get the first three points.

optamist.

• All injured apparently.

• @HolmerBlue said:

Very different players in very different roles. Fred will play plenty, needs to score. Freeman will be in to keep and pass the ball and create chances. If he doesn't do it someone else will get a chance.

• At least there's a 2 week break after today's game, hopefully that clears up the existing niggles, as the schedule goes a bit mad then.

• @HolmerBlue said:
    Wheeler is keeping Fred out, out on the wing, Freeman is playing a 10 position where Fred doesn’t play

• We need to stay in this for the first 15-20mins this week - give ourselves a chance!

Fred is clearly a much better player than Freeman, but certainly didn't show it last week. And that's how it should be, team picked on form, not name.

• @Gooner1963 said:

@HolmerBlue said:
    Wheeler is keeping Fred out, out on the wing, Freeman is playing a 10 position where Fred doesn’t play

Wheeler is essential at the moment, with no Uche or Bayo.
    I would like to see Fred and Horgan as wingers together at some stage soon though.