Skip to content

ChairboysCentral

Am I alone in missing Tom Hancock’s insightful, thought provoking contributions to the Gasroom?

Comments

• Well, that isn’t quite what I intended. I just needed yes and no options and when it said something about needing a third option I added a flippant “not fussed”.

• Can @Chris or @drcongo tidy it up, please.

• Yes from me. He’s taken a break from Twitter too.

• Did I miss something...is there a reason why he's decided to step down?
    I find his material and comments very enlightening on the whole.

• He's given himself some long overdue time off to recharge his batteries.

Don't think he's posted it here ,but if you fancy donating a few quid to thank him for his efforts you can do so using the link below.

https://ko-fi.com/chairboyscentral

• I don’t think I can change the poll options so I’ve just removed it.

• Cheers @Chris. I’ll not mention the cricket! I had hoped it’d be on TV but now I’m glad it isn’t. Great British Sewing Bee is an interesting alternative.

• It is quite amazing how much time Tom spends writing, posting and tweeting about the club, besides who knows what else. He deserves a rest!

• I watched some of it on YouTube but gave up once Blake was out.

• Keenness and passion are brilliant, but I always thought CC slipped a little bit over the fine line where it became a little bit too much strain on him.

Hope he comes back, still keen, still providing a good service, but in a little bit more of a relaxed fashion.

• He introduced me to the concept of XG and i enjoyed his writeups.

Hopefully he’ll be writing on all things Wycombe again once he’s got his mojo back.

• I’ve always wanted to see a kind of xG league table on the Gasroom. It could be number of posts vs subjects started. Mine would be 0.006 as I have very few original thoughts.

• Most of mine are own goals.

• edited October 2020

He was never afraid to form his own opinions and at times paid the price for that with abuse from the safety of the herd. No doubt twitter was the same. I hope he’s OK - seems a good lad.

• I'll be back after the international break, just got other things which need more focus at the moment and I'd never taken any proper time away from the blog. Didn't really want to make a big deal out of it.

• That's good to hear Tom

• Glad to hear you're OK Tom. Don't burn yourself out.

• Yeah, all good thanks. Just a crazy time as it is for a lot of us.

• edited October 2020

@DevC said:
    He was never afraid to form his own opinions and at times paid the price for that with abuse from the safety of the herd. No doubt twitter was the same. I hope he’s OK - seems a good lad.

I never noticed any abuse on here but if there was I cannot understand why...never seemed overly controversial even when I did not agree. Hope you get everything sorted and are back soon @chairboyscentral

• My first reaction to @DevC’ s post was surprise at his use of the past tense! I’m sure this is just Tom taking a well earned breather and that he’ll be back before too long. Certainly hope so.

I agree totally with your comment @Wendoverman .