Skip to content

Several new signings incoming...

124»

Comments

• @trevor said:

@glasshalffull said:

@trevor said:
    where going down anyways probably have the worst squad the championship has ever seen and clubs like burton have been in the championship too we will go down with record low points too no doubt .

Genuine question: do you actually get any joy or pleasure from ‘supporting’ Wycombe?

not these days but then again pleasure is hard to come by .

What do you define as ‘these days’? This season (3 games played)? Last season (table toppers, promotion etc)? The past 10/20 years?
    As others have pointed out, you’re perfectly entitled to your views, but I’m struggling to understand what it is about the club that makes you so pessimistic.

• @davecz said:
    @Right_in_the_Middle - have to disagree it’s short sighted. How many B team players do we need to develop, then play in first team and then for us to sell in the future against staying in the Championship . I would suggest quite a few..Your comment that the current Covid crisis is not costing us as much as others is a bit irrelevant because it’s all relative to the size of club you are.

You only have to look at our last ten years to see how important Richard Dobson has been to keeping this club afloat. We would have gone into administration several times if it hadn't have been for him and his talent spotting of young players released by other clubs.

The original sales and then in some cases the sell-on clauses have kept this club afloat and brought it more money than any other revenue stream until the TV money this season for being in the Championship.

Matt Ingram, Josh Scowen, Kortney Hause, Kadeem Harris, Jordan Ibe, Charles Dunne.

Whilst we don't get every player right, there is a lot we have got right and therefore we need the B team more than we need one or two extra players on Championship wages.

There's also not many we've released and who've gone onto better things, I can only think of Ikechi Anya and Matt Cash but I'm sure there are probably others...

• Does anyone else read @trevor posts in the voice of Wallace from Wallace & Grommit?

• I will now.

• "Never mind about Wycombe, it's time for cheese Grommit!"??

• @arnos_grove said:
    Does anyone else read @trevor posts in the voice of Wallace from Wallace & Grommit?

I think its more amusing reading them in Bugs Bunny's voice!

• @arnos_grove said:
    Does anyone else read @trevor posts in the voice of Wallace from Wallace & Grommit?

Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh for me?

• @bluntphil should get Trev to do the opposition views for Ringing the Blues

The lad would become a cult hero

• @NorsQuarters said:

@arnos_grove said:

Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh for me?

Same!

• Frank Spencer.

• He's Statler AND Waldorf, isn't he?

• Two old boys on the Muppet show.

• @arnos_grove said:

Eeyore for me 'Good morning....if it IS a good morning...who knows?'

• @eric_plant said:
    Yeah, don't tell fellow supporters to stop supporting Wycombe because you disagree with their views. You don't have the right

I think @bigred87 was suggesting that it seemed not to be good for his health rather than telling him to sling his hook @eric_plant

• @bigred87 is more empathetic than some on the Gasroom.

• I'm no expert but I'd have thought if someone is having a tough time then denying them an outlet to express their thoughts would not be advisable

Long may Trevor continue to post, IMHO, he's far less banal than the majority of contributors

• We're all sorry eric

• Write what you want, that's my point

• @Wendoverman said:

@eric_plant said:
    Yeah, don't tell fellow supporters to stop supporting Wycombe because you disagree with their views. You don't have the right

I think @bigred87 was suggesting that it seemed not to be good for his health rather than telling him to sling his hook @eric_plant

I definitely was.... i wouldn't advise anyone to sling it, i was suggesting if supporting wycombe brings him nothing but pain and misery he might wanna think about getting other interests......

• Great comments from Gareth about the fact he sis till looking to get a couple of players in and his belief in the B team and what he thinks it will do for the club
    https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/ifollow/latest-videos/

• @CyprusSwan Against York in the Conference? That can't be right, can it? Darlington, maybe?

• @Erroll_Sims said:
    An academy would be great but is hugely more expensive than a B Team - lets walk before we try to run.

The B Team gives us a bunch of players our coaching staff have assessed with potential and the right attitude who they will develop into either current season back-ups or even better future season first teamers.

Not doubting you for a moment, but could you explain why an academy would be more expensive than a B team? I don't have the slightest idea about how much either of them would cost to run.

• The thing with an Academy is you have approx 20 players per age group and build up to having multiple age groups all with coaches etc, then there is the cost of meeting safeguarding requirements because they are minors as well as monitoring their education etc. Plus the younger age groups have to be segregated from the adult players (safeguarding again) so you incur the cost of at least an additional building if not a totally separate site.

As the B team players are adults most of these costs are not incurred.

• Perfect, thanks @Erroll_Sims. I hadn't really considered any of that.

• Surely having the B team is fantastic news!? Yes we need some additions in the first team squad but there's no harm in having potential for the future also. I'm sure they won't have just been signed for the sake of it so there must be something they could potentially add to the club. Long term thinking is always the way to go...we're growing as a club and hopefully one day we'll be able to maintain our championship status. I hope this season of course but if not I'm confident we will be better placed for achieving this in the future.

• This was touched on this mornings episode of JJ & his Dad podcast, JJ rated all the B team players and reckons some if not all could feature in the first team this season