Skip to content

Several new signings incoming...

Comments

• @Right_in_the_Middle - have to disagree it’s short sighted. How many B team players do we need to develop, then play in first team and then for us to sell in the future against staying in the Championship . I would suggest quite a few..Your comment that the current Covid crisis is not costing us as much as others is a bit irrelevant because it’s all relative to the size of club you are.

• @Wendoverman said:

@trevor said:

@Wendoverman said:

@trevor said:
    Basicly signed league Two standard players not good at all.

You're not getting this B team/development thang at all are you trev?

Well it's waste of spending when can't afford players for the first team.

Not according to the people who you predicted would not get us out of League Two @trevor so forgive me for thinking this is quite a good thing. It's not an Academy but it's a start...

i doubt they got much potential anyways released from the likes of stevanage lowesstoft etc yet good enough for us .

• @Erroll_Sims walk? For some this is already headlong run off a cliff throwing wads of cash into the sea! :smile:

• @trevor said:

@Wendoverman said:

@trevor said:

@Wendoverman said:

@trevor said:

Not according to the people who you predicted would not get us out of League Two @trevor so forgive me for thinking this is quite a good thing. It's not an Academy but it's a start...

i doubt they got much potential anyways released from the likes of stevanage lowesstoft etc yet good enough for us .

Winter's come early for you hasn't it @trevor have you tried a sun lamp?

• I suppose the likes of Vardy had little potential when he played for The Cod Army in the Conference?

And of course our promotion winning team cost exactly £ZERO to assemble as they were free transfers and swaps having been released by their clubs - they probably have no potential either...

• @Wendoverman said:

@trevor said:

@Wendoverman said:

@trevor said:

@Wendoverman said:

@trevor said:

btw i never said we couldn't get out of league two more like league one was a surprise but we did play some negatrive football to get out of league one tbh which wont work in this league .

• @Erroll_Sims said:
    I suppose the likes of Vardy had little potential when he played for The Cod Army in the Conference?

And of course our promotion winning team cost exactly £ZERO to assemble as they were free transfers and swaps having been released by their clubs - they probably have no potential either...

vardy is a one off hardly a trend setter for lower league players .

• @trevor said:

I'd suggest a B12 shot

• I understand the right to analyze and criticize decisions, but when a management team has been as successful as ours has -especially in developing talent - I do think it is worth giving them the benefit of the doubt and taking a "wait and see" approach.

Personally, I think this is the first step towards the only road we can travel to help us punch above our weight more consistently, and become truly sustainable. For those who say we should spend it on the first team, it would be just as much of a waste to throw money at the second tier, get relegated anyway, and then have no B Team. To me, we are balancing an attempt to stay in the second tier with development of future talent, and it is a balancing act, but one I am confident we will get right.

• @trevor said:

@Wendoverman said:

@trevor said:

@Wendoverman said:

@trevor said:

I think you'll find that the lad from Lowestoft, (one S, you numpty), wasn't released by them, WWFC transferred him in! try a little thought & research before you post drivel, it may make you look a little less of an idiot.

• Is it really necessary to list pretty much our entire squad and show they were rejected from some club usually below us and still seem to do ok under Dobbo and Gareth. These lads are all rolls of the dice and I can't believe the bullsh1t on here and social media condemning them.

• edited September 2020

@trevor August 2017 > @trevor said:

well its all going like i said it would poor signings simple as lucky to finish mid table this season suppose that's acceptable to alot of the older fans .

Three games in to the League Two season when we - ahem! - finished third.

• when people said ...we're only three games in...

@trev as usual the insults some people on here cant admit they where wrong and i as right as usual lets see where we are at the end of the season then .

we finished third.

Like Gareth and Dobbo I think the B Team signings are a good idea. As always other opinions are available.

• I think a lot of us are slightly nervous to how things are going on the pitch.
    But some fans could find a reason to moan if we were leading the premier league by 20 points.

• where going down anyways probably have the worst squad the championship has ever seen and clubs like burton have been in the championship too we will go down with record low points too no doubt .

• Looking at the level of Reading's players wages for last season (and they struggled to finish mid table) makes you wonder how we can compete.

https://footballleaguefc.com/reading-fc-2019-20-player-wages/amp/

• Reading this thread just made me 10% stupider.

• @drcongo said:
    Reading this thread just made me 10% stupider.

Oh dear

• @trevor said:
    where going down anyways probably have the worst squad the championship has ever seen and clubs like burton have been in the championship too we will go down with record low points too no doubt .

Sounds like you having a meltdown. Hope you are ok soon. Don't want you missing our return to form.

• @trevor said:
    where going down anyways probably have the worst squad the championship has ever seen and clubs like burton have been in the championship too we will go down with record low points too no doubt .

Genuine question: do you actually get any joy or pleasure from ‘supporting’ Wycombe?

• @glasshalffull said:

@trevor said:

Genuine question: do you actually get any joy or pleasure from ‘supporting’ Wycombe?

I always hope the Trevor account is a parody account run as a second account by one of the main posters on here.

The alternative worries me.

• Hadn’t thought of that. If he’s an imposter from another club he’s been very persistent over a long period of time.
    If he’s really a Wycombe fan then what does the club need to do to please him, I wonder?

• Come on @trevor enjoy wycombe being in the championship it doesn't matter what happens it's a great achievement.... if it's bringing you nothing but negativity probably best you get another interest mate

• Gasroom is a broad church, quite like reading Trevor’s views.

• Yeah, don't tell fellow supporters to stop supporting Wycombe because you disagree with their views. You don't have the right

• @glasshalffull said:

@trevor said:

not these days but then again pleasure is hard to come by .

• I do think it is worth bearing in mind that the promotion tangibly helped the club, irrespective of whether we get relegated or not. The extra funds will keep us on a better footing - by far - than we would have been had we stayed in L1. I am not advocating jumping for joy if we go down, but we are playing with house money to a certain degree.

• edited October 2020

Shev is right. I for one cant take seeing us lose every week but way too early to tell. Does it mean i will stop following or enjoying wycombe? Of course not. When i started following wycombe it was against york in the conference. What has happened is beyond belief. Me abd my friends alway wanted to see us in the old division one. We got there. It will still sting to see us lose and go down, but this is not lower league and this is why we love this club, because its a real club with real struggles. Real football. I think we will find our feet. Gazza will make mistakes but dont we all.

• He'll turn up with a fishing rod and a bucket of chicken.