Skip to content

Several new signings incoming...

Comments

• 4 apparently

• If we're getting a flashing .gif for each signing...

• A quick google seems to suggest they’re all B team, including Malachi Linton, who was confirmed by other sources last week.

• how exciting......not

• Of course people will be underwhelmed, but hopefully this time next year we'll wonder how we ever managed without one of these guys.

• Not the "marquee signing" young Eric was demanding then!!

• I for one think this is great news, we need to have a B team that allows us the opportunity to develop young players (on modest wages) to bolster the first team in future season

• Pretty weird that we have signed four players and not even one of them is Curtis Jones... ;)

• This quote from GA in the article tells you that we aren't changing our recruitment policy anytime soon: -

“We’ve had a close look at dozens of different players over the past couple of months and these four have stood out, not just with their skillsets on the pitch, but their willingness to learn, work hard and adapt to the culture that has brought the club great success in recent years.”

And why would we?

Any "big name" signings (if they arrive, which I doubt) are still going to have to fit within the squad ethic.

Would the marquee signing have to sign under a marquee if they did it pre-match on the pitch prior to the Millwall game?

• looks like an exciting quartet, happy to see us building for the future. Given Dobbo's track record in spotting and producing talent, then these could be the key to our future income going up.
    He developed Ibe, Hause, Scowen and Harris to name a few...

• Good for the long term future of the club

• edited September 2020

@Wanderers82 said:
    how exciting......not

How unpredictable...not

• Good luck to all four of them; hopefully one or more of them will become a full-on Wycombe hero.

Have we ever had an Albanian player at the club before?

• @Wanderers82 said:
    how exciting......not

Unfortunately Lionel Messi wasn’t available.

• Presumably that's the B-team business done now. With Phillips and Anderson plus these 4, that makes 6, which I recall was the number we said we were looking to recruit.

They look like an interesting mix of players, certainly. And I really like the model of taking other clubs' cast-offs and trying to add value.

• How long before the first post questioning money being spent on this when we do yet have the signings (apparently) that will ensure our survival in the Championship?

• Good news long term hopefully, odd announcement style perhaps, will put pressure on these players and on the management to get 1st team signings in.

• Have we ever had a player to play for Cyprus or St Kitts and Nevis before?

• Great 4 signings for the B team , which hopefully is great for the future but are we going to go down without at least giving it a go .Surely there must be signings to strengthen the first team. Even on our resources. Plenty of players who are currently without clubs and earning nothing!!!

• Pleased with that, and as others have said, let's give them time to develop and watch how good they can be for us in the future.

• Didn't the recent Trust email say: '...and for the record we're going to go down without at least giving it a go.'? One reason I'm not contributing.

• @mooneyman - can I suggest you go on that ‘ modern technology’ called the internet, to see all the players.

• @davecz said:
    @mooneyman - can I suggest you go on that ‘ modern technology’ called the internet, to see all the players.

Don't waste your time explaining things to @mooneyman @davecz get straight onto Gareth and Dobbo...I think it's down to them.

• edited September 2020

@thedieharder said:
    Have we ever had a player to play for Cyprus or St Kitts and Nevis before?

One time loanee Rowan Liburd has gone on to represent St Kitts and Nevis at senior level

Tom Williams represented Cyprus once in 2006 prior to his spell at the club. Pretty sure he was Mr McLovin it right?

• @davecz said:
    Great 4 signings for the B team , which hopefully is great for the future but are we going to go down without at least giving it a go .Surely there must be signings to strengthen the first team. Even on our resources. Plenty of players who are currently without clubs and earning nothing!!!

The plan will be to wait until the transfer window closes when all those players who can’t get clubs will be queuing up at GA’s door with their begging bowls

• @OnOurWay said:
    Pretty weird that we have signed four players and not even one of them is Curtis Jones... ;)

Yeah well weird

• I may have missed something on this, but do we have any idea as to when the B Team will begin yo play games as opposed to just training?

• @Shev said:
    I may have missed something on this, but do we have any idea as to when the B Team will begin yo play games as opposed to just training?

There's only 6 of them