Skip to content

Rob Couhig Update For Supporters

this has just been released on the website - https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/2020/september/robs-update-for-supporters/

I get more impressed with the level headedness and future vision that this guy has every time I hear him and for those of you fretting about your season tickets he has an answer

Comments

• Yes, very impressive. Good news about the training ground as well.

• I'm with @Erroll_Sims on this. Every time that man does an interview he always impresses. I did like to hear that the idea of spending stupid monies with a view to keeping the status quo isn't on the agenda. Rob seems very positive that we will compete in the Championship & so far every promise he has mage has come to light?

• Sounds like some impressive work being done at both Adams Park and training ground.
    I like the talk of being "second to none"!

• Most interesting interview in recent years. Worth a watch.

Puts tomorrow's result - whatever it may be against a wage bill of circa £50,000,000 - into perspective.

• We are in very good hands. Clearly has our club in his heart. Amazing confidence that we can stay in the Championship. The improvements to the ground sound impressive. The future looks positive , thanks to the Couhigs.

• A wage bill of £50m @NiceCarrots ?
    I’d better have a look at the interview. No wonder people have greeted it so warmly.

• My admiration for the Couhigs knows no bounds. Such positivity and what reassuring words at a time when we need them most. Talk of moving beyond the Championship does feel like a bridge too far but look at Bournemouth. Their benefactor probably has substantially greater wealth than the Couhigs but we know from our own experience that money in itself by no means guarantees success.

I didn’t pick up any reference to a £50m wages bill.

• Which charlatan is landlord if our training ground? May he burn in hell

• That was an impressive update from Rob. Love his confidence and ground improvements sound promising. To the Championship.... and beyond! (In a sustainable manner)

• @micra .... he means Swansea have a wage bill of 50 million

• Great interview and very positive....

• Thanks @HolmerBlue. I must have been very tired to have misinterpreted something which, in the clear light of day. is bleedin’ obvious !

• @Malone said:
    Sounds like some impressive work being done at both Adams Park and training ground.

Except when Bojo utters it, I assume.

• @micra said:
    A wage bill of £50m @NiceCarrots ?
    I’d better have a look at the interview. No wonder people have greeted it so warmly.

That would be quite something.
    25 players each on around 40k.

Unless they have about 75 players on their books averaging 13.3k

• @micra said:

@Malone said:
    Sounds like some impressive work being done at both Adams Park and training ground.

Except when Bojo utters it, I assume.

Surely no-one still listens to him.

Back fine by Christmas then a week later says we could be constrained for another 6months with even harsher rules if needs be.

Almost Trump esque in dramatic change of soundbite.

• @Malone said:

@micra said:

Last years accounts show a wage bill of £48.9 million

• Waking up on a dull September morning with no points and no goals so far this season. Faced with the prospect of not seeing my team live for maybe the rest of the season I tuned in to Robs latest interview. His enthusiasm and positivity was a tremendous and a much-needed tonic. We are so lucky to have the likes of Rob Pete Gareth Bayo On board.CYOB

• And so say all of us. You’ve captured the mood of most of us there I reckon @Mr67.

• @Malone said:

@micra said:

Doh. I’ve just fallen in & realised @Malone that your figures are weekly. Simple as that but my autistic streak clicked in and automatically assumed that you were comparing like with like - ie the annual figure. Sadly, for me you needed to say “25 players each on around 40k a week “!

I’m forever restoring items on tables, worktops etc to their “right” (ie symmetrical) position. It’s a pretty stupid compulsion but not easy to overcome. The odd thing is that our bungalow is cluttered and untidy. Lived in is the euphemism I think.