Skip to content

Comments

• Straight into the B team though!

• Given the location of Lowestoft, I wonder if Mat Bloomfield had any influence on the club to look at him?

• I wondered the same thing @EwanHoosaami. I think the lad was with Ipswich as a youngster and I believe Matt Bloomfield coaches the youth players there these days.

• edited September 2020

I spoke with Blooms last Christmas in the club shop - a charming and sincere man by all appearances, btw - and he told me he lives in Wycombe during the week, in the one of the club houses. Taking that to be so and not meaning to contradict your doubtless honourable and sincere source, @micra, I wonder if he is likely to do much coaching at Ipswich (though of course I did not press him for a full bio and he might well pop back there once or twice a week, I guess).

• @HCblue said:
    I spoke with Blooms last Christmas in the club shop - a charming and sincere man by all appearances, btw - and he told me he lives in Wycombe during the week, in the one of the club houses. Taking that to be so and not meaning to contradict your doubtless honourable and sincere source, @micra, I wonder if he is likely to do much coaching at Ipswich (though of course I did not press him for a full bio and he might well pop back there once or twice a week, I guess).

• In case you didn't hear me the first time. Is there a delete button?

• I think he stays in the house here from Thursday to Saturday. Something like that. I don’t recall where I read about the coaching so I can’t comment on the sincerity or honourability of whatever the source was!

• @HCblue said:
    In case you didn't hear me the first time. Is there a delete button?

Pardon?

• Nearly quarter to nine.

• Ah, there we go. Thanks.

• It sure how reliable this is but his goal scoring record is good, although lower levels. Would suggest he’s an instinctive finisher.

https://www.flashscore.com/player/linton-malachi/GxLmjQ9f/

• @HCblue said:

I always wondered how it worked living so far away and doing such a physical dependent job. The coaching made me wonder even more.

But from that article it sounds like he coaches Monday nights if our schedule suits. So home Saturday night and stays there a couple of days.

But then @micra says he stays in Wycombe Thursday to Saturday, so what about Tue and Wed, unless like Bayo he's allowed training to a schedule away from us.
    But as he's also a coach for us, surely he'd need to be around the lads more.

I'm sure it works for all however they do it!

• Having said that didn't Scott Brown travel a huge distance each way, every day to training? I'm thinking 140miles, but as he was such a Cheltenham stalwart, presumably lived a bit north of there, so maybe it was 140 round trip.

He gave that as a huge reason why he had to leave.

• Bloomfield’s schedule has to be clarified. Toot sweet.