Skip to content

Anyone else finding themselves getting a bit emotional ahead of Saturday?

13»

Comments

• Yeah, would love to chew the fat with @EddieMonsoon (whatever that means).
    Used to see him at club meetings but it’s a long time of course since we had one.

• Chew the fat is believed to originate from hundreds of years ago when people would offer a visitor to their house salted bacon fat to chew on while they sat round and spoke.

• Thanks for that @OxfordBlue. Interesting.

• I wonder why Mr Monsoon never made the switch over here.

• It’s @Chris and @micra versus @EddieMonsoon and countless others at the Oval today. Two very classy batsmen currently at the wicket (Crawley and Bell Drummond).

• Sky 404.

• I just got Bell Drummond out. Shame, he was going like the clappers. But another England player (Joe Denly).

• Just hope lessons have been learned about the kind of bowlers/bowling needed on that slowest of slow pitches which will apparently be used again for a repeat encounter in the quarter final on 1 October.

Hats off to Liam Plunkett, a virtually forgotten England hero, for a very fine bowling performance.

• I think most of the year will be getting emotional after Saturdays

• I think Kent are missing one high quality fast bowler from being a great T20 side. The batting line-up is as good as I can remember from a Kent team.

• Agree. If Plunkett had been playing for Kent I reckon we’d have won.