Skip to content

IFollow issues.

Comments

• Sounds like I've been really lucky

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    Sounds like I've been really lucky

Did you lose commentary late on in the game last week out of interest?

• @Malone said:

@Right_in_the_Middle said:
    Sounds like I've been really lucky

Did you lose commentary late on in the game last week out of interest?

Yes. I did. Made the goal quite surreal but to be honest I don't mind watching football with commentary. That is what happens normally when I go live.
    I'd have quite happily shut off the co commentator today as well. Don't mind Phil but the other guy was awful. Added nothing on terms of insight. Would I be right in thinking he wasn't a footballer?

On iFollow I've always been able to get access quickly. I use a Windows10 machine with Firefox. Today I bought my match pass at 2.58 and was watching the action by 3.01. Seems lots of others aren't so lucky but is it all iFollows fault.

Maybe as a group we can pool the problems and the equipment used and see if we can see if we can help each other get to a root cause?

• I thought it will be better to avoid commenting on the match and post about ifollow experience today.

I'll start by saying that today l'm not at home and wanted to watch on a smart TV thinking that using the inbuilt browser would be the way to go, a poor choice of set-up as it turned out and the start of a bad couple of hours!

Anyway the problem seems to have been that there was an initial issue trying to view the match on Firefox browser (just a blank screen as others have reported) which may well have been with ifollow. I tried Chrome browser, but found that I couldn't even log in - I am now of the opinion this was because Firefox hadn't logged out even though I'd closed the window.

After some cursing I tried to log in on my tablet using the app but again without success so I reset TV and tablet. Finally I was able to access via Firefox on the smart TV, but it kept buffering and by the time we conceded the third goal I was about 10 minutes behind real time. At this point I switched everything off and reverted to the smaller but less frustrating tablet which worked just fine for the rest of the half.

During half time I tied again with both Firefox and Chrome on the smart TV and was able to log in but not to access the match. Just a blank screen using Firefox and a revolving circle on Chrome. Went back to the tablet again and able to log in and access the match immediately and watched the disappointing second half.

I know that Sky/NowTV/BT Sport all restrict number of devices you can register and number of con-current users but at least when you exceed the restrictions you get a message which tells you or advises just to buy the appropriate pass. It seems to me the ifollow system just hangs and then you have no idea what the issue is, or worse it implies you haven't bought a valid pass and tries to sell you another one.

Last week I had access to a laptop and hdmi cable which worked just fine, apart from the video/audio lag, linked to a larger but lower definition screen. Mistakenly I thought using the inbuilt browser would save a bit of hassle and might prove a better viewing experience.

I've learned a number of lessons last week and today and I move confidently onto next week's match in the belief that things can only get better, both in my viewing experience and for the team.

• I use Win10 and firefox on an oldish 17" screen laptop and had no problems either time though I did log in to the WWFC site fairly early on and to the match about 15 min before kick off

• edited September 2020

I usually buy the match pass just before kick off, say 15mins.
    This time I bought it yesterday. Surely that wouldn't negatively affect it?

Watched on Edge in the end on a mid level laptop. Always used Chrome previously.
    This time for the first time through a monitor, but that shouldn't harm performance in any way.

• doubt it as I bought mine on Tuesday

• @Erroll_Sims, that's my default set-up too although hooked up via hdmi to a TV. I'll revert to type next week.
    Being away from home I tried something different today, it didn't work. I'm not going to stop watching ifollow because of today - until we can watch in person that is.

I was trying to be clever and write something that was an analogy of the match today, it didn't really work.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    Maybe as a group we can pool the problems and the equipment used and see if we can see if we can help each other get to a root cause?

Well I used the same Chrome browser and Chromebook that worked perfectly for Rotherham last week but refused to furnish a picture today despite clearing the cache, cookies and browser and turning everything off and on again several times.

It's a lottery. Same thing happened last season, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

• I use the EFL app on an iPad and I have never had an issue

• Am I on my own using Safari on a laptop and HDMI cable to the big screen tv? Apart from losing the sound for the last 5/10 minutes last week, haven't had a problem with log in or playing the match.
    Still waiting for about 10 days for the IFollow team to get back to me though! ?

• I am a monthly audio subscriber to iFollow and always seem to be instantly recognized on the WWFC/iFollow site. Having initially had an issue yesterday in that only a video pass was offered, I closed the WWFC App on my laptop and upon reopening at 15:05 all was normal and audio available. Strangely at 01:50 am I received an email from EFL Digital confirming my new Audio Subscription! Perhaps that's happening to everyone this season as the new software is rolled out.

• @eric_plant said:
    I use the EFL app on an iPad and I have never had an issue

Was your audio up with play?

• For the Rotherham game it was slightly ahead, but I think everyone's was

Yesterday it was perfectly in synch

• EFL App on iPad for me as well, never had any issues (except the universal syncing issues with audio/commentary last week). Never any buffering or fuzzy picture. Great quality broadcast. Just a shame about the results so far! Come on you Blues!

• @eric_plant said:
    For the Rotherham game it was slightly ahead, but I think everyone's was

Yesterday it was perfectly in synch

Not for me. After 15 minutes Phil’s psychic powers had returned and he was predicting what would happen. Another press of the live button and he lost his mojo for another quarter of an hour.

• Couldnt load on my pc , used to be fone on same pc before. So used my phone and no problem. Messaged them over a week ago regarding another issue, no response. Used live chat before game, no response, then they disconnected it for no reason. One of the worst customer experiences ever seen.

• @CyprusSwan said:
    Couldnt load on my pc , used to be fone on same pc before. So used my phone and no problem. Messaged them over a week ago regarding another issue, no response. Used live chat before game, no response, then they disconnected it for no reason. One of the worst customer experiences ever seen.

Only a week ago? 12 days for me now also like you, nothing on live chat either!

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    Am I on my own using Safari on a laptop and HDMI cable to the big screen tv? Apart from losing the sound for the last 5/10 minutes last week, haven't had a problem with log in or playing the match.

That's my set up too and haven't had any problems. I used to use airplay from the iPhone to get it to the TV but they seems to have got rid of that option in the new app.

• At least it's on Sky next week!

• @Malone said:
    At least it's on Sky next week!

Not a sky subscriber I'm afraid, I am though a 3 season ticket holder, so should get the game for free this time?

• @EwanHoosaami said:

@Malone said:

Not a sky subscriber I'm afraid, I am though a 3 season ticket holder, so should get the game for free this time?

No ifollow stream for games that are shown live on Sky. There will be audio on BBC 3CR 98 FM.

• @AlanCecil said:

@EwanHoosaami said:

@Malone said:

No ifollow stream for games that are shown live on Sky. There will be audio on BBC 3CR 98 FM.

Socially distanced pub? Or not, depending on what Boris has come up with over the weekend.

• @AlanCecil said:

@EwanHoosaami said:

@Malone said:

I think someone from the club answered a couple of individual tweeters saying refunds will be dealt with once we're back in the grounds.

But as there seems the chance you can use a pass AND get a refund, presumably all refunds will be dealt with on a you quote how much you want back basis?

If it pans out as quoted that we get midweek aways free on I follow, for me that perhaps counter balances the "loss" of paying £22 per home game in the Frank Adams stand per game, and getting a £10 pass.

But i suppose not even getting anything for the few sky games is a stretch too far?

• @EwanHoosaami said:

@Malone said:

From EFL.com

“Sky Bet Championship Streaming

Championship Clubs are able to stream any match not shown live on Sky to fans who purchase individual match passes for £10.

The new framework for Season Ticket Holders allows Clubs to have the option to provide streams of:

All home matches, including those shown live on Sky
    Any midweek away match, including those shown live on Sky
    Clubs cannot provide access to any away weekend match, live on Sky or not, within a season ticket package.”

So my reading is it is on ifollow for season ticket holders but anyone else will not be able to purchase a match pass - although they can purchase a NowTV pass for the day.

• I wonder why you (potentially!) get midweek aways for free as a STH. That seems too good to be true?

• @EwanHoosaami Apologies my earlier post was incorrect.
    The IFollow service will be available to Season Ticket 2020/21 holders for next Saturday's game vs Swansea even though it is also on Sky.

https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/2020/september/watch-championship-matches-live-on-ifollow/

"Matches which are being televised on Sky Sports will be made available to season ticket holders and will automatically be added to your account, with no need to use a promo code."

• Thanks Alan, much appreciated. I know I am going slowly/quickly gaga but thought I'd read that somewhere.

• I've asked ifollow for a refund. They have replied with a 'high volume' response but at least it's in the system!