Skip to content

Match day thread: Blackburn

Comments

• @Doober48 said:
    Unfortunately this result is coming for blind loyalty to JJ Bloomfield etc ,most people could see they are not championship standard

Where have you come from?

• This is a painful watch. I’m assuming we’ve been attempting to make some more signings and they just haven’t come off possibly due to us not being able to pay the type of wages needed at Championship level. It’s a massive jump in quality from League 1 to the Championship and our squad looks woefully short of the quality needed to compete. Maybe the club just see the season as a free hit and will accept relegation.

• Only Stewart comes out of that half with any credit for me.
    But it's only 45 minutes and if we learn from it it won't be in vain.

• First goal was definitely a pen. Although i can't believe JJ gave the ball away and Blooms made a challenge like that.
    I'd need to see the second goal again, but on the replay it looks like Grimmer takes the longest possible route to the ball.

• Looking forward to getting the first sight of Uche.

• @floyd said:
    First goal was definitely a pen. Although i can't believe JJ gave the ball away and Blooms made a challenge like that.
    I'd need to see the second goal again, but on the replay it looks like Grimmer takes the longest possible route to the ball.

It did seem likely that he'd at least get a decent block in from that position, but instead their man gets a totally unimpeded second bite.

• Hopefully a calmer second half, and if we can at least score a goal that is something to build on.

• @NewburyWanderer said:

@Doober48 said:
    Unfortunately this result is coming for blind loyalty to JJ Bloomfield etc ,most people could see they are not championship standard

I've been around I just don't comment much

• Been waiting three years for something bad to happen?

• Nope 5 years

• 3-0 at half time and no subs.... wtf

• @bigred87 said:
    3-0 at half time and no subs.... wtf

What change would you make?

• @floyd said:
    First goal was definitely a pen. Although i can't believe JJ gave the ball away and Blooms made a challenge like that.

Hospital pass from Horgan back to JJ before the pen sadly, a catalogue of errors.

• @NewburyWanderer said:

@Doober48 said:

The old club shop?

• Oh Darius.

• The fake pass/ cross from JJ for the 3rd was so obvious, you could see more subtlety in an Amsterdam brothel.

• What on earth - i leave the room for 1min and miss a red card.

Just to make this a worst case scenario all round?

• Its almost as if we've gone up a league on a relatively small budget and are starting poorly. Going to be a bumper season for new and formerly silent posters and 'I know I'll get shot down/abuse/bullied but...'

• Going to rely on most teams having bad days and us having good days of we are going to survive this season.

I did mention a few weeks ago that our defence would get found out at this level and nobody believed me.

• Thought Stewart was at risk on his earlier yellow.

Tafa has a chance to cement a place though, if we're scrabbling around for a positive.

• @thecatwwfc said:
    Going to rely on most teams having bad days and us having good days of we are going to survive this season.

I did mention a few weeks ago that our defence would get found out at this level and nobody believed me.

You should have said it louder then.

• @Wendoverman said:
    Its almost as if we've gone up a league on a relatively small budget and are starting poorly. Going to be a bumper season for new and formerly silent posters and 'I know I'll get shot down/abuse/bullied but...'

Massive year for whingers and the deluded

• Is that a "good save" from Allsop, or is pushing it a few yards straight into the middle of his goal anything but?

• I predicted we would struggle and get a few pastings but have enough to survive but no-one listened...

• Fell asleep at the corner

• Start off by getting our 6.3 forward @Malone

• Are you being serious?

• @Wendoverman said:
    Its almost as if we've gone up a league on a relatively small budget and are starting poorly. Going to be a bumper season for new and formerly silent posters and 'I know I'll get shot down/abuse/bullied but...'

I'm realest I know we are going to get battered some weeks but we need to improve the squad asp

• This is absolutely shocking, not sure how it could get worse.

• @Username said:
    This is absolutely shocking, not sure how it could get worse.

5-0 and Stewart also getting sent off.