Skip to content

Shirts

Queried where my shirt was that I ordered on the 15/8 and got the following response:
We have always had an agreement with O’Neill’s that they sell our shirts and as a result we gain 15% of these sales. That’s approx. £7 a shirt, the remaining £38(ish) goes to O’Neills.
As you know we went live with the club shop in May and started to sell our own shirts. We gain approx. £26 profit per shirt, so the mark up is fare better. The issue however is O’Neills can create shirts in a quick turn around when they are gaining £38 a shirt, this is halved if we sell it, so to reduce losses they produce the shirts as a print to order and this takes a good while (approx. 5 weeks). They use a different machine for the two products.

We sold ours in advance and the money this generates is so important to the clubs survival. We cannot stop O’Neill’s selling them too and at a quicker turn around but this is not healthy for the club in terms of finance.

It’s a strange situation but it’s contracted and therefore we just have to hope fans by direct from us.

Comments

• What a strange arrangement. We've got two years left to run on the current O'Neills deal so I suspect this will be their last home shirt for us (and so those complaining about the collars never changing probably only have two more years to wait!)

• Very Surprised that they gave you details of the current commercial arrangements and what a strange arrangement that is. To have started the season and not received any shirts is dissapointing to say the least but I suppose that the virus has had an impact on production and distribution somewhere along the line. So some slack should be given. Lets all hope that shirts ordered such a long time ago are available soon

• Now this is a post with many levels to it. No idea how much truth there is in it or why a brand new poster has chose this as an opening gambit.

Too much specific information in it for me to believe but I'm guessing the denial will be posted soon enough of its coming from who I think it is.

• Whose previous incarnation do you have in mind @Right_in_the_Middle ?

• @micra cast your mind back a couple of years to a new poster with some specific information about a shirt deal.

• I’ve cast it but it’s let me down again.

• Crikey, is that the time.

• Is it the guy who was adamant that "Gareth is off to QPR" and then disappeared for 6months when it didn't happen?

• If true it makes some sense to try and renegotiate in this way to maximize the income while still under contract, us being massive now, late new sponsors and covid equally to blame for lateness no doubt and some clear dates given when ordering, doesn't seem too bad all round, they seemed to be happy with sales so far.

• The club said shirts ordered by 16th August would arrive in September so I was also expecting that to be around now, allowing a month for production and delivery. I suppose it could be another two weeks and still technically be within their specified timescale.
    Mind you, they also said the tile wall would be completed during the summer. Any news on that?

• I suspected the OP was someone who had had Rod Hull's arm up his arse at some point

• Complete sentences, no hysteria and a decent grip on realistic figures? I doubt you are right there @Erroll_Sims

• My Playoff Shirt arrived today

• So did mine. See I can do non controversial posts !!!

• @Erroll_Sims said:
    I suspected the OP was someone who had had Rod Hull's arm up his arse at some point

No chance.

• My replica shirt arrived too. Happy days

• My play off shirt arrived this morning, can't wait to get the new shirt that i ordered when they were first on the WWFC website.

• Play off shirt arrived today as well..thankfully guessed the right size..XXXL !

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    Now this is a post with many levels to it. No idea how much truth there is in it or why a brand new poster has chose this as an opening gambit.

Too much specific information in it for me to believe but I'm guessing the denial will be posted soon enough of its coming from who I think it is.

It isn’t who you think it is. I simply asked as I’ve ordered a training shirt off the O’Neills website which was despatched in 24hrs and yet my match shirt ordered from the wwfc shop hadn’t even been despatched. Not sure why the suspicion but the club needs to re negotiate their shirt deal if this is the case.

• @Simongarnerscigar said:

@Right_in_the_Middle said:
    Now this is a post with many levels to it. No idea how much truth there is in it or why a brand new poster has chose this as an opening gambit.

It isn’t who you think it is. I simply asked as I’ve ordered a training shirt off the O’Neills website which was despatched in 24hrs and yet my match shirt ordered from the wwfc shop hadn’t even been despatched. Not sure why the suspicion but the club needs to re negotiate their shirt deal if this is the case.

It is a shame perhaps that you missed the date info on the website or the messages on twitter and the website that were pretty clear.
    It sounds rather like moving to batch ordering is a decent interim idea whilst under contract.

• @Simongarnerscigar said:

I think you are someone who's posted under a couple of different names on here before but as I've not said who your denial is expected, to type, and devoid of any information from me. Slightly changing the story from shirt with clear game shirt pricing to a training shirt is odd.

All sounds like more of the old bitterness to me. No staff member would have written an email like that but the aquitance you have who you jealous of may have dropped bits in to conversation. Once more their confidence in you in very misplaced.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

@Simongarnerscigar said:

I think you are someone who's posted under a couple of different names on here before but as I've not said who your denial is expected, to type, and devoid of any information from me. Slightly changing the story from shirt with clear game shirt pricing to a training shirt is odd.

All sounds like more of the old bitterness to me. No staff member would have written an email like that but the aquitance you have who you jealous of may have dropped bits in to conversation. Once more their confidence in you in very misplaced.

Ooh mysterious

• @Malone said:
    Is it the guy who was adamant that "Gareth is off to QPR" and then disappeared for 6months when it didn't happen?

Wonkey carrots, wasn’t it?

• @micra said:

@Malone said:
    Is it the guy who was adamant that "Gareth is off to QPR" and then disappeared for 6months when it didn't happen?

Wonkey carrots, wasn’t it?

Nah his mate, chair.

• Thought that was Sonny.

• Ordered my training top yesterday and got an e-mail this morning to say it has been despatched, wasn't cheap though at £41 which is much more than last season.

• @robin I think this was the point the OP was making. Order a shirt directly from O'Neills and it's dispatched the following day. Order via the club and it takes 5 weeks but the club make £26 instead of £7 per shirt. Most of us will choose to order directly from the club but 5 weeks is a long time to wait, so we might decide to order directly from O'Neills next time.
    Does anyone know when the tile wall that was due to be completed this summer will be completed? Serious question.

• Agreed i'd rather give more money to the club but 5 weeks is a long time to wait, last year i waited a day and they'd sold out and when i e-mailed O'Neills they got one despatched to me in very quick time i was very impressed.

• @Sherrinford said:
    @robin I think this was the point the OP was making. Order a shirt directly from O'Neills and it's dispatched the following day. Order via the club and it takes 5 weeks but the club make £26 instead of £7 per shirt. Most of us will choose to order directly from the club but 5 weeks is a long time to wait, so we might decide to order directly from O'Neills next time.
    Does anyone know when the tile wall that was due to be completed this summer will be completed? Serious question.

I don't know if you can order direct, if you could you'd have to chose between getting it quickly direct and giving a higher percentage to the club by offering via them. I thought the difference with the training shirt was that they had pre-ordered a batch but maybe not.
    If you got your tile in the first set I think you should have your copy by now, think the extended orders are due when the wall is complete maybe around the time we are allowed back in?