Skip to content

Comments

• Interesting analysis, I thought we must have been playing a 4231 on Sat given the line-up but hard to tell when you're relying on TV cameras so good to see confirmation from an astute watcher of the game.

I wonder whether Wheeler is now being positioned for a semi permanent switch to central attacking midfield, with Freeman able to deputise when required (and if we can get an Eze-style loanee, all the better). It's a pretty potent three of Fred, Wheeler, Horgan and I can't see Wheeler making it onto the wings unless there's an injury - but as Tom highlights, his intelligent flick-ons could prove crucial to setting our lone striker free.

As for defending a corner against a team playing an 'adapted bus stop' formation, I would have thought having a man on the line would be more important, not less. If we didn't know which of six players the ball could go to, all running in from the D in a fanning-out line, surely the sensible thing would be to accept they're likely to get the ball and play a safety first defence with a deep back line and a player on the goal line?

• surely the sensible thing would be to accept they're likely to get the ball

This doesn't seem at all sensible to me.

• It wouldn't have resulted in a worse turn of events at that final corner though, would it.

• I believe they call that results orientated thinking.