Skip to content

IFollow issues.

Since the new/latest version of IFollow has come out, has anybody else had problems when it comes to signing in? When I sign in, it never recognises the fact, (visually), that I have. Last season, I signed in and it changed in the top right hand corner from sign in/register to my my name. This season it doesn't change at all, just stays the same. As a consequence I find myself signing in repeatedly until I give up, however it still does allow me access to the subscriber content.
I have as advised, tried to register for the Rotherham game on Saturday. This time it wouldn't allow me to put in the promotion code until I entered the credit card details I use 7 now unsurprisingly, it has taken the £10! Anyone got any experience with this that can advise a non techy fan please?

Comments

• Are you talking about the desktop version or the app? I can’t seem to do anything on the app in terms of entering codes (which is a shame as I tend to use that to stream it wirelessly to my TV) so I’m about to try the desktop.

• Desktop. Haven't tried the app as I only have it on my mobile so wouldn't be much fun watching that!

• It looks like they're still making changes to the service - some bits in iFollow look different to when I was on there only the other day.

• It looks like that ‘sign in / register’ button is not changing state when you’re logged in.

I clicked on it and immediately below it says I’m logged in, offers the chance to log out but the sign in / register button remains unchanged. From memory I think it used to change to your name.

So I think you are logged in but they need to fix the icon state. Someone with greater knowledge than me will no doubt be shaking their head at my terminology!

• @chairboyscentral said:
    It looks like they're still making changes to the service - some bits in iFollow look different to when I was on there only the other day.

Yes, the match countdown video is now in the app under the Rotherham game. Also, it now says to manage subscriptions via the desktop, which it didn’t yesterday. Work in progress!

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    Since the new/latest version of IFollow has come out, has anybody else had problems when it comes to signing in? When I sign in, it never recognises the fact, (visually), that I have. Last season, I signed in and it changed in the top right hand corner from sign in/register to my my name. This season it doesn't change at all

When I sign in it doesn't recognise the fact or show my name in the top corner either, but clicking "sign in" for a second time takes me through to my account details.

However, when someone I know (who created a new account this week) signs in on the same laptop, it does show their name in the top corner.

Bit odd, but it's not just you.

• @EwanHoosaami @arnos_grove might be worth downloading Firefox and trying to sign in through that.

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    Since the new/latest version of IFollow has come out, has anybody else had problems when it comes to signing in? When I sign in, it never recognises the fact, (visually), that I have. Last season, I signed in and it changed in the top right hand corner from sign in/register to my my name. This season it doesn't change at all, just stays the same. As a consequence I find myself signing in repeatedly until I give up, however it still does allow me access to the subscriber content.
    I have as advised, tried to register for the Rotherham game on Saturday. This time it wouldn't allow me to put in the promotion code until I entered the credit card details I use 7 now unsurprisingly, it has taken the £10! Anyone got any experience with this that can advise a non techy fan please?

Other people seem to have had the same problem with £ being taken for the match pass despite them having been supplied with a code on account of their season ticket. The club seem to be directing people to email the EFL.

• Using the Chrome browser on a laptop, I had some problems when signing in yesterday too.
    It didn't update my status although I was actually signed in.
    I had to enter payment card details even though using a pass code and most importantly when enter the code make sure you hit the apply button.
    That all worked for me and I wasn't charged (technically I was charged but for £0.00).

• Hope @BSE has got a match graphic ready

• Just paid my £10 with no problem.

• Cheers. I'm logged in ok and have been charged £0. It just says I'm not - only a display issue so no problem there.

• I only registered the end of last week...my name is in top right hand corner.

• Just rechecked the email confirmation, yes I have definitely been charged a tenner! Emailed IFollow straight away and was told by automated reply that someone would get back to me shortly and no surprises, they haven't! Think I might just raise a dispute with the CC company and try again with the promotion code. I did try the idiot proof step by step instruction that the club sent out and it has led me to this situation.

• I have an ongoing iFollow basic account and it now recognizes me as I open the WWFC link. All seems well on my laptop/Chrome with Promo code (-£10 = £00.00) and I get as far as the "Pay" button but then nothing happens!???

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    Just rechecked the email confirmation, yes I have definitely been charged a tenner! Emailed IFollow straight away and was told by automated reply that someone would get back to me shortly and no surprises, they haven't! Think I might just raise a dispute with the CC company and try again with the promotion code. I did try the idiot proof step by step instruction that the club sent out and it has led me to this situation.

If you followed the precise instructions, it said it would ask for card details but as long as you then entered your Promo Code in the right box, you should not have been charged.
    Then you should get a confirmation message showing a Zero charge.

Hopefully iFollow can sort this out for you.

• There's a few bits here,

Log in display issue - You can probably log in but it's not clear you have done, go to log in again it should show your details and allow you to proceed
    Code entry - Seems to stick a bit , make sure you retry and see the price come down to £0 before you proceed to any payment
    Payment - This also seemed to hang for me, retried using PayPal and it went through ok
    App - Think you need to do all the buying / voucher stuff in a web browser , can be on phone or computer, you should then be able to watch the game either via the app on a phone or tablet, or via a web browser on a computer
    Casting / connecting to TV - Seemed to work well via a laptop and HDMI cable last year, heard some people were able to do so on iphone but not me on Android, a friend asked iPlayer and his club directly a few times but got no reply so trial and error I'd guess

We're all just Beta testing for iPlayer as they haven't / won't, the things we do for fun on our free time...

Cheers

• Does anyone know which iFollow plan you need for access to full match replays? I cancelled my subscription during lockdown and it looks like the options have changed. Not entirely clear.

• So I registered a basic account and can log in on the WWFC site but have received no form of email confirmation, I then purchased a match pass for Saturday which shows on my account on the website but still no email confirmation of purchase and when I try to view iFollow videos (interviews with JJ & GA) it tells me I need to subscribe - I am confused as the match pass should allow me to view these - anyone help me or am I just having a senior moment?

• I think the match pass is literally for the match only.

Any extra content needs a subscription of sorts.
    A single match pass isn't a subscription.

• You should get an email confirming the match pass though.

• Login this morning just now to be on the safe side first time I’ve used i follow it’s telling me I’ve subscribed for the game but I can’t see how you access the screen at the stage. I think I read somewhere that it comes up about an hour before the gameIs that correct? Thanks

• Correction it’s telling me I have access to this match am I right in saying something happens nearer the kickoff time?

• @Mr67 said:
    Correction it’s telling me I have access to this match am I right in saying something happens nearer the kickoff time?

You should just be able to click"watch live" from about 15 mins before

• I’m sure it will @Mr67. And, for me (I always seem to have problems setting up for iFollow matches) a timely reminder that there’s only about three hours to sort it out.
    Time runs away with me these days and there’s usually a last minute panic.

Worst case scenario - watch on this minuscule iPhone screen!

• Thank you both. What we would give for an uncomplicated stroll up hill bottom road at about 2-15,

• @ValleyWanderer said:
    I have an ongoing iFollow basic account and it now recognizes me as I open the WWFC link. All seems well on my laptop/Chrome with Promo code (-£10 = £00.00) and I get as far as the "Pay" button but then nothing happens!???

Discovered the problem: I'd been clicking on "Use existing payment method" and although it brought up the details, it wouldn't progress. So I just entered the same details again in "Debit Card" and hey presto!

• @ValleyWanderer said:

@ValleyWanderer said:
    I have an ongoing iFollow basic account and it now recognizes me as I open the WWFC link. All seems well on my laptop/Chrome with Promo code (-£10 = £00.00) and I get as far as the "Pay" button but then nothing happens!???

Discovered the problem: I'd been clicking on "Use existing payment method" and although it brought up the details, it wouldn't progress. So I just entered the same details again in "Debit Card" and hey presto!

I had exactly the same issue last night, tried numerous times, emailed the club and went to bed Mr Angry. This morning had an email from Ben at the club (sent at 00.16 this morning !!!) suggesting it was payment card related. I tried the method @ValleyWanderer suggested and Bingo, we're in. ?

• I seem to be in as i can see teams getting off coach. Is there a full screen option that i am missing...not a deal breaker but...

• @Wendoverman said:
    I seem to be in as i can see teams getting off coach. Is there a full screen option that i am missing...not a deal breaker but...

Hover cursor over the picture you have - toolbar appears at bottom - full screen icon is bottom right