Skip to content

Tonight's friendly

edited September 2020 in Football

Anyone know the line up tonight? Is it 100% b team and trialists? Just thinking that if there are any possible 1st teamers playing 90 mins or a descent chunk this evening, we could probably take that as they are very likely not going to be involved tomorrow???

Comments

• Deathly silence..... I guess no-one knows then ?

• edited September 2020

According to Chesham Twitter, the entire WWFC team is from the well-known local family sired by the sexually prolific Mr and Mrs Triallist. Hardly surprising 16 hours before a league game.

• Ha! No not surprising at all. Thought that would be the case

• No first teamers. Losing 1-0. It’s pretty dire stuff

• @53cheese said:
    No first teamers. Losing 1-0. It’s pretty dire stuff

Oh dear, you would like to think trialists and b teamers from a championship side would walk through chesham. Bye bye trialists.. ?

• @53cheese said:

any idea about who the trialists are?

• Chesham Twitter says every single Wycombe player is named as A. Trialist.....

• @Alexo said:
    Chesham Twitter says every single Wycombe player is named as A. Trialist.....

Dev has already said that .. sorry

• Sorry, no insight on who the trialists are. Beyond our Karacan lookalike in goal and a decent looking winger (Sam something) I’m not sure we’ll see many of them again. Now 2-0. It’s pretty shambolic at the back in particular.

• Well, I guess that's what the game was all about

• @floyd said:

@53cheese said:

any idea about who the trialists are?

I think at least one is called Paid

• "Joseph's goal bound shot is helped into the net by two Wycombe defenders" says cheshams Twitter. They must have watched Stockdale against West ham and assumed it was the done thing!?? ????

• Finished 2-1 to chesham

• Just think. Those who attended tonight could be the only ones to see a Wycombe team play live all season...

• The game was enjoyable to watch, played at a belting pace until the end in front of 384. Yes, the two goals conceded were down to defensive mistakes, but this team has been thrown together, they hardly know each other and that might explain poor decision making times. They all looked fit and keen to impress, some had blistering pace and some lovely skills. One of them hit the post with a free kick from 25 yards.

Chesham deserved the win and impressed throughout, they also hit the bar and had an effort cleared off the line amongst other chances. This bodes well for their season. The ground has always been one of my favourites, acres of terracing and it has had a new lick of paint over the summer. The terracing on the far side has a proper roof now. Enjoy it while you can, it looks like they will be moving to a new ground soon.

• Thanks for that @Steve_Peart. Clearly some positives there but many difficult decisions to make on limited evidence.

• Chesham have been moving to a new ground 'soon' for about 5 years now! Does seem to be some progress, but still another 2 or 3 years at the Meadow I reckon