Skip to content

Charity Prediction Contests - First Game Rotherham home

First game of new season.

Just predict either a) match score (£10 per season fee) b) scorers (£10 per season fee) c) both (£15 per season fee) and confirm paid. Format please (eg) Wycombe 2 Rotherham 0 (Fred, Kashket) paid

Need 20 entrants to run.

Full Rules and links to charity here

https://gasroom.org/discussion/6110/annual-charity-prediction-competitions#latest

Comments

• Wycombe 0 Rotherham 1 (no Wycombe scorer) paid

• I'm a bit confused...I paid a tenner split between the two charities...so what am I allowed to predict?

• @Wendoverman said:
    I'm a bit confused...I paid a tenner split between the two charities...so what am I allowed to predict?

Neither

• @JohnBoy said:

@Wendoverman said:
    I'm a bit confused...I paid a tenner split between the two charities...so what am I allowed to predict?

Neither

Thats a bugger. When it said in he original post you could donate to either charity or a combination of the two I thought that meant you could donate to either charity or a combination of the two. Schoolboy error.

• Wycombe 2 - 1 Rotherham
    Wheeler, Grimmer
    Paid

• @Wendoverman said:

It's £10 per competition and £15 for the two, to celebrate our highest ever league finish in this coming season. It doesn't matter how you split the donations.
    So currently @Wendoverman can either predict the score or the Wycombe goalscorers, however for an additional £5 to either charity he can do both.

• I go:

Wycombe 2 Rotherham 1 (McCarthy and Ikpeazu) (Paid)

• Wycombe 1 Rotherham 1 (paid)

• Wycombe 2 (Jacobsen, Ikpeazu) Rotherham 0
    (Paid) (although not gift aid as per this being a contest)

• I think as you can enter without donating it’s fair enough to claim the gift aid.

• Just to clarify a couple of queries here.

I think Steve has clarified @Wendoverman query, but to be clear you can enter one or other competition for a donation which we ask to be a minimum of £10. If you prefer to enter both we ask a minimum donation of a combined £15. Any further query let me know.

My understanding is that gift aid is fine as it is a voluntary donation of a competition with no prize. If you choose not to tick the box that's your choice (but charity misses out on "free cash" from government. I have ticked the box for my contribution for whatit is worth.

• @DevC said:
    Just to clarify a couple of queries here.

I think Steve has clarified @Wendoverman query, but to be clear you can enter one or other competition for a donation which we ask to be a minimum of £10. If you prefer to enter both we ask a minimum donation of a combined £15. Any further query let me know.

My understanding is that gift aid is fine as it is a voluntary donation of a competition with no prize. If you choose not to tick the box that's your choice (but charity misses out on "free cash" from government. I have ticked the box for my contribution for whatit is worth.

Ok, wording is a bit grey on the donation site but obviously don't begrudge the charity the extra if people have selected it.

• Wycombe 2 (Onyedinma, Horgan) Rotherham 2 (Paid)

• Wycombe 1 (samuel) Rotherham 0 (paid)

• Paid to both.....

Wycombe 1-0 Rotherham (Ikpeazu)

• edited September 2020

Wycombe 1- 1 Rotherham (Fred) Paid

• Wycombe 1 Rotherham 1 (Stewart) paid.

• Wycombe 1-0 Rotherham (Ikpeazu) - paid.

• Wycombe 2 Rotherham 1 (Fred, Wheeler) - not yet paid but I will

• Wycombe 2 Rotherham 2 (Samuel / Horgan). Paid.

• Massive thanks to you both again for organising this. (Paid)

Keeping to last year’s successful strategy:

Wycombe 0 - 2 Rotherham

• Just a quick reminder that Saturday's game is a 12.30 kick off so any predictions will need to be made by

scorer prediction 11.29am
    score prediction 12.29pm

(Oh look by issuing this reminder, this thread appears to have been bumped to top of page. Who would have thought it.....)

• Wycombe 2 Rotherham 1 Ikpeazu, Bloomfield paid

• Wycombe 1 Rotherham 1, Samuel to score (paid)

• Wycombe 2 - Rotherham 1 (Jacobson, Horgan) - (Paid)

• This Paid fella must be quite the hotshot.

• Nah he won’t be picked much after this weekend

• @bookertease said:
    Nah he won’t be picked much after this weekend

Him and trialist can go on a well earned break

• Wycombe 2 - Rotherham 1 (Samuel, Wheeler) - Paid