Skip to content

Rotherham game - How do season ticket holders watch on I follow?

Does anyone know if the club have already announced what STHs have to do to get an I follow pass for BCD home matches? Getting a bit close to the historic occasion without any idea what's going on!

Comments

• I believe they will be sending ST holders a secret pass code by email but you do have to be registered for the iFollow I think.

• I guess we will get the email in the next few days. Being the first time they’ve done this it may take a while to sort out will only contact the club if nothing heard by Friday

• I’d recommend registering for ifollow well in advance and working out how to login etc well ahead of KO on Saturday. It isn’t especially intuitive on a web browser. Easier on the app. At least that has been my experience in the past.

• Nice one, thanks to everyone who looked into it. I managed to miss the page @ForeverBlue linked to when I did a sweep of the news items on the website the other day.

• So if season ticket holders don't watch/listen on I follow they get a refund on their match day ticket etc?
    Is it audio or live feed?

• Do they post some crisps to our home addresses as part of the deal ?

• @Aylesburyblue said:
    So if season ticket holders don't watch/listen on I follow they get a refund on their match day ticket etc?
    Is it audio or live feed?

It's the game visually live.
    Imagine how poor a compensation just audio would be!

• Ps presumably they will also notify about refund as an option if you don't want to take up the pass.
    (Ie a family of 4 who don't need 4 individual passes)

• @Malone, the statement suggests you'll get multiple pass codes in a single email - goes on to point out these are for individual personal use only too, so you shouldn't sell them on!
    It's not what might have been expected.
    Not sure it says how to get a refund, although as a certainty if you use the pass you won't get a refund.
    Maybe they are hoping people will make use of all the codes and not claim a refund?

• edited September 2020

Hmm I'm not sure why the Club should provide three refunds when all four people will still watch the match on one TV / computer. I think they were wrong to offer refunds in the first place because it's a complete minefield (I also thought they were wrong to sell season tickets before entry to the ground was allowed, though it seems I was in a minority of one on that) but surely they should judge it so you only get a refund if no member in your household uses the voucher.

• @aloysius said:
    Hmm I'm not sure why the Club should provide three refunds when all four people will still watch the match on one TV / computer. I think they were wrong to offer refunds in the first place because it's a complete minefield (I also thought they were wrong to sell season tickets before entry to the ground was allowed, though it seems I was in a minority of one on that) but surely they should judge it so you only get a refund if no member in your household uses the voucher.

Right or wrong about the initial issuing of season tickets, i think they would certainly risk massively cheesing people off by insisting redeeming one voucher in household constituted using all of them in a house.

Imagine you'd put £50-60 in between the family per game and get a £10 ifollow pass!

• Don’t forget to switch off any score notifications on your devices. It’s always a good minute adrift of real-time.

• @Malone said:
    Imagine you'd put £50-60 in between the family per game and get a £10 ifollow pass!

But wasn't that the risk people took when buying season tickets in the midst of a pandemic? There were two arguments in favour of doing so - you were helping the club out at a time of no income and you would get priority access when grounds started admitting people again. Both those reasons are still valid, that's why I thought the club was wrong to change the rules and offer a refund on matches missed, which is going to be a nightmare to administer fairly.

Not wanting to go off on a tangent necessarily but I think the arguments I gave for not selling season tickets early remain. I see today that a non-league football match in County Durham has seen 28 supporters infected with coronavirus, which will hardly help with the case for reopening stadia. And how do you open the grounds in towns and cities which have local lockdown restrictions imposed on them? I can't see how. But if you force certain clubs to play all matches behind closed doors - Bolton Wanderers, for example - while others are allowed to reopen, surely they will argue to the League that they've been unfairly penalised? It's why I'm increasingly confident we'll follow the German model and keep stadia closed until the new year, I'm afraid.

• @arnos_grove said:
    Don’t forget to switch off any score notifications on your devices. It’s always a good minute adrift of real-time.

Best advice on the thread so far.

• Is that actually happening in Germany though?

Must admit I’m confused myself as had heard something alone similar lines to what you’ve said but then see on Saturday Union Berlin played a friendly in front of 4.5k fans..

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/sports/2020/09/06/soccer/union-berlin-test-coronavirus/

I had been wondering if the big increase in cases last couple of days could impact plans (and also potential impact of that charity event in Durham) but at the same time saw yesterday that the French Open are pressing ahead with a spectators, despite the increase in cases there so who knows.

I’m waiting with interest to see outcome of Blackburn’s request for our game to be a test event, as will give an indication of current thinking..

I think the club were absolutely right to sell season tickets. No one yet knows how this will play out for football clubs but think we were incredibly to be able to take advantage of a desirable selling situation we were in, with anyone who has got a season ticket knowing the risks and also sitting on a potential golden ticket!

• I tend to agree with @aloysius that the logistical problems and potential risks means that (on reducing Covid-19 infection basis) it would be sensible for the government not to allow significant numbers of spectators into sporting events any time soon.

So I’m looking forward to getting back to Adams Park very soon.

For anyone interested, this is how they plan to manage attendance at Doncaster Racecourse this week:

“Ensuring there is no entrance for people from geographical areas with Coronavirus restrictions

The council will work with Public Health England to secure and supply postcodes to the racecourse of areas in lockdown. The racecourse will then tell people who are unable to attend that their ticket has been cancelled and refunded or transferred. The current ticketing information shows half of racegoers are from Doncaster, 25 per cent from South Yorkshire, 20 per cent from Yorkshire and five per cent from elsewhere”

• I knew what I was getting into so I'm happy enough with the pass but I sympathise with those who have coughed up for.multiple tickets.

• I am one that paid for 3 season tickets. 3 IFollow passes are not a lot of use in my household as I am the only one who has an IFollow pass and we can only use one device to watch/listen in.
    Would I be correct in thinking that if I am an IFollow subscriber, I could purchase a match pass for a tenner even if I am not a season ticket holder?

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    I am one that paid for 3 season tickets. 3 IFollow passes are not a lot of use in my household as I am the only one who has an IFollow pass and we can only use one device to watch/listen in.
    Would I be correct in thinking that if I am an IFollow subscriber, I could purchase a match pass for a tenner even if I am not a season ticket holder?

Not even a subscriber. Just someone with an account or who sets an account up ten mins before yes.

• Are the club still offering refunds?

• @DJWYC14 said:
    Are the club still offering refunds?

They are, but my understanding is very confused at this point? Not sure if a refund is offered if you use the free pass? Ben in the office wasn't sure and nobody else that would know was available when I called in yesterday to pay my last instalment of the season tickets. ?

• edited September 2020

Do post as soon as email codes arrive in case I've been missed off! That really is 'missed' and not auto-correct from 'p' to 'm'!??.

• The link to the basic pass gives a 404 error.

I have an account it seems but it shows no subscription.

I’m not sure I’ve grasped what is required or how to do it.

• I got a 404 error as well @Lloyd2084.

• No email for me yet...hopefully you will all have sorted out the problems by the time they get to the 'W's.

• Update. I seem to be in and ready for Saturday. Fingers crossed.

• FmGFmG
    edited September 2020

@DJWYC14 said:
    Are the club still offering refunds?

I don't see how they can't offer refunds. An option for a refund was part of the (updated) terms offered when they put season tickets on offer so can't imagine a way out of offering refunds now

• Had my email through this afternoon