Skip to content

Comments

• edited September 2020

Should be able to see us on the telly!

• I'm surprised we're allowed the yellow on the keeper's kit

• Thanks for the preview @chairboyscentral

If anyone has a NowTV pass I could ‘borrow’ for a day I’d appreciate it!

• Ps has the fans charter that said we always play in our quartered blue kit wherever possible been ditched?

• Excellent preview as usual @chairboyscentral and (inevitably, given the current complexities affecting team selection) more than usually thought-provoking.

I hadn’t registered that Ivan Toney* had signed for Brentford - nor did I realise just how prolific he’d been. If he and Tafazolli both play, that will be an interesting confrontation!

Have seen your post re kit. Wonderfully colourful.

• Instantaneousness and inventivity. Wow!
  • @eric_plant it's still on the website saying we should always be wearing our home kit, unless there is a clash

• Does anyone know if there will be VAR tomorrow? Struggling to find out for sure, but it's in use in the League Cup at stadiums 'with the capabilities' to have it.

• @eric_plant said:
    Ps has the fans charter that said we always play in our quartered blue kit wherever possible been ditched?

Is it possible to play in it though? We've seen one of the new first team shirts in a photo but that may well be a prototype. Nothing about the third shirt yet either. I wouldn't be entirely surprised if we kicked off against Rotherham in mango as well.

• I was expecting @EddieMonsoon to surface, thoroughly outraged, about that.

• It is very disappointing that in our first game as a Championship club, on tv no less, we've sacrificed our distinctive, instantly recognizable kit for one that makes us look like half the football league.

• Our navy socks would clash with Brentford's black

• There’s at least one physical shirt, it was in the pictures when we signed Hogan and Tafazolli. I do suspect the problem is one of supply rather than philosophy.

• Has Alsopp played much pre-season?

If not who is currently second choice.

• Trust me Del Boy, I have it on very good authority that the new kit only arrived yesterday! maybe we had to register the kit colours with the EFL before they arrived?
    Not stating that as fact, but more in perhaps as a bit of a defence to the club.

• It's (at least in part) because of the colour clash. It was a choice of home shirt and shorts with away socks, or the full away kit.

• Speaking of socks, Walsall’s are inexplicable.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    It's (at least in part) because of the colour clash. It was a choice of home shirt and shorts with away socks, or the full away kit.

Surely there is an alternative light blue short/sock option for such clashes? Ridiculous if not.

• @floyd What colour are they?

• @thecatwwfc said:

@chairboyscentral said:
    It's (at least in part) because of the colour clash. It was a choice of home shirt and shorts with away socks, or the full away kit.

Surely there is an alternative light blue short/sock option for such clashes? Ridiculous if not.

I assume there will be - quite a few Championship teams play in black socks - maybe we just haven't got them yet.

• edited September 2020

Bournemouth, Brentford and Watford are the three teams with which we'll have a sock clash but not a shirt clash - so I guess there are either light blue socks to come or we'll just wear the away v Bournemouth and Brentford and the third v Watford.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    @floyd What colour are they?

Green socks and green trim. They look like Wales.

• @floyd Oh yeah! Nice kit in fairness.

• @floyd said:
    Speaking of socks, Walsall’s are inexplicable.

I liked them !

• Not bad at all, just looked the order from said WAL and the supplier assumed it was Wales!

Couple of interesting results for our fellow Championship sides today, and next weeks opponents Rotherham lost on penalties to Salford