Skip to content

3 signings today

Comments

• Starting to see real competition for first team places building in certain positions now. If everyone is fit then you’ve certainly got at least a right back, centre back and winger left out each week that would consider themselves starting 11 material.

I’m sure we will see at least one central midfielder come in, plus cover at left back. And then maybe one or two loanees.

• Horgan replaces and improves on Smyth.
    Fred fit is like a new signing too.
    One more striker, a left back and perhaps another striker?
    Could do with Oforborh too as cover/alternative for Gape, Thompson, Blooms.
    Think we a are a little light on creativity still. Relying on Freeman coming good.

• *only one striker. Typo/lack of concentration.

• I wonder if Wheeler will play a more central ole this year? Or perhaps we’ll try Kashket in the creative midfield role.

• Kashket????

Steady on old chap

• low centre of gravity, good first touch, barely-there shinpads...it could work!

• Kashket is the reason we don’t need Messi

• The player who I feel may improve dramatically is Pattison - he really likes a good run at a defence, and it would be nice having a ball carrier who keeps the opposition off balance.

Either way, our defensive business has been especially great so far, with four central defender options (including Jason) and fantastic right back cover.

I'm really looking forward to a couple of permanents and some (hopefully) sparkling loanees. We are building off a very decent platform now!

• Just me expecting Josh Parker to be an unlikely success story this season then

• Interesting there are shouts for more strikers. I know a twenty goal striker is the Holy Grail (does this work ?) but I think we have plenty of options now.
    Maybe a left back to cover JJ and then its just the midfield to add to.

• Karacan/Ofoborh and some quality loans wherever we can get them now

• @bookertease said:
    Just me expecting Josh Parker to be an unlikely success story this season then

He certainly is not lacking in self-belief, based on the book!

• @bookertease said:
    Just me expecting Josh Parker to be an unlikely success story this season then

Someone will surprise us and become a key player this season.

Parker has it all to do though. Competing with Uche, Bayo, Samuel, Kashket up front, and amongst Fred, Wheeler, Horgan. If I haven't forgotten someone, which I usually do!

• Looks like it’ll be a little while before we see Bayo. I thought Parker was playing a much deeper role in the West Ham friendly, but that could have just been due to the nature of the game.

• Do we think these new signings will help us stay up? Over the last 15 years, the average points to stay up in Championship is 47. An average of a point per game at least. Need a few more through the door to give us more hope.

• @Shev said:
    The player who I feel may improve dramatically is Pattison - he really likes a good run at a defence, and it would be nice having a ball carrier who keeps the opposition off balance.

Either way, our defensive business has been especially great so far, with four central defender options (including Jason) and fantastic right back cover.

I'm really looking forward to a couple of permanents and some (hopefully) sparkling loanees. We are building off a very decent platform now!

My viewing of Pattison is that he is fully wycombised. Ie hard working, selfless, more than the sum of his parts in a team that understands him. I'm not disparaging that considering that thus philosophy is what has got us where we are, but I wonder whether we might need a little on top of that now we have gone up a league. That said, if Oforborh is not available for whatever reason (Bournemouth recognising he is dece) then Pattison is not a bad option to have by any means. Plus, clearly a top bloke and a good player.

• A good days business by all accounts. Onwards and upwards

• Ofoborh is very special and it would be quite a coup to get him back on loan.

• A tweet on the official,site says “ pleased with the business so far” does that suggest more to come?

• Apparently paid 500k for Tafazolli....

• Surely not.

• @thecatwwfc said:
    Apparently paid 500k for Tafazolli....

Richie tell you that?

• @thecatwwfc said:
    Apparently paid 500k for Tafazolli....

Yeah, and £1.75m for Horgan apparently ?

• Nonsense numbers

• edited September 2020

Tafazolli's market value is around 500,000 according to Transfermarkt but no way he went for that - especially as there was probably a relegation clause? Have seen the Horgan fee rumoured to be 150-200 but no idea how credible that rumour is.

• The £1.75m figure was from the ever reliable cough wiki entry, which has since been edited

The fact we are now able to pay any fee for any player is a huge step from where we were a year ago but the 500K and 1.75m are just ridiculous figures

• Not sure I believe it myself. Just what I heard.

• The BBC transfers page claims we didn't pay anything for the three players.

• I think the club have said undisclosed fee for Macca and Horgan. Not sure about Ikpeazu

• Would assume we paid a small fee for Uche, he still had two years left on his Hearts contract.