Skip to content

2020-21 odds in

Champions 500-1
Promotion 50-1
Top six - 16-1
Top half - 6-1

Survival odds not yet in (waiting for Derby ?)

Anything you fancy?

Comments

• Well we are bottom of all of those tables so will surely be the hot favorite for relegation? Time to show them...

• I'll be off to the bookies tomorrow to put £2,000 on us to win the Championship. The easiest way to become a millionaire!

• Maybe too greedy...stick it all on promotion

• Interesting only 6/1 to finish in the top half never seen a poor bookie. I had a fiver to get promoted this season at 20/1. So I might have a little dabble
    . .

• edited August 2020

Relegation odds now becoming available. Unsurprisingly perhaps we are favourites for relegation. Odds on at 4/5 suggesting that bookies reckon we have a roughly 50% chance of survival. With my eeyore hat on, that feels quite generous actually.

Rotherham plus Sheff Wed and Derby (with their actual and proposed points deductions) next in list

• Bookies take bets based on where they think the money is going to come in, so they need to make the odds unfavorable enough to avoid paying out a deluge of money, should we be relegated, while still taking enough bets in case we don't.

Either way, being favoured for relegation has been good to us lately!

• What's the odds on us getting promoted?

• Ignore me, just seen it above.

• Drcongo never say never. Look at this season. Still Dreaming.

• @Shev said:
    Bookies take bets based on where they think the money is going to come in, so they need to make the odds unfavorable enough to avoid paying out a deluge of money, should we be relegated, while still taking enough bets in case we don't.

Either way, being favoured for relegation has been good to us lately!

This is somewhat true, but most will also have a “not to be relegated” market and the odds have to correlate.

• Any truth in Reading being relegated due to this?

• That is astonishing. Is it an official video?

• edited August 2020

Actually, looks like it's from 5 years ago.

• I've got a score on us getting promoted at 66-1

• Sporting index has now released its points spread for 20-21. They have a mid-point for us of 46 points - a little higher than I expected them to pitch. No surprises we are the underdogs. Luton second bottom on points earned though Sheff Wed would also go down with their penalty. https://www.sportingindex.com/spread-betting/football/uk-domestic-championship/group_a.87478b13-96e1-4d78-bd0a-9bd4d72ca4c3/championship-points-2020-21.

Stoke seem very high to me.

• You'd have to be.

• @mooneyman said:
    I'll be off to the bookies tomorrow to put £2,000 on us to win the Championship. The easiest way to become a millionaire!

Or a billionaire lol