Skip to content

Face In The Crowd?

edited July 2020 in Football

Did anyone else on here get their boat race put onto one of those corrugated plastic shapes in the Beechdean?

Smashing initiative, especially the crowd funding to get the images of late players, fans and officials included.

I ordered 2no. on the 29th June - 2 days before the deadline - but try as I might, I couldn't see either of my cut outs amongst the others on any of the pre-match images and video on social media, nor on the Sky Sports game footage.

Anyone else in the same boat? I have emailed the club to see if I am going blind, or whether a genuine mishap has taken place.

All seems pretty irrelevant in the greater landscape of things, at such a joyous time for the club; but I feel a bit short changed of £50! Especially as I have just received the Certificate of Authenticity for them via email to rub salt into the wounds!

Comments

• I have the same issue. I bought one for my little daughter, and never saw a photo of it. I guess we are supposed to assume any not in the photos arrived in the late batch on the day, but it is a little disappointing.

• Thanks @chairboyscentral - id been monitoring the website but must have missed that article!

‘Prominent position’ - interesting. Maybe I’ll get a run around for 5 minutes at the end!

• Anyone know whether the club has made further contact about reuniting us with our cut outs?

Last I saw was that fans would be given the choice to further extend their appearance in the stands for the 20/21 season or have them signed by the playing staff and available for collection.

• From what I've seen they're not getting rid of any of them. I know some people have had them signed and gone and collected them - would get in touch if you want that. Or leave it and pick up when you're back around AP. Would guess they'll continue to display the ones they have left whilst fans aren't around.

• @leeronhagg I got an email from the club last week asking what I’d like to do. It might be worth checking your junk folder.

• I got into such a state when trying to order on line and not being able to “work” the ‘take photograph’ bit that I am almost certain that no polypropylene was used in return for my £25. If the money had gone to the club I wouldn’t have worried (and of course the club may have had their cut). I did ask someone at AP if they had any record of it but their search was apparently inconclusive.

I sent an email to the suppliers (Data Image UK) on 5 August seeking clarification of whether or not a cutout had been dispatched to Adams Park but have had no response. The company employs fewer than 100 staff so I imagine they have been inundated.

• We'll just have to accept that it's not possible to recreate an @micra!?

• They created Dolly the Sheep, so why not a @micra clone?

• Baah, baah @micra? Never!??

• Thanks all. I’ve elected to collect and hopefully it will be signed. The email was in junk as suggested!