Skip to content

Third kit

edited August 2020 in Football

The new third choice kit was supposed to be released "later this month" a couple of weeks ago ... Well we can't get any later in the month than today....

Comments

• Why do we need a 3rd kit? With the yellow and the quarters we have no clashes with any one in the Championship.

• @Fit2drop said:
    Why do we need a 3rd kit? With the yellow and the quarters we have no clashes with any one in the Championship.

FA cup & League cup?

• We don't, but it's extra £££ for the club and gives us a choice of which one to wear away.

• If it's nice it will be a good bit of fun, but I agree with @Fit2drop on the potential overkill.

I went through the Championship and by my reckoning we will wear the quarters 37 games out the the 46. We already know that we should wear the quarters against Brentford in the League Cup, so that leaves 9 league games and then maybe FA Cup and future League Cup ties (if we beat Brentford), for two kits.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    We don't, but it's extra £££ for the club and gives us a choice of which one to wear away. Every time there i an end of season sale there is always a lot of 3rd type kit. Make the quarters a little cheaper you will sell more of you know it will be worn whenever possible, more profit in the long run. With sizing a lottery stocking a 3rd shirt is surely a tricky task.

• Quarters when ever possible, end off.

• We will wear the quarters unless there's a colour clash - apart from the Samaritans game with Rochdale, which I hope we do again.

• I'm hoping the 3rd kit is an absolute abomination

No excuse for it to be anything but

• I actually don’t mind the idea of third kit. As long as we wear the blue and blue whenever possible then mixing up the change kits seems OK to me, especially if it allows us to have some whacky designs.

• Anybody else got a sneaky feeling it will be red and white quarters with the same design as the new home kit?

• @eric_plant said:
    I'm hoping the 3rd kit is an absolute abomination

No excuse for it to be anything but

I would much prefer an abomination of a kit also. Perhaps something based on the Louisiana flag.

• Having read this article, having a 3rd kit seems a good thing. I imagine our Home kit is fairly distinct, whereas the Mango kit may well be problematic in some cases. Ex Loanee Nicholas Bignall is also referenced.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53986570

• Not sure if anyone saw....red and white quarters with cherry red records as sponsor

• @thecatwwfc said:
    Not sure if anyone saw....red and white quarters with cherry red records as sponsor

Yes, a strange way to give it away! Though perhaps deliberate on PC's part.

• @Fit2drop said:
    Quarters when ever possible, end off.

There was a programme on TV the other evening about just such an operation.

• @Shev said:

@thecatwwfc said:
    Not sure if anyone saw....red and white quarters with cherry red records as sponsor

Yes, a strange way to give it away! Though perhaps deliberate on PC's part.

I just presumed i'd missed the launch, not being one of these fans who salivates over every tweet/website update or fb message within 2 seconds of it being posted :)

• Such an odd way to launch the kit and strangely about Pete Couhig rather than the players.

I don't like this style of marketing but it is done. I suppose I am going to have to get used to a different style.

• Yes, three portly middle-aged men showing slivers of the new shirt under suit jackets isn't exactly the most stylish launch possible... Though maybe they're playing to the key marketing demographic :D

• I thought it was classless

Who were the other two models?

• @aloysius said:
    Yes, three portly middle-aged men showing slivers of the new shirt under suit jackets isn't exactly the most stylish launch possible... Though maybe they're playing to the key marketing demographic :D

Should have got 3 of the finest from the terrace to model instead.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    I thought it was classless

Guys from Cherry Red Records.

I thought it was classless

Not in a good mood today Righty?

• What would a classy 3rd kit launch look like? Black tie and red carpet? A cheese and pineapple hedgehog?

Such an odd way to launch the kit and strangely about Pete Couhig rather than the players.

I don't like this style of marketing but it is done. I suppose I am going to have to get used to a different style.

I agree. And I'm going to go against the grain on this one. Whilst it's great to see the players and manager celebrating our recent success, the one thing that really grated was seeing the Couhigs front and centre. Now... I don't begrudge them being there, and their involvement has helped the club no end. However, the bit that grates is that they haven't sat on a coach for 6 hours to see us lose by a goal at Hartlepool, stood in the rain at the Manor Ground. They don't really know what it means to support our club, and yet they've been there to witness the best of it, as they have more money that you or I. I've got no doubt it's an unpopular opinion, and I'll get shouted down, but it doesn't sit right with me

• I think that's pretty disrespectful. Pete remained more than 4,500 miles away from home, in a different country, during a global pandemic, to dedicate himself to the club. He's absolutely embraced it and watches most games with the fans.

• Yes, but you'll also find countless examples to people with far less to gain, who have far less, that have given equal or more. I don't mind Pete, however it grates that he's heard of this club for about a year and gets given a role by his uncle, and is now front and centre of all things Wycombe

• Totally agree with @chairboyscentral . Pete Couhig has been away from his family for months to ensure our club survives during the epidemic. So tor @Tom to say he doesn’t understand what it’s like to support our club , is absolute nonsense. Just think where we’d be without the Couhigs.

• edited September 2020

I'd be amazed if someone as knowledgeable about football as Pete had only heard of us for about a year...