Skip to content

Friendly v Chesham United

Friday 11th September so only a day before the season starts. Advertised as a 'Wycombe Wanderers XI' so must be a chance to see some of the potential B Team trialists in action.

Attendance limited to 600. Our last friendly there in 2018 had an announced attendance of 762 so imagine there will be some sort of advance ticketing arrangement.

Comments

• Chesham is my favourite local non-league ground, so i'm glad some will be able to attend.

It's also five days after our season starts.

• We'll have to get cracking on with the recruitment to have a chance of getting an x1 for that game surely?

Needless to say we can't risk anyone who has even the remotest chance of being in the 18 the next day, surely?!

• We might able to stretch to a Wycombe Wanderers VII? That's the minimum needed to play a game...

• Without raising any idea that I'm slating non league etc, but we'd probably be able to field David Waites and any other backroom/hangers on in this one too, wouldn't we?

• I'm sure we could, but would surely defeat the point of arranging the fixture.

Having appointed a specific B team manager it would be pretty unlikely to give him a squad featuring the first team conditioning coach!

• edited August 2020

@Croider said:
    I'm sure we could, but would surely defeat the point of arranging the fixture.

Having appointed a specific B team manager it would be pretty unlikely to give him a squad featuring the first team conditioning coach!

So, we basically need to sign about a player a day to have a B team, presuming Phillips is it at the moment?

• edited August 2020

@Malone said:

@Croider said:
    I'm sure we could, but would surely defeat the point of arranging the fixture.

So, we basically need to sign about a player a day to have a B team, presuming Phillips is it at the moment?

+Yates

• Post from the Chesham United chairman,
    With regards to friendlies, I am delighted to say that we now have a match lined up against a Wycombe Wanderers XI on Friday 11th September, replacing the game originally planned against Banbury, where we expect there will be a high demand from local football fans to attend. At that time we will still be operating to a limited capacity, probably 600, so we are currently in discussion as to how best to manage operations for the game, including potentially having tickets available in advance – As soon as we have more details, we will let you know.