Skip to content

On the telly AGAIN - Swansea (H), Sat 26th Sep

edited August 2020 in Football

Comments

• Selected ahead of Watford - Luton. Incredible scenes.

• Worth searching Watford v Luton on Twitter right now. Expect a run on blood pressure pills in Herts and Beds.

• A few 'upsets' from us against big teams on the telly will light the blue touch paper for our local 'big teams' to be sure. The whole nation will be able to watch us getting everything from the officials and the other team getting nothing.

• The Swan Cup?

• That makes five games out of six comedy games on TV. Remarkable. The great British (sorry, Worldwide) public will be getting to know Wycombe Wanderers quite well.

• Flippin’ ‘eck.
    Meant to say “That makes five out of six consecutive games on TV”. Freudian slip, perhaps.

• All very nice and exciting whilst we can't go. Home TV games are worth decent money aren't they?

• The opinion seems to be that Leeds had an unfair share of last seasons TV games (somewhere around 20). If the figure's I've seen are right, £100,000 for a home Saturday, £120,000 for a Sunday, £140,000 for a Thursday and £10,000 for an away, I hope we get that kind of coverage for the coffers!

• Doesn't every club take an equal share before the individual game fees are added on top?

• Just to check - if Swansea is a designated sky game, that sits outside of the ifollow agreement?

Unless the club can do what a couple of premier league clubs did, and arrange free passes for a day via now tv?

• @Malone said:
    Just to check - if Swansea is a designated sky game, that sits outside of the ifollow agreement?

Unless the club can do what a couple of premier league clubs did, and arrange free passes for a day via now tv?

While we are not allowed in aren't ST holders going to be given a free pass for iFollow for home games at least? Or was that another dream I had?

• @Wendoverman said:

@Malone said:
    Just to check - if Swansea is a designated sky game, that sits outside of the ifollow agreement?

While we are not allowed in aren't ST holders going to be given a free pass for iFollow for home games at least? Or was that another dream I had?

100% for the games Sky aren't showing as their live pick.
    But maybe not for the ones they are.

Unless i'm wrong on that last line.

• edited August 2020

https://www.efl.com/news/2020/august/all-sky-bet-efl-matches-available-on-tv-or-online/

No wait - i think we're fine

While it says this
    "Championship Clubs are able to stream any match not shown live on Sky to fans who purchase individual match passes for £10."

It also says
    In addition, Season Ticket holders will, under the newly agreed framework, be provided access to all HOME GAMES, subject to the agreement of the Club where the supporter holds a season ticket. In the Championship access to AWAY MIDWEEK matches will also be available as part of the season ticket package if Clubs choose to offer it.

• So basically, Luton fans have to pay for that game?

• v Watford? Must do.

Just hope clubs allow it so we can get midweek aways for free. But as long as they're available to watch, that's the main thing.

• Anyone who has been anti Sky Sports waivering now we have more coverage on the platform?

• I was indifferent but Mrs W got it as part of a package. Pleased now. At least it';s another enormous media conglomerate rather than Murdoch owned now.

• edited August 2020

Hoping they get a season pass out on Now TV like last year...

Then Tesco voucher the living day lights out of it

• @chairboyscentral said:
    Selected ahead of Watford - Luton. Incredible scenes.

Rich won't like that.

• Sky have to show at least 2 home games for every Championship club. Not wanting to be cynical but they typically get the ‘less fashionable’ ones out of the way early on.