Skip to content

Comments

• Excellent news! Welcome back Jason.

• Fantastic signing.

• Can play anywhere. Probably half decent in goal even.

• What a signing - great news!!!

• Heir apparent to Matt B as Mr Wycombe?

• Master Wycombe

• Great news. I wonder how often a player has signed 4 times (whether on loan or a permanent deal) for the same club?

• Got to love a returnee :)

• BRILLIANT

• I'm shocked! Great news indeed.

• Look forward to seeing Fred and Macca in combination again on the right. Didn’t see it enough last season but they can be very effective together going forward.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Grimmer play some games at centre back next season.

• Great news. Such a good signing.

Welcome back

• I seem to be the only one a little baffled by this.

Two first team quality right backs on three year deals and presumably first tam salaries. OK McCarthy can cover at CB but surely not his best position as perhaps it is his attacking qualities that stand out.

Better hope we don't get relegated?

• Great signing, really pleased we've got him back again! Covers a lot of different positions, provides quality and loves the club, so brilliant signing all round.

• @DevC said:
    I seem to be the only one a little baffled by this.

Two first team quality right backs on three year deals and presumably first tam salaries. OK McCarthy can cover at CB but surely not his best position as perhaps it is his attacking qualities that stand out.

Grimmer has already had one long term injury, could be prone to it happening again.

McCarthy can double up at centre back and maybe even right wing?

• @DevC said:

Would trust the Couhig’s have relegation clauses added. Pete has said the club are prepared to yo-yo.

• Would love to see McCarthy and Gape as deep-lying midfielders in a 4-2-3-1

• Doubtful whether Charles will be able to consistently play two games a week, therefore McCarthy is ideal cover for him and Stewart. Additionally I could see him playing as a CDM in the more difficult games.

• I wonder what the fee is?

• Excellent interview with Jason on the official site now. In answer to the Grimmer point, Jason emphasises his ability to play right across the back line

• edited August 2020

@mooneyman said:
    Doubtful whether Charles will be able to consistently play two games a week, therefore McCarthy is ideal cover for him and Stewart. Additionally I could see him playing as a CDM in the more difficult games.

I'll be very surprised if we don't bring in another centre-back. We know McCarthy can play there, but when was the last time he did? If it was last season then my memory's clearly just rubbish.

• Great signing, same as it has been each time we’ve signed him before.

• With 13 midweek games in the league it’s entirely plausible not many players will play all minutes on the pitch this season.
    The bigger clubs will have a major advantage.
    He’s the new Rhino for me, can see him playing a lot in midfield. Either central or on the right.

• Can't imagine he's on massive wages, didn't seem to be a queue to sign him, good to have cover, great bloke, well liked, easy decision

• Genuinely surprised, I didn't think it would happen.
    He clearly loves the club and has performed well for us, especially on loan as replacement for Grimmer last year. But I also thought Grimmer played so well that he made you forget about the loss of McCarthy. The dynamic between the two of them will be fascinating to see.
    I'll be very interesting to see how GA & Dobbo envisage the team setting up this season. Maybe McCarthy on the right of a midfield 3?

• @DevC said:

I would imagine you will continue to be the only one baffled by it.

It's a terrific signing. Very happy about it

• Very pleased to see this. Something special about a club you want to sign four times for!

• We are going to need quality defenders this season especially ones who can adapt to positional changes. Great resigning. Don’t forget we also have Fred. What is going on at Millwall.!!

• Excellent signing, can cover a whole host of positions, gives Gaz the option of playing 5 at the back even. Good age, 3 year deal looks good business to me as he clear,y loves it here

• @DevC really? Baffled? You should read the Gasroom more and get to a few more games. What a great signing! I suspect in the Championship if you have enough money to have more than one excellent player (who is also versatile) for a position available it is quite a good thing...especially if they have a resale value. Do you really think the club is not budgeting for possible relegation in all of its dealings? Players will also be aware of that. Having seen both play I'm really pleased Jack and Jason are both with the club. I also agree Macca's attacking attributes mean he could also do a job in midfield. Nice to see some continuity and the togetherness of the squad will help any new boys fit in.