Skip to content

Historical Kits

2»

Comments

• @RogertheBandito said:
    As much as I love the the club there is no way I would want to wear a shirt that advertises a small record company or average ice creams.

Why not a small record company? Cherry Red is the best sponsor we've had since Verco in my opinion, in terms of who they are and what they do.

• @RogertheBandito said:
    The plain kit from the early 1970's for me, it was a superb but simple and unfussy design, trouble is that all shirts now look hideous with the advertising logos on the front.

I treated myself to one of those at Christmas it's well smart.

• Wonder if we'll ever wear white shorts with the blue quarters (as we did in the semi-final at Alty), that was the normal combination prior to the 70s and I think it still looks good (so does @glasshalfempty apparently).

• Quarters and white shorts is my favourite combination, @NewburyWanderer, looks really classy. I always associate it with good performances and success.

• The quarters have got to go

• @OxfordBlue said:

@RogertheBandito said:
    As much as I love the the club there is no way I would want to wear a shirt that advertises a small record company or average ice creams.

Why not a small record company? Cherry Red is the best sponsor we've had since Verco in my opinion, in terms of who they are and what they do.

You have missed the point a bit there, its about looking like a total arse by wearing a shirt thats says "I like ice cream" or "I love Teds Sheds" etc etc

• Can't abide a collar. Would love to just keep to a standard quartered shirt, much like the 97-99 model, perhaps even reverting to the proper colours...

• If you need the correct colour reference:
    Pantone 282 = Oxford blue, Pantone 557 = Cambridge blue.

• Roger, hopefully Rebellion Brewery will sponsor the shirt next season.

• In which case I will gladly wear the shirt!

• Over or underneath the infamous crushed velvet jacket ??

• Crushed velvet will become high fashion again Mr Harps!
    Will you still be wearing your 1982 Leeds Utd kit ?

• If I grow into it !!

• Roger & Chas the new shirt sponsor seems to be sorted. (take note Mr Couhig) Sizing should be 1/2 pint, pint, Quart, Flagon, Yard & Pissed as a fart.

• Enjoyed looking at the kits from when I was a kid. Does anyone have pictures of the away kits?

I remember having a yellow one and red and black one but preferred getting the home kits.

• edited April 2020

@ryan_w_kirkby There are quite a few away shirts from the 90s and beyond here: https://www.oldfootballshirts.com/en/teams/w/wycombe-wanderers/old-wycombe-wanderers-football-shirts-t93.html

The red and black is cool, I assume it was based on the county colours?

• Thanks for that.

Pretty sure I had De Souza on the back of the black and red one.

Brings back happy childhood memories. Not that I'm that old!

• I like the idea of quartered shirts, white shorts and hoop striped socks

• Mouthwatering to see a collection of old shirts for sale here. The club would clean up selling a ‘retro’ range.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/324266848380

• Does anyone know (@chasharps?) why we changed kits halfway thru the 66/67 season?

• Weve done it a few times, 81/82 season started in the classic Adidas strip (my personal favourite)
    But were playing in the long sleeved Bukta Strip with in a few weeks.
    There is also a strip that we wore very few times with the most horrendous badge , it was worn in the 72/73 B&B win over Slough at Chesham.
    Their are photos of it.
    I wasnt born in 66/67, but Wanderers ran a reserve side then, and often wore a different kit to the first team.
    I suspect a new first team kit was purchased and then the former strip was handed down to the reserves.

• A little nod from Barcelona with their training kit this season:

https://images.app.goo.gl/hHCYb8F9DLkecRp59

• I may be alone in this but I think that's a heck of a lot nicer than our new kit. I could live with diagonal quarters in place of a barcode.

• Silly Barcelona. Wearing light and dark blue does not mean you will suddenly be able to play like Wycombe!

• Agreed those Catalonians wont be able to grasp the subtleties of 'Heffer Hoofer' over night.