Skip to content

Southampton

Stockdale in goal

Comments

• In goal for Wycombe that is!

• Wouldn't read too much in to it. Loves it here and needs somewhere to train while out of contract. Imagine we might offer him something if we have spare once rest of business is done. He's not an improvement on Rocky though.

• Somewhat enigmatic @Stewie63.

• @JohnBoy said:
    Wouldn't read too much in to it. Loves it here and needs somewhere to train while out of contract. Imagine we might offer him something if we have spare once rest of business is done. He's not an improvement on Rocky though.

I think plenty of people might disagree with you there if Stockdale has put in a protest effort to get fit again. if he can get back to even 75% of the keeper he was then he's a must sign

• It's naive to think it's just some mate's club and Stockdale is here for the giggles.

If he's training with us it'll be with a view to staying on.

• @Malone said:
    It's naive to think it's just some mate's club and Stockdale is here for the giggles.

If he's training with us it'll be with a view to staying on.

See Ben Frempah.

• The same Ben Frempah who now plays for Wingate & Finchley in the 7th tier...

• @chairboyscentral said:
    The same Ben Frempah who now plays for Wingate & Finchley in the 7th tier...

Your point being?

• @chairboyscentral said:

Ben Frempah signed for Ebsfleet Utd a couple of weeks back

• @JohnBoy said:

@chairboyscentral said:

Your point being?

Completely different calibre of player to Stockdale

• Not saying he isn't, but just because a player trains with us, doesn't mean it's with a view to sign.

• Not necessarily, but I'm not so sure he'd actually play in a friendly if it wasn't at least a possibility. Won't be surprised if he does sign, although I'm not expecting it.

• If Stockdale can get even vaguely fit and move a few decimals on that 30k a week he was apparently on, it'd surely be a superb addition.

• Nobody is going to give an overweight and out of condition keeper £30k per week.

Assuming Stockdale can get in some form of shape, then the standard Richie wage might just do it in the current financial climate. I hope he signs if his attitude is now back on track.

• I know it was a practice game, probably quite dull and there were trialists about and that, but a sort of match report on the website might have been nice...I'm sure they used to do it. 'Wycombe won 1-0 and these were the teams' was a bit lacklustre. Almost not worth wasting a page on.

• Thanks Steve...saw them just thought ours was a bit threadbare.