Skip to content

Fixtures 20/21

BSEBSE
edited August 2020 in Football

edited list taken from: https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/2020/august/championship-fixtures-revealed/

Rotherham United Home Sat Sept 12th

Blackburn Rovers Away Sat Sept 19th

Swansea City Home Sat Sept 26th

Luton Town Away Sat Oct 3rd

Millwall Home Sat Oct 17th

Reading Away Tue Oct 20th

Norwich City Away Sat Oct 24th

Watford Home Tue Oct 27th

Sheffield Wednesday Home Sat Oct 31st

Birmingham City Away Wed Nov 4th

Nottingham Forest Away Sat Nov 7th

Brentford Home Sat Nov 21st

Huddersfield Town Home Wed Nov 25th

Derby County Away Sat Nov 28th

Stoke City Home Wed Dec 2nd

Preston North End Away Sat Dec 5th

Barnsley Away Wed Dec 9th

Coventry City Home Sat Dec 12th

A.F.C. Bournemouth Away Tue Dec 15th

Queens Park Rangers Home Sat Dec 19th

Bristol City Away Sat Dec 26th

Cardiff City Home Tue Dec 29th

Middlesbrough Home Sat Jan 2nd

Queens Park Rangers Away Sat Jan 16th

Sheffield Wednesday Away Tue Jan 19th

Birmingham City Home Sat Jan 23rd

Brentford Away Sat Jan 30th

Nottingham Forest Home Sat Feb 6th

Huddersfield Town Away Sat Feb 13th

Derby County Home Tue Feb 16th

Millwall Away Sat Feb 20th

Reading Home Tue Feb 23rd

Norwich City Home Sat Feb 27th

Watford Away Wed Mar 3rd

Stoke City Away Sat Mar 6th

Preston North End Home Sat Mar 13th

Barnsley Home Wed Mar 17th

Coventry City Away Sat Mar 20th

Blackburn Rovers Home Fri Apr 2nd

Rotherham United Away Mon Apr 5th

Luton Town Home Sat Apr 10th

Swansea City Away Sat Apr 17th

Bristol City Home Wed Apr 21st

Cardiff City Away Sat Apr 24th

A.F.C. Bournemouth Home Sat May 1st

Middlesbrough Away Sat May 8th

Comments

• Just a note, you might need to edit that post as fixture lists as copywritered and shouldn't be copied. (at least in the past anyway).

A tricky run in at the end of the season....

• Could have done with some of those away games later in the season. Will be sad not to be able to be at Forest, Derby, Norwich, Birmingham to name but a few

• Blackburn as well. Tick off opportunity gone begging

• Not many gimmes on that list!

• BSEBSE
    edited August 2020

@Tom thanks for the heads-up was none the wiser as couldn't see a "©" anywhere on the page, edited it all the same :) , I was hoping for a home boxing day fixture this year! its been a while.

• Dare I say that the first six don't look too bad? Swansea probably the hardest game in there, but we have an opportunity to get some points on the board early on. And we're probably going to need to looking at the last five...

• Think we will clinch promotion at home to luton.....

• Sounds like some clubs are making plans to let away fans in as soon as grounds reopen - maybe we'll be lucky. Either way, at least we'll be able to watch in some way.

• Am i still in dreamland thinking we could get 7-8 points from the first six games?

• IF it ends up being the case that there are no away supporters until 2021 it will be a shame to miss Blackburn, Reading, Forest, Birmingham & Derby.

Also slightly irritating that we will have to wait until Oct 17 for a home game with any spectators.

Although a more optimistic outlook says that the final 6 fixtures look entertaining if we are anywhere near being in the mix to stay up. Local derby against Luton, Bournemouth will surely be competing for promotion come the penultimate game, plus some potentially superb away trips to Cardiff, Swansea and Middlesbrough. Just imagine going into the final day with something to play for and being able to make the trip up to 'boro.

As someone else has said, the opening fixtures don't look too bad. Luton, Rotherham and Millwall are the sort of games where I'd hope we'll pick up points.

There is a run of six games in March-April that could be key. 4 sides we've recently faced in League 1 and another two that you might expect to be mid-table. The final games after these are tough so we might need a good set of results here:

**Preston North End Home Sat Mar 13th

Barnsley Home Wed Mar 17th

Coventry City Away Sat Mar 20th

Blackburn Rovers Home Fri Apr 2nd

Rotherham United Away Mon Apr 5th

Luton Town Home Sat Apr 10th**

• We go in as slight underdogs in our opener against Rotherham - 7/4 against 31/20 for Rotherham.

• Can you edit the fixtures, on my iPad it shows for every home gave Wycombe v Rotherham etc, last year it just showed the team we were playing

• Any other team except Rotherham and I think we would have been guaranteed a televised opener.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    Sounds like some clubs are making plans to let away fans in as soon as grounds reopen - maybe we'll be lucky. Either way, at least we'll be able to watch in some way.

This sounds promising - any particular links or clubs talking this way?

Blackburn and Reading would be huge misses

• edited August 2020

@Malone Stevenage definitely, I'm sure there were others

• But if clubs with small grounds are looking at it, maybe that's a good sign for higher up the pyramid?

• https://www.stevenagefc.com/news/2020/august/season-tickets-202021-stevenage-football-club-sky-bet-league-two-efl-english-football-league-wednesday-19th-august-2020/

"It has not yet been decided whether to allow away fans into the South Stand and that decision will be made in due course."

Maybe I'm misinterpreting, but that reads to me like it'll be at each club's discretion.

• I’d really hope that the FL convene some sort of agreement between clubs whereby something like 10% of the tickets available must go to away supporters. It will make for a slightly more ‘normal’ experience if nothing else.

• I've looked all through the Championship fixture list, and I cant spot Headington/Oxford's name anywhere ? Have they changed there name yet again ?

• Could be a fun scramble for away tickets if clubs do allow a token 100-200

• @Glenactico said:
    I’d really hope that the FL convene some sort of agreement between clubs whereby something like 10% of the tickets available must go to away supporters. It will make for a slightly more ‘normal’ experience if nothing else.

Mad idea from a football and health stand point

Season ticket holders are the life blood of clubs, they should get priority over away fans

Encouraging large groups to travel between regions is definitely not a great idea in a pandemic

I love away days, went to every one from October or so last year and would do again this season in normal circumstances, but I just can't see it happen unless a Tory MP has a mate who sets up a specific away day bus company that all fans have to use

• Could it be possible to allow away fans to travel within a certain distance? Create bubbles of clubs, so to speak?

• edited August 2020

On the fixtures, I really hope we get in our loan signings and any other first team signings in ASAP and we don't have to wait till the season starts to pick up the leftovers, as we desperately need to start well looking at the fixture list.

• They need to decide if 25% of capacity is ok or not first. Or what the numbers are. Presumably this will have to be case by case depending on access to grounds as well as the ground layout itself?

• @Malone It's likely to be 20-30% and it well depend on layout - concourse width, toilet and kiosk configuration etc. - and I think how many other clubs are in the area - presumably with transport in mind, so probably only really a problem for London.

• 20/30% of our full capacity is 2,027/3,041
    20/30% of the licensed capacity is 1,889/2,834

Hopefully we'll be allowed to go off the full capacity. By the way, what is the reason it's limited? Someone did say and I can't remember.

• @Username said:

@Glenactico said:
    I’d really hope that the FL convene some sort of agreement between clubs whereby something like 10% of the tickets available must go to away supporters. It will make for a slightly more ‘normal’ experience if nothing else.

Season ticket holders are the life blood of clubs, they should get priority over away fans

Encouraging large groups to travel between regions is definitely not a great idea in a pandemic

I love away days, went to every one from October or so last year and would do again this season in normal circumstances, but I just can't see it happen unless a Tory MP has a mate who sets up a specific away day bus company that all fans have to use

I think 'mad' is a bit excessive. I agree that STH are crucial and we should not be sacrificing a huge number of them in order to accommodate away fans. However, having two sets of opposing fans in the stadium is also an important part of the overall experience in my view. Particularly in professional football in the UK where we have often have large away support at many games, even at the lower levels of the FL. We should be aiming to get as close as possible to normality in my opinion, and allowing a small number of away fans would be my preference.

With regards health, I'm not an expert on the spread of disease. However, the latest daily death total from Covid was 6. If we can't begin to return to some form of normality at this stage then when will we ever?

• edited August 2020

I suppose the thing is, haven't we got to this stage because of the measures we've all been taking? And for things to stay 'under control', we'll probably need to keep doing it. Quite a lot of countries are seeing spikes at the moment; maybe we'll be more pre-emptive this time.

The actual travelling could probably be done safely, and grounds would have to have measures in place, but you can't realistically stop away fans congregating in pubs before matches and whatnot - that's where the danger would lie.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    20/30% of our full capacity is 2,027/3,041
    20/30% of the licensed capacity is 1,889/2,834

Hopefully we'll be allowed to go off the full capacity. By the way, what is the reason it's limited? Someone did say and I can't remember.

I think it's a mixture of losing a bit of the capacity of the away end due to oxford or rovers fans(forget which) causing issues on a previous visit, plus access causing the overall capacity to be reduced.

Not sure how the couhigs would sort either one but getting the capacity we have maximised has to be near the top of any priority list.

And yes hopefully we do have at least the total of STH allowed in.
    It would have been interesting if they had told you what number you were when signing up..but i expect that would be dangerous if the club needed to tweak things on the quiet for whatever reason.

• @Glenactico said:

@Username said:

@Glenactico said:

I think 'mad' is a bit excessive. I agree that STH are crucial and we should not be sacrificing a huge number of them in order to accommodate away fans. However, having two sets of opposing fans in the stadium is also an important part of the overall experience in my view. Particularly in professional football in the UK where we have often have large away support at many games, even at the lower levels of the FL. We should be aiming to get as close as possible to normality in my opinion, and allowing a small number of away fans would be my preference.

With regards health, I'm not an expert on the spread of disease. However, the latest daily death total from Covid was 6. If we can't begin to return to some form of normality at this stage then when will we ever?

Yep. A small amount of away fans is surely no issue.
    You'd likely get a small number of home fans being exiles anyway.

Plus so many people seem to still be making long trips for holidays, so why not sport?
    It's not the distance travelled involved it's the physical distancing from people.