Skip to content

Comments

• This one was tougher than I thought...went for Tools in the end...ever present and a great season. Could have also have been Darius for a Lazarus like return to the pitch or JJ for scoring goals from corners. But these votes don't really mean anything do they?

• Pressed the button for JJ 200 times!

• JJ I think.

Charles and Stewart superb as well, but you can't beat an exquisite left foot set piece machine can you - who also very rarely got caught out defensively.

• Has to be one of Stewart, Charles or JJ. I went for Stewart, but either of the other 2 would be just as deserving

• All three were fantastic, but JJ's goals do it for me. Wish all three could win!

• Easy decision for me - Darius Charles

• JJ for me, for the goals straight from corners if nothing else!

• It is going to be close. Even though I voted for JJ, I have a feeling Stewart is going to win the Player's Player. Charles has waxed lyrical about him.

• Charles for me, part the comeback story, part we weren't great whenever he needed a rest

• Charles for me too. Disregarding the back story I just felt so much less worried when he played.

As an aside if Grimmer hadn’t got injured he would have probably been the mix with Darius, Stewart and JJ as well.

I just remember that run before Christmas when everyone we played barely got a shot on target against us. From memory it was something like 6 in 5 games or something daft like that

• The thing I hate about these close votes (like Thompson and McCarthy last year) is you want all the players involved to know how much they are appreciated. We just happened to have three absolutely stellar seasons, in addition to everyone else having a great season.

• edited August 2020

Oops, wrong thread

• Strange to think in a season we've been promoted that all the poty contenders are.defenders!

• I picked Charles too. The comeback story shades it for him over Stewart and JJ

• I went Charles just because I don’t think he had a single off-game all season, and was MoM contender every time he played.

• Think I remember just one slight error at home from Darius @drcongo. Does that mean I can scream for him to be dropped & shot out on loan to a National league club now?

• That’s enough for most of our fans.

• It did lead to a goal though, we were 2 up at the time .I can picture the scorer but for the life of me, I can't remember his name. An ex premier league player, (once of Everton I think), very short hair. Think we went on to win 3-1. Then again I could also be 1/2 pissed!

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    It did lead to a goal though, we were 2 up at the time .I can picture the scorer but for the life of me, I can't remember his name. An ex premier league player, (once of Everton I think), very short hair. Think we went on to win 3-1. Then again I could also be 1/2 pissed!

James Vaughan

• Darius Charles as he was immense after all the pain he's been through with his hip.

• Whoever misses out on the title out of JJ, Stewart and Charles can feel justifiably aggrieved, but the thing is, they won't - because this squad is something beyond special.

• @chairboyscentral said:

@EwanHoosaami said:
    It did lead to a goal though, we were 2 up at the time .I can picture the scorer but for the life of me, I can't remember his name. An ex premier league player, (once of Everton I think), very short hair. Think we went on to win 3-1. Then again I could also be 1/2 pissed!

James Vaughan

That's it thanks. What team did he play for please?

• edited August 2020

@EwanHoosaami Tranmere! Equalised after Charles effectively played him in - just about his only error of the season as you noted.

• I can forgive Darius the odd misjudgement as a result of that goal and celebration in front of the Mackem support at AP.

• I hope this is in the photo book

• @chairboyscentral said:
    @EwanHoosaami Tranmere! Equalised after Charles effectively played him in - just about his only error of the season as you noted.

Great thanks, senility is definitely becoming a feature in my life atm!

• What a great photo.

• Is the gentleman in the background signalling to Darius 1 nil?