Skip to content

Fans update

2»

Comments

• As I sit immediately behind @micra my biggest concern is that he may not have disinfected the goal celebration sweet wrappers thoroughly - especially as they will be distributed in great numbers this season.
    I shall also go to games with a 2m childs fishing net in order that said sweets can be obtained whist retaining social distancing.

• @NorsQuarters said:

@Ozzie_the_Relaxed said:
    Get the barcode tattooed on your wrist....

Or on the back of your #ChairboysNewKit perhaps

A summer only idea that one.

• Yeah, only half as good as first imagined, still reckon it would make the papers though.

• As I sit immediately in front of @Slaphead, my biggest concern is that he may poke me in the eye with his 2 meter rod as I swivel round bag in hand. But that is not the only reason why I plan to discontinue that rather lovely tradition.

A few seasons ago, when toffees featured quite prominently in the selection, I was rather taken aback when the guy who sits on @Slaphead’s right opened his mouth to reveal a sizeable gap in his front teeth - apparently as a result of chewing one of my toffees at the previous home game. Not sure who in their right mind chews toffees with their incisors but that’s beside the point. What, to our friend, was very much to the point was the fact that it had cost him over £200 for a replacement crown.

Another reason is the near impossibility at present of getting a dental appointment. Our daughter had to wait several days last week to get even an emergency appointment to have a badly infected and excruciatingly painful molar extracted.

Last but not least, I bet a few of us put on a few pounds during lockdown.

Almost forgot. @Slaphead’s concern about Covid infected wrappers is very real. I’ve seen how most blokes “wash” their hands in toilets and they definitely wouldn’t have time to sing two verses of Happy Birthday. The thought of their fingers rummaging in my confectionary bag is deterrent enough.

• Wish I had a two meter rod.

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    Could @micra get his tattoo bar code on his manhood and kill 2 birds with one stone? ?

@mooneyman said:
    He wouldn't be able to reach up to the scanner @EwanHoosaami!

You been peeping again @mooneyman ?!

• Timely synchronicity there @OxfordBlue .

• I was on my magnum opus plus mini post when you posted so hadn’t seen it.

• @micra Chewing sweets is risky enough with fillings, let alone if you have a crown.

I took a crown out with crunchy toffee once - madness even attempting to eat it!

• Chocolate eclairs have been responsible for the loss of ore fillings than I care to count

(But generally the inherent risk of eating one is worthwhile)

• @bookertease said:
    Chocolate eclairs have been responsible for the loss of ore fillings than I care to count

(But generally the inherent risk of eating one is worthwhile)

I lost a crown to a Cadbury’s Eclair. I’d avoided them since but got one in a selection box last Christmas I went with the tactic of almost sucking it out of existence before daring to chew. It was like playing Russian roulette.

• I know exactly what you mean @Lloyd2084. That feeling of success when the chocolate inside starts seeping through...

• For those who are still taking risks (!) Morrisons do very reasonably priced and (to me at least) perfectly palatable chocolate eclairs (and also chocolate caramels). But you guys are clearly connoisseurs so the place to go (possibly on-line only) is Home Bargains, currently advertising 6 x 420g packs of resealable bags of the Cadbury’s version for £11.94.

• Tut, tut @micra. Surely rods are measured in metres, not meters!

• Indeed they are @Cyclops. I used Neil Harman’s proofreader. Never again.

• ️⃣> @NorsQuarters said:

That would be a super publicity piece for us, season ticket and unique home shirt package with qr code!)

I thought the new shirt already had the QR code embedded on the back?

• Augmented reality in footie shirts is already out there. The numbers used from last season in the EPL already have it, by that I mean you point your phone camera at the numbers and it'll take you to a website (EPL in that particular case) etc. But the augmented reality is in the numbers and not the actual shirt. Would be cool though to have your ST embedded in the shirt, except for if it goes in the wash and gets torn up or something........

• It's not a QR code as the human eye cannot see anything when looking at the numbers.

• Except the numbers that is ?

• @micra said:
    As I sit immediately in front of @Slaphead, my biggest concern is that he may poke me in the eye with his 2 meter rod as I swivel round bag in hand. But that is not the only reason why I plan to discontinue that rather lovely tradition.

A few seasons ago, when toffees featured quite prominently in the selection, I was rather taken aback when the guy who sits on @Slaphead’s right opened his mouth to reveal a sizeable gap in his front teeth - apparently as a result of chewing one of my toffees at the previous home game. Not sure who in their right mind chews toffees with their incisors but that’s beside the point. What, to our friend, was very much to the point was the fact that it had cost him over £200 for a replacement crown.

Another reason is the near impossibility at present of getting a dental appointment. Our daughter had to wait several days last week to get even an emergency appointment to have a badly infected and excruciatingly painful molar extracted.

Last but not least, I bet a few of us put on a few pounds during lockdown.

Almost forgot. @Slaphead’s concern about Covid infected wrappers is very real. I’ve seen how most blokes “wash” their hands in toilets and they definitely wouldn’t have time to sing two verses of Happy Birthday. The thought of their fingers rummaging in my confectionary bag is deterrent enough.

If toffees are out of the question then the least I expect is that you come to games with a candy floss machine! Hope you are keeping well and hopefully not too long until we’re back at AP.