Skip to content

Carabao Cup Draw

Brentford away - couldn't be much harder.

Comments

• I think it will be the first game at their new stadium.

• I thought there was some sort of seeding, explaining why we always got a championship team in the last few years.

Odd to still get one now, and the toughest draw arguably!
    Oh well.

• Such a shame we won't be able to be there.

• The way the Sky presenters picked up on our game, I'd imagine it'll be one of the ones considered for broadcast. Derby v Barrow, Northampton v Cardiff and Newport v Swansea look tasty too.

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    The way the Sky presenters picked up on our game, I'd imagine it'll be one of the ones considered for broadcast. Derby v Barrow, Northampton v Cardiff and Newport v Swansea look tasty too.

Northampton v Cardiff tasty? Lockdown has been tough

• As far as League Cup first round ties go, yes. Decent chance of an upset. I'd rather watch that than some tedious all-Premier league tie any day.

• @Malone said:
    I thought there was some sort of seeding, explaining why we always got a championship team in the last few years.

Odd to still get one now, and the toughest draw arguably!
    Oh well.

No seeding but a North/South split to minimise travel for first round

• First match in a new stadium between play off final losers and play off final winners, sexy football vs direct, favourites for relegation from the Championship vs favourites for promotion? The broadcasters would be insane not to televise this one.

• Derby will be a likely choice, for Rooney, and ex-Prem Norwich at Luton I think too. QPR at Plymouth, Forest at Barnsley and Wednesday at Walsall perhaps, all ‘big’ clubs. Even Harrogate at Tranmere for something different.

• It'll be on I follow if not won't it?

• Let’s hope so @Malone. My ancient PC hadn’t been switched on since February so I’d better check that it’s still working. Have almost been wishing the TV would break down so that I could get one of them smart machines. Might struggle with the technology though.

• “....hasn’t been switched on.....”

• @Malone said:
    It'll be on I follow if not won't it?

Last season the EFL Cup was not included in iFollow, only the EFL Trophy, as far as cup competitions. Hopefully that changes - iFollow is an EFL product, after all!

• Either way, I am sick of Man City buying the League Cup. Everyone gets distracted thinking they care about the league, FA Cup, and Champions League, but this season showed what they are really interested in shelling out for.

• @Shev said:
    Either way, I am sick of Man City buying the League Cup. Everyone gets distracted thinking they care about the league, FA Cup, and Champions League, but this season showed what they are really interested in shelling out for.

Come on now.
    Pep's the greatest manager ever...as long as he has by far the biggest budget, and instantly inherits the best team in the league.
    You can't blame him for not winning the euro with City as he hasn't currently got 2-3 of either the best players in the world, or pure generational talents.

With them - who knows what he can achieve!

• And it was the mighty Lyon they were playing...not some run of the mill side from a poorer quality league.

• I think that’s a personal Gasroom record for me. 3 consecutive posts that made me laugh out loud. Thank you gents (and I know enough to confidentially assign your the male gender)

• Confidently?

• For crying out loud @micra.