Skip to content

Uche Ikpeazu signs

Any second now...

Comments

• How do we pronounce Ikpeazu? Three syllables or four?

• edited August 2020

@floyd said:
    How do we pronounce Ikpeazu? Three syllables or four?

Been trying to find myself. Assume it's Ick-pea-zoo?

• 4 I believe

Ik-Pay-Azz-Ooo

• No doubt what the song should be especially given that many in our league will mistakenly think we are called the choirboys.

Could the home end pull it off....

• Welcome Uche!

• @eric_plant said:
    4 I believe

Ik-Pay-Azz-Ooo

I thought 4 too, but I was going with Ik-pee-ay-zoo

• To complete the top five strongest players on FIFA, we just need to go out and get Wesley, Koulibaly and Lukaku.

• We need a commentator to confirm. @bluntphil (don't ask Scotty)

• I'm going to call him Chickpeas because that's the kind of guy I am.

• Just seen him pronouncing his name as....
    Oo-chee Ick-pea-zoo.
    No doubt his team mates will come up with a suitable nickname!

• Better phonetic is Ick-peea-zoo

• However he likes his name pronounced...if the players can provide the service he looks (admittedly only from his edited highlights) like a slightly more mobile Bayo. Could be a great signing.

• Soon to be known as Easy Peazy when he bangs in a hat-trick on his debut

• I notice from his showreel that he’s tall (obviously), fast and two footed.

• How about 'Big Pea' as an answer to Chicharito's Little Pea?

• Can feel the old "Oooo Terry Evans" chant coming back.

"Oooo-che Ik-peazu"

• Bit of an Uche coup.

• I wonder whether we have paid a fee or was he a free ? Three year deal is interesting in these challenging Financial Times.

• I am sure from what Pete Couhig has said previously that there will be relegation and promotion clauses in there to protect the club and reward the player

• Can you imagine the queue of people at Pete's door waving their contracts if we get promoted???

• Pleased with this. A proper handful when we played Cambridge and offers both strength and mobility.

Was he out of contract at Hearts?

• Hi Uche. Welcome to the club. Enjoy the ride. COUB.

• And Pete Couhig waving the Financial Times.

• @Glenactico said:
    Pleased with this. A proper handful when we played Cambridge and offers both strength and mobility.

Think he had a year left, but he had been there 2 seasons, so maybe not?

• Ainsworth almost everytime seems to get the best out of players, i think the baby beast is going to be a tremendous addition who will learn so much from bayo..... looking forward to seeing them line up together ?

• He had two years left at Hearts

• Can you just imagine defenders being knocked about by Ikpeazu* and Bayo* for 75mins then a double substitution for Kashkett and Wheeler to apply the killer goals.

• I know we (probably) won't play them together, but the thought makes me chuckle.

Good signing, I'm feeling. Can learn from Bayo, while being a mobile unit who scores with both feet and headers. We already know his attitude will be spot on. Can't wait for the next installment ...

• @EwanHoosaami said:

@Glenactico said:
    Pleased with this. A proper handful when we played Cambridge and offers both strength and mobility.

Think he had a year left, but he had been there 2 seasons, so maybe not?

Could have had a relegation release clause?

• All we are saying, is give Peaz a chance.