Skip to content

Comments

• Right, better get some players in. Live streaming while I'm supposed to be working sounds good.
    I know a lot of people can't be bothered with pre-season games as they are fairly meaningless but I've always enjoyed a visit to a small ground somewhere local usually quite cheap after several months with no games. Few newbies and trialists on show etc.

• edited August 2020

They have a friendly with Ipswich arranged for the same day, so I assume they'll send the reserves there as they'll want to give the first team a proper challenge.

• I wonder if we'll have any friendlies against a big club.

• @drcongo said:
    I wonder if we'll have any friendlies against a big club.

Our B-Team?

• I’m actually nostalgic for normal pre-season. A balmy summer evening with a pint outside a friendly local non league club house. A nod of recognition to familiar faces. For once no pressure on the result so a chance to relax look at shape, tactics, potential. One or two (or more) trialists to try and identify. Maybe next year eh.

• From West Ham site:

"David Moyes’ men will begin their programme of pre-season friendlies on Tuesday 25 August with a double header of away matches against EFL sides.

Moyes will split his squad with one team travelling to newly-promoted Championship side Wycombe Wanderers and one to League One Ipswich Town for their first tests. Both matches will kick-off simultaneously at 2pm."

• What a curious idea.

• @Malone said:
    What a curious idea.

Really curious to split a team and play two simultaneous matches. David Moyes won't be able to be at both games. Perhaps he is on holiday and won't be at either.

• @railwaysteve said:

@Malone said:
    What a curious idea.

Really curious to split a team and play two simultaneous matches. David Moyes won't be able to be at both games. Perhaps he is on holiday and won't be at either.

It really will be simply about fitness for them. Not working a system and lineup out for the first game.

• Quite a common thing now with these bottomless squads

• You wouldn't want to be selected for the game Moyes wasn't at though would you?

• Checking out some of their youngsters for season long loans perhaps ?