Skip to content

The teams that we will be playing next season

Comments

• @Username said:

Around 1/4 capacity , no away fans and no shouting or singing allowed from October 1st if things don't get any worse by the looks of things.

From a players, and possibly supporters, perspective I wonder if that’s worse than the current behind closed doors. Seeing some fans but still silence......

• Good luck to whoever has to enforce no shouting and singing. Don't they realise that venting at Trevor Kettle is an entirely involuntary reaction?

• Once things are open all bets are off...I cannot see stewards racing up and down the aisles when someone shouts something out to tell them off or remove them.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    Good luck to whoever has to enforce no shouting and singing. Don't they realise that venting at Trevor Kettle is an entirely involuntary reaction?

Exactly, if that is the advice, it's competely impractical. Either it'll lead to the immediate removal of hundreds of fans and likely a ban on any fans being allowed in, or more likely the govt will just ignore parts of the restrictions being flouted until it matters and there's an outbreak then they'll blame football clubs for not enforcing the mad rules.

• I'd like to see what the science says about shouting/singing outdoors at a distance.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    I'd like to see what the science says about shouting/singing outdoors at a distance.

From a psychological perspective, shouting “Fucking get in!” when Bayo/Fred/“young on loan striker having an astonishing season” bangs in the winner against a club too good to play us is as effective at improving wellbeing as an hour of mindful meditation.

• Are we supposed to sit in silence, maybe putting our hand up if we have a question for the ref?

• @StrongestTeam said:
    Are we supposed to sit in silence, maybe putting our hand up if we have a question for the ref?

Just the finger ;)

• All complaints and comments on the game should be delivered in writing to match officials with copies to the club within two days of the match...

• We should all learn British sign language, that and the addition of a few football sign expletives should solve the problem.

• edited August 2020

The return of the football rattle then ...

I'd post a picture but can't work out how to. Maybe someone with better IT skills can oblige.

• For Citeh & Arsenal they wont notice the difference, the places are often likened to libraries

• @Twizz said:
    The return of the football rattle then ...

I'd post a picture but can't work out how to. Maybe someone with better IT skills can oblige.

Against ground regulations

• Return of the wnkr wands! I still have a pristine set from a goody bag given to my son one season. Surely if facemasks are worn singing should be allowed.

• Oh god, not those things.

• does anybody remember a period in the late 80s and early 90s when co-ordinated clapping at games was a thing? Like chants, but just clapping. For the young folks, it was like that thing Iceland fans do, but significantly crapper. Or maybe I was dreaming?

I've got it pigeonholed mentally with that period when we used to do (or indeed, do-do-do-do-do-do-do-do) the Tom's Diner refrain. There must have been something in the water.

• I don't remember the clapping

Tom's Diner was quality though

• Draw for first round of League Cup at 10am next Tuesday

• And Drums. Lots of them.

• Bournemouth trouser another £18.5m from selling their keeper.

Rotherham are attempting to sign Jamal Blackman on loan.

• @mooneyman said:
    Bournemouth trouser another £18.5m from selling their keeper.

Rotherham are attempting to sign Jamal Blackman on loan.

Would be a shame to lose out to Rotherham if we were interested.

• Really thought we was gonna sign him.....

• Rotherham only have the one GK at the moment and he's a 36-year-old back-up who's only played three league games in three seasons. If Blackman is guaranteed the number 1 spot, that will sway it. Would still be a bit annoying from our point of view!

• Blackmans performance for Bristol Rovers at Adams Park last season, was not particularly impressive.

• edited August 2020

I can't remember, but that was only his fourth game back after 18 months out after breaking his leg. He is a proven Championship 'keeper - did very well at Sheffield United and I think Bielsa was lining him up as number 1 at Leeds just before that injury.

• Apart from that dodgy kick versus Tottenham, he was pretty outstanding for us

• @Malone said:
    Apart from that dodgy kick versus Tottenham, he was pretty outstanding for us

Ffs, I'd JUST got over that.

• I definitely dont think Rocky is championship standard, at times last season he wasn't league 1 standard.... then in the final he pulled off that save from dickie and got an assist for the penalty ?‍♂️what do i know

• Blackman would be an excellent signing, but I suspect we'll go for a loan keeper if we want a new "number 1"