Skip to content

New kit

Comments

• @ChasHarps said:
    This is the the finest quarters shirt, since they brought them back in 1990, still prefer it with white shorts though.

Surely not. Surprised at you. A man of history.

• @Glenactico said:
    Interesting that the club are saying order by Sunday to receive by mid to late Sept.

So the first batch may not be delivered until 2-3 weeks into the new season. Suggests O’Neill’s have screwed up somewhere. Possibly a Covid related backlog.

Probably just making them to order for now, which will take a bit of time?

Probably doesn't pay to gamble on what the demand is?

• @thedieharder said:
    Does anyone know what short/socks will go with the home and the away gk kit?

The shop has all he kit options:

https://www.wwfcshop.co.uk/product-category/kit/

• So much for a new signing announced by wearing the new shirt....

• Thanks @drcongo I remember that thread now. I always think of Cambridge blue as being somewhat lighter. Maybe it looks lighter when paired with white in the rugby shirt?

• @Alexo said:
    So much for a new signing announced by wearing the new shirt....

We're big time now. We don't need to "sell" things that are events in their own right with razzmatazz.

Hence selling those Playoff shirts first.
    Keeping this reveal totally separate once they've had a chance to sell well.

Reveal the players one by one too.

Or...we just haven't signed anyone. But we still have 3 weeks to the first game in the cup.

• @ChasHarps said:
    This is the the finest quarters shirt, since they brought them back in 1990, still prefer it with white shorts though.

I'm with you on that point @ChasHarps. White shorts & socks with blue turn downs, perfect.

• With Dreams only sponsoring the shorts on the third kit, and Cherry Red Records taking on that role on all other kits, can we expect Cherry Red to adorn the front of the soon to be announced kit? Possibly a beautiful Red and White number where the sponsor is more in keeping?

Or am I thinking into this too much and the club are still to finalise a deal for this sponsor...

• Just seen the explanation behind the delay in kit supply. O'neils couldn't produce until the deal with Dreams as the sponsor was signed & sealed. Obviously, the negotiations went on a bit too long, but now they will go into full production hence the eta mid to late September.

• It's a shame that for our first season where we can expect to get significant levels of TV coverage and a large audience of potential new admirers from around the world that we couldn't have gone for a truly traditional, no faffs shirt. I guess the effect of those barcodes is that, from a distance, the quarters will look like they're being sucked into each other. I prefer it to the current design, which is just too busy, but overall consider myself to be nonplussed. The new goalie shirt though is stunning, hopefully it will quickly be established as first choice. Shame not to see either kit in the image as a whole, with shorts and socks.

Hard to have a player reveal with a new shirt that currently only exists as a screenshot, @Malone, even if we have signed anyone!

• @aloysius said:
    It's a shame that for our first season where we can expect to get significant levels of TV coverage and a large audience of potential new admirers from around the world that we couldn't have gone for a truly traditional, no faffs shirt. I guess the effect of those barcodes is that, from a distance, the quarters will look like they're being sucked into each other. I prefer it to the current design, which is just too busy, but overall consider myself to be nonplussed. The new goalie shirt though is stunning, hopefully it will quickly be established as first choice. Shame not to see either kit in the image as a whole, with shorts and socks.

Hard to have a player reveal with a new shirt that currently only exists as a screenshot, @Malone, even if we have signed anyone!

Even with some computer wizardy? :)

• The away GK kit shorts and socks are purple, that's gonna be quite a sight!

• Not one single person involved in the process of designing this shirt has any knowledge of the heritage and history of our club. Or they simply didn’t give a shit.

All about the £45+ innit.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    The only slight downside to O'Neills is that the base shirt and the neckline have been exactly the same on all five of the shirts they've done for us so far.

...and still this continues into the new batch of shirts!

• edited August 2020

I'm wondering if maybe they don't offer their other templates outside Ireland. The wait for a collar goes on!

• @glasshalfempty said:
    Not one single person involved in the process of designing this shirt has any knowledge of the heritage and history of our club. Or they simply didn’t give a shit.

Never had a username been more apt.

• Alas no collar but I am quite keen. Having just been lured into getting the “playoff final” shirt I’ll keep my powder dry now until the spring when we win promotion and a cup in it. Although that keeper change kit is quite compelling. Wearing it I might be tempted join the illegal rave scene.

• @OxfordBlue said:

@glasshalfempty said:
    Not one single person involved in the process of designing this shirt has any knowledge of the heritage and history of our club. Or they simply didn’t give a shit.

Never had a username been more apt.

Not even "not even a glass there, he's so negative?"

• @glasshalfempty said:

You know we kept the quarters right?

• Apart from maintaining quarters, can't say I am as fussed about kits as some.

I quite liked the swan but I guess that was by necessity a one off. This one is OK but not memorable. Away kit whateverrrr. Home GK fine. Away one personally not my taste - feels like trying to hard to be different for the sake of it.

• @Manboobs said:
    Alas no collar but I am quite keen. Having just been lured into getting the “playoff final” shirt I’ll keep my powder dry now until the spring when we win promotion and a cup in it. Although that keeper change kit is quite compelling. Wearing it I might be tempted join the illegal rave scene.

Won't be able to hide from the feds in that

• @thedieharder said:

My thoughts exactly - this is not a KIT - this is a SHIRT

• @DevC said:
    Apart from maintaining quarters, can't say I am as fussed about kits as some.

I quite liked the swan but I guess that was by necessity a one off. This one is OK but not memorable. Away kit whateverrrr. Home GK fine. Away one personally not my taste - feels like trying to hard to be different for the sake of it.

No dig at all intended, but I presume you're in your 50-60s, and I imagine buying kits in that category is less common than others.

And again, no disrespect, but game goers are surely more likely to buy kits as well.

So it's fairly reasonable that you wouldn't be a kit fan as such.

• I don't buy a kit and as long as it looks like a Wycombe shirt I can usually live with whatever they put out, but I do actually like this one. I think it will sell well meself.

• I think this one would have looked nice with white shorts and "hooped" socks

• @thecatwwfc said:

@thedieharder said:

My thoughts exactly - this is not a KIT - this is a SHIRT

Black home, purple away, all here: https://www.wwfcshop.co.uk/

• As the first kits under new ownership, think they look pretty decent and a good job on getting Dreams back as a sponsor. Nicely designed shirts, happy that the quarters have been retained and I'm sure that they'll grow on people over time. Even if people didn't like the design of the swan kit, it will be forever linked with our most successful league season so far and will evoke fond memories for all fans going forward. Big fan of the GK shirts too!

• I liked the swan kit when it first came out and it grew on me even more the longer we wore it. I'm underwhelmed by this one, but also I haven't bought a shirt in about 20 years so I'm totally not the target audience. Hope it sells well enough to bring Ofoborh back.

• I quite like it, but I am not a football shirt wearer so like others on here i am not their target market.
    I did note on the clubs twitter feed that they are apparently flying out the webshop so that is promising,