Skip to content

New kit

Comments

• I like it

We've had far far worse than that. And it looks like they've got the navy blue right as well

• Ironically, I think Cherry Red would look better on this kit, and Dreams would have looked better with the swan. Oh well - still love it!

• Underwhelming, not ever going to be a classic, but at least they haven't butchered it.

• Away goalkeeper's kit is a thing of beauty..... home kit seems to get worse every release ?

• Not bad. Quite a clean design compared to last year’s textured look with the swan.

The colourful goalie kit is pretty wild ? I rather like it though. The crazier the better with keeper’s kits IMO

• i really like it.

• I'm loving the away keeper kit.... actually I think they should make it the main away kit.. get the keeper a different one !

• @Bacon_Sandwich said:
    ‪Barcode home kit. Why do we have to constantly put some extra artistic flair nonsense on it? ‬

Because if it always looked the same they wouldn’t sell as many.

• Looks good to me.

• Pretty boring. Looks like one of those rather uninspired fan-made ones. The sponsor looks better than last year, but that's the only thing. Much preferred last year's textured look.

I suppose boring and okay is better than offensively bad.

• Yeah, I quite like it. I find the cross effect interesting. Intentional, or just a by-product of the detail?

• One thing about kits is that I think the tend to generate more affection as they produce actual memories on the pitch. I like this one anyway, but knowing we will beat Derby 7-0 in it, makes me love it in advance that much more.

• There's so much mad going on in those images and I can't find colour space encoding in the png file so it's hard to say how far off the blues are, but a quick sample of the colours suggests the light blue is way out, with a Cie76 delta-e value of 16.6137. The dark blue is 10.2463, which is better, but not much. Anything 2 or under is pretty much indistinguishable to most people. Disappointed that they didn't try to get the colours right when "history looks good on us".

• It must be quarters - tick
    Then what else is needed without overloading it? Looks fine to me.

• The change keeper's top is in Mardi Gras colours (or colors if your from that neck of the woods), Purple is justice, Green is faith and Gold is power.

• I like it. Not too fussy. Looks smart

• edited August 2020

To think people thought the kit was going to be americanised or have up the wyc or be too jazzy.

Then they produce the most average looking kit for many a year.

Odd barcody stuff, sponsor a bit wordy (shame they can't just have Dreams - but i know they are paying before one of the gasroom snipe artists kicks in).

Loved last year's one. Loved the league two play off one. This looks a bit mid 2000s pedestrian.

Will no doubt buy one.
    Although tempted to get that insanely wacky goalie one instead!

• This is the the finest quarters shirt, since they brought them back in 1990, still prefer it with white shorts though.

• Does the QR code lead anywhere?

• Not sure why people are commenting in detail on the colour shades, based on the pictures. The pictures are just computer mock ups - the creases being exactly the same on the home and away kit pictures gives that away - and the actual colours on the manufactured kit will likely look different.

• The home shirt is meh, but I love the away GK kit. Hopefully they have photos soon, can't tell 100% how they look yet.

• @Uncle_T said:
    Not sure why people are commenting in detail on the colour shades, based on the pictures. The pictures are just computer mock ups - the creases being exactly the same on the home and away kit pictures gives that away - and the actual colours on the manufactured kit will likely look different.

I know a lot of people who work in fashion and sports kit production, and if you're sending mockups out to a client you make extra sure to get the colours right in the mockups. The fact that we only have mockups so far though gives me a tiny glimmer of hope that someone at the club reads this and says "Hey O'Neills, have we got time to put the actual correct colours on this thing before manufacture?"

• @drcongo Genuinely interested. Why do you say that is the “correct” shade of light blue? Surely “the colours of the Club shall be Oxford and Cambridge blue”? And Cambridge blue is a couple of shades lighter. For me, the last shirt with the right shades was the Vandanel one.

• Decent enough. Prefer it to it's predecessor. I tend to prefer kits without fuss, but that seems to be a thing of the past. As far as modern kits go, I'm fine with it.

• @OakwoodExile said:
    @drcongo Genuinely interested. Why do you say that is the “correct” shade of light blue? Surely “the colours of the Club shall be Oxford and Cambridge blue”? And Cambridge blue is a couple of shades lighter. For me, the last shirt with the right shades was the Vandanel one.

The Vandanel one was the closest we've come in years I think. A long time ago there was a lot of debate on here about the correct colours, so I researched it, results here: https://gasroom.org/discussion/comment/81164/#Comment_81164

• Interesting that the club are saying order by Sunday to receive by mid to late Sept.

So the first batch may not be delivered until 2-3 weeks into the new season. Suggests O’Neill’s have screwed up somewhere. Possibly a Covid related backlog.

• @OxfordBlue said:
    Underwhelming, not ever going to be a classic, but at least they haven't butchered it.

I agree, nothing to get excited about at all but at least it's still quarters.

• Does anyone know what short/socks will go with the home and the away gk kit?

• @OxfordBlue said:
    Does the QR code lead anywhere?

Rumour has it, that you can scan it as your season ticket