Skip to content

New kit

Comments

• @YorkExile said:
    I'm just looking forward to seeing Jason McCarthy emerging through the curtains in it...

...with Jordon Ibe on one shoulder and Jamal Blackman the other

• @Vital said:

@YorkExile said:
    I'm just looking forward to seeing Jason McCarthy emerging through the curtains in it...

...with Jordon Ibe on one shoulder and Jamal Blackman the other

As long as they don't rush Daniel Sturridges medical

• If it's not modelled by eight or nine new players of championship standard I will be most disappointed in our lack of ambition.

• It's blue quarters, I love it!

• @YorkExile said:
    I'm just looking forward to seeing Jason McCarthy emerging through the curtains in it, whatever it looks like. It seems a little too early to start passing judgement on the kit itself, based on that clip alone...

I was thinking exactly the same re McCarthy

• @Chris said:
    Not feeling hopeful on the basis of that clip, but maybe it’ll look better than I expect.

Yeah I'm slightly nervous from that very short look.

But let's see tomorrow.

• Possibly reading too much into it, but it says "Wycombe Wanderers 2020/21" at the end - so maybe just a one-season kit. I suppose it would make sense, having one solely for our first Championship season.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    Possibly reading too much into it, but it says "Wycombe Wanderers 2020/21" at the end - so maybe just a one-season kit. I suppose it would make sense, having one solely for our first Championship season.

Didn't Rob C only recently say we only change kits every 2 years though?
    To immediately change that would be odd.

• Yes and then we can have a new one for the Premiership season that 500,000 Worldwide Wanderers want to buy.

• @thecatwwfc said:
    Yes and then we can have a new one for the Premiership season that 500,000 Worldwide Wanderers want to buy.

It's been interesting seeing Wycombe highlighting randoms from far flung places who got into Wycombe because of Bayo.

With the extra championship exposure, and another season of Bayo, hopefully many more come on board.

• edited August 2020

@Malone said:

@chairboyscentral said:
    Possibly reading too much into it, but it says "Wycombe Wanderers 2020/21" at the end - so maybe just a one-season kit. I suppose it would make sense, having one solely for our first Championship season.

Didn't Rob C only recently say we only change kits every 2 years though?
    To immediately change that would be odd.

Right you are, home and away only allowed to change every two years. I looked this up yesterday as well, heat must be getting to me.

• I actually think this is going to be really nice. Interesting and creative without being tacky. Of course, they did not show that the entire back is going to be a stars and stripes, so I could be wrong...

• Will there be signings at unravelling??????? I hope for a minimum of 15 new faces tomorrow?

• From what Pete C said on the radio this morning there are a number of B team trialists training with the first team squad and Gareth & Dobbo are doing their usual due diligence including psychological profiling on targets

• It was really interesting to hear Pete C saying that revenues are almost double already now that we are a Championship side - that is really exciting for the future of the club

• I hope it doesn't unravel.

• Whatever it looks like, we won't have made as much of a meal of it as Exeter have of theirs. They seem unsure as to whether they play in stripes or not.

• edited August 2020

@drcongo said:
    I hope it doesn't unravel.

That would be Neil Harman's third book in the trilogy 'The Unravelling'.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    Whatever it looks like, we won't have made as much of a meal of it as Exeter have of theirs. They seem unsure as to whether they play in stripes or not.

It's alright until you get to the sponsor then it all goes to shit.

• There should be a hell circle in Dante’s inferno set aside purely for modern-day kit designers and their onanistic creations.

• That has to be one of the worst designs since our infamous "Smith kit"*

• @Shev said:
    Port Vale's kit is also, um...interesting.

https://www.port-vale.co.uk/news/2020/august/pvfc-home-kit-2020-21/

Well Phil Taylor is a Vale fan...

• Robbie Williams helped design it too. Surely this could lead to one of the most bizarre slogans in football kit history:

"Inspired by Phil Taylor, designed by Robbie Williams."

• I don't mind them, Brown has his best "this is nothing, have you heard of Baz Richardson" look on.

• edited August 2020

If I remember correctly, Vale were the first lower league team on FIFA - a good few years before they started including the full league's - as Robbie did the main song one year. Famous fans have their perks!

• Will the kit be available tomorrow, i.e is the club shop being stacked with it now? Im going to be purchasing one for youngest lad

• @bigred87 said:
    Will the kit be available tomorrow, i.e is the club shop being stacked with it now? Im going to be purchasing one for youngest lad

I’m sure I saw a tweet earlier that said it’ll be on pre-order from tomorrow.

• @Gary said:

@bigred87 said:
    Will the kit be available tomorrow, i.e is the club shop being stacked with it now? Im going to be purchasing one for youngest lad

I’m sure I saw a tweet earlier that said it’ll be on pre-order from tomorrow.

Thanks ?

• edited August 2020

@chairboyscentral said:
    Whatever it looks like, we won't have made as much of a meal of it as Exeter have of theirs. They seem unsure as to whether they play in stripes or not.

And the manufacturer and sponsor are currently being sued for trying to impersonate a Nike tick ?