Skip to content

New kit

Comments

• @Alexo said:

@StrongestTeam said:
    Love the current kit and you'd have to admit the swan, the Baz goalie shirts and the quick look at the new 3rd kit we got show they aren't wed to easy templates. I find it difficult to believe people are offering us more money and we are turning it down either so O'Neill's must work on that level too.

Quick look at the new third kit?

Pete Couhig apparently had it in the back of shot in a Chairboys live, someone asked him months later and he confirmed, multi coloured arm bits, someone can fish it out from his Twitter probably.

• @StrongestTeam said:

@Alexo said:

@StrongestTeam said:
    Love the current kit and you'd have to admit the swan, the Baz goalie shirts and the quick look at the new 3rd kit we got show they aren't wed to easy templates. I find it difficult to believe people are offering us more money and we are turning it down either so O'Neill's must work on that level too.

Quick look at the new third kit?

Pete Couhig apparently had it in the back of shot in a Chairboys live, someone asked him months later and he confirmed, multi coloured arm bits, someone can fish it out from his Twitter probably.

That was one of the GK kits. Hang on, I think I have the screenshot saved.

• edited August 2020

• I am the polar opposite @Chris I would much rather a collar. Helps keep the gregory warmer in the winter months.

• I’m with Ewan, the round neck shirts don’t look good on us oldies

• @chairboyscentral said:
    The only slight downside to O'Neills is that the base shirt and the neckline have been exactly the same on all five of the shirts they've done for us so far. This one is slightly different (also surprised about the three stripes as I thought that was an Adidas trademark):

O’Neills use the three stripes on the island of Ireland only, if you buy a ‘three stripe’ GAA kit online from anywhere outside Ireland, you get a ‘two stripe’ version sent to you.

The story goes that Adidas forgot Ireland when applying for the trademark. Not sure how true that is though.

• So my guess for the new kits would be that there will be a new Sponsor and that it will be a return of Verco. I'm basing this on the 'history looks great on us' comment in the video.

I think the positioning of the question marks on the black and grey kits are where sponsors will be, rather than a collar.

Probably way off the mark but that's my guess.

• @Ned_Ludd Thanks for that, never would have known!

• Interesting use of the third person singular, rather than plural, in that video snippet on the kit: "Wycombe is in the Championship". It's a point of a UK/US divide, of course when it comes to sports teams and the US is technically correct (which always grates).

But do you think the club is thinking we'll sell more shirts in the US than the UK? Or has @micra got in there with his grammarian dogma?

• I can't watch the video because it complains about my ad blockers. I'll wait.

• What I like about the Gasroom is that we can discuss obscure financial regulations, political and club intrigue, the history of the area and the club AND clothing design.

• @our_frank said:
    Interesting use of the third person singular, rather than plural, in that video snippet on the kit: "Wycombe is in the Championship". It's a point of a UK/US divide, of course when it comes to sports teams and the US is technically correct (which always grates).

But do you think the club is thinking we'll sell more shirts in the US than the UK? Or has @micra got in there with his grammarian dogma?

Isn't it just Bayo's quote from after the final?

• @drcongo said:

@YorkExile said:
    Hummel would be at the very top of my list if I could choose us a kit designer and manufacturer. They always just ooze class.

Rage Sport would be at the top of mine.

Haha, that might be fun for one or two seasons... not sure it has the longevity of a simple yet classy Hummel number though!

• I'm hoping the home kit is pure tradition, simple quarters and hopefully a return to the old badge> @chairboyscentral said:

@our_frank said:
    Interesting use of the third person singular, rather than plural, in that video snippet on the kit: "Wycombe is in the Championship". It's a point of a UK/US divide, of course when it comes to sports teams and the US is technically correct (which always grates).

Isn't it just Bayo's quote from after the final?

It is indeed. Poor old @our_frank might be struggling with the heat

• @Noodle_Noggin said:
    So my guess for the new kits would be that there will be a new Sponsor and that it will be a return of Verco. I'm basing this on the 'history looks great on us' comment in the video.

I think the positioning of the question marks on the black and grey kits are where sponsors will be, rather than a collar.

Probably way off the mark but that's my guess.

That was my immediate thought as well.

With regards to a collar, I was staunchly in favour as a youngster but now much prefer without. I also love the current kit to the extent that it was the first I had bought in the best part of a decade when I invested early this season.

• Our finest collar arrangement was the 94/95 shirt, which managed to have a badge inside the v-neck.

• I've got high hopes for the new kit. Pete Couhig seems to be a keen student of Wycombe's history and tradition

I just hope they manage to get the navy blue correct, rather than this weird purply shade we've had on this one

The 3rd kit of course is a template for complete anarchy. The more hideous the better in my view

• So it'll be Dreams as the main shirt sponsor

• Very happy with that tbh

• Sounds like they'll take over from Dormeo on the mango kit but we'll have a different sponsor on the third (says dreams will only be the 'back of shorts'/arse sponsor)?

• @chairboyscentral Aaaaah ... I was already worried about how much time Bayo was spending in the US. Poor show.

• Hoping we unveil a few players along with the kit.

Really like the current O'Neils effort so I'm looking forward to the update, generally the only major complaints I've heard have been supply, and sizing not going large enough - but with "modern" body hugging football shirts sizes above Xl should be illegal anyway to avoid looking like a poorly stuffed blue quartered sausage

• @chairboyscentral said:
    Sounds like they'll take over from Dormeo on the mango kit but we'll have a different sponsor on the third (says dreams will only be the 'back of shorts'/arse sponsor)?

I await the prestigious caption:

"Official Arse Sponsor: Dreams" in the matchday programme.

• 3rd kit is going to be red & white quarters ?

• Not sure I understand why a third kit is needed assuming first and second kit are significantly different colours. I suppose if people are happy to be parted from their money, no harm done.

Apart from quite liking the tequila sunrise second kit, cant say i am overly fussed what the second kit is either. Surely its just a way of solving a problem when kits clash.

Blue quarters surely compulsory for first kit though with the minimum twirly bits the marketeers demand to differentiate from old and therefore sell a few kits. Sponsor name just a necessary evil and largely irrelevant barring a few obvious no-nos?

• I would agree, @DevC, especially as we are a club who wears their home kit whenever possible, unlike many other clubs. This severely limits the amount of games in which we will wear any kind of change. I personally make it 37 games in the quarters and 9 in any change kit, next season.

• @WycombeWire said:
    3rd kit is going to be red & white quarters ?

If that is the case what odds CherryRed being the sponsor on that kit?

• edited August 2020

If you make a kit people like, they'll buy it regardless of how many times the team is likely to play in it. Makes sense to have a third one if it's done well.