Skip to content

Championship Fixture List ....

You must all be able to imagine what joy it was to write that - anyone know when the fixture list for our league will be out?

At least the first three games I reckon must be behind closed doors. Who would you want for those games? Thinking about it, the easier question is maybe who don't you want - I can't see a fixture that I want to miss.

So just for the fun of it I will be hoping for Derby at home first game (on TV), then Coventry away and Millwall at home, with the Boxing Day fixture being either Luton away or Norwich away for personal geographical reasons.

Comments

• I reckon there'll be at least one midweek game as well before we're allowed back in, so let's have Coventry, Rotherham, Barnsley and Huddersfield (with no disrespect to Yorkshire intended).

• Bournemouth away (on tv), then Rotherham home, followed by Luton away. Bournemouth because they are going to burn up this League, so its better to catch them early before their new players settle. Rotherham because its a winnable game as is Luton and we won't have to go to that shithole.

• Millwall away has to be in there for missable.

• @mooneyman said:
    Bournemouth away (on tv), then Rotherham home, followed by Luton away. Bournemouth because they are going to burn up this League, so its better to catch them early before their new players settle. Rotherham because its a winnable game as is Luton and we won't have to go to that shithole.

9 points then and top of the league, if we put a handful past one of them!

• Am I the only one who looks forward to visiting Kenilworth Road?

• I was hoping for Bournemouth in the first week of October as I'm in Swanage...but they probably won't be letting us in will they? I agree that it will be good to get the Cherries while they are still in shock...

• No! I really like Kenilworth Road for an away day. Then again, I'm less then 6ft tall...

• KR is a badly shoved together mess of a stadium, any original charm ruined, yet also entirely unsuitable for modern football, it's ugly, uncomfortable and it's in Luton and it's populated with Luton fans.
    I'm struggling for positives.

• It's just completely unlike anywhere else I've ever been and we have a great record there.

• I hate it so much. After we confirmed their relegation, (the season they had a 30 point deduction), I swore I would never go there again. I limped out with my kneecaps in tatters & have never returned.

• Lovely food at Kenilworth Road

• @peterparrotface said:
    Lovely food at Kenilworth Road

Wouldn't know. I was in the Q so long it made Adams Park look like a speedy KFC outlet so gave up & went hungry. Sorry, I have nothing positive to say about the ground, fans or the town!

• @chairboyscentral said:
    Am I the only one who looks forward to visiting Kenilworth Road?

Wouldn't say I look forward to it, but I like having a ground that close.

But it's a horrible experience generally, and always a hassle getting people to actually stay vaguely in the seating area.

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    I hate it so much. After we confirmed their relegation, (the season they had a 30 point deduction), I swore I would never go there again. I limped out with my kneecaps in tatters & have never returned.

If you're over about 5ft 10, you really do only have 3 options

Back row
    Front row
    End of row

Even if you end up standing elsewhere from the back row, it's pretty precarious, with the footing being on 2 levels, and any sort of "limbs" will take a row or 2 down.

• I was 5' 11". I am now 5'9'' after my last trip there. I can't afford to be any shorter or I will have to reach up to thump my son!

• edited August 2020

It would appear that Luton away is Marmite. Here's to serving them up with toast both in the League (my tip was Boxing Day) and then, inevitably, just a few days later, in the 3rd round of the cup as Oxford and Peterbother have already been knocked out by non league clubs.

• You'd think it'll be a key game this season, as they're undoubtedly one of the teams we need to be above if we're to stay up

• Sadly the way things have gone since return to crowds was mooted suggests to me that it might be quite a long time before crowds (esp away crowds) are allowed to return.

• Give me Kenilworth Road over the majority of new-builds any day.

• I think Sky will have us on tv as the first fixture on the Friday night of the opening weekend. And they will arrange for us to play a relegated premier league club...probably Bournemouth...at home. “Newly promoted Chairboys entertain the Cherries...etc. etc.”

• Personally I like Luton away a lot. To me it makes for a good atmosphere when you have a tight little stadium like that, which is really close to the pitch.

Also helps that we seem to win there a fair bit.

I think it makes a big difference if you prefer to stand. I can see that if you want to be seated then it is probably quite uncomfortable.

• It sounds like their Power Court stadium is likely to happen, as it was fully approved before the pandemic, I believe.

• @Glenactico said:
    Personally I like Luton away a lot. To me it makes for a good atmosphere when you have a tight little stadium like that, which is really close to the pitch.

I think it makes a big difference if you prefer to stand. I can see that if you want to be seated then it is probably quite uncomfortable.

It's quite uncomfortable to stand there too

• @StrongestTeam said:

@Glenactico said:
    Personally I like Luton away a lot. To me it makes for a good atmosphere when you have a tight little stadium like that, which is really close to the pitch.

Yep. The two levels of flooring and tight rows make for a dangerous combo if there's jostling. Have seen a couple go over.

• @Malone said:

@StrongestTeam said:

@Glenactico said:

Yep. The two levels of flooring and tight rows make for a dangerous combo if there's jostling. Have seen a couple go over.

Severely effects limbs when we score as well.

• Can't wait for Brentford away - have driven past the new ground and it looks beautiful

• @thecatwwfc said:
    Can't wait for Brentford away - have driven past the new ground and it looks beautiful

Any idea on what the set up will be like?
    Parking close by etc?

I remember the old ground had next to zero?

• There appears to be a large car park in front, next to the elevated M4, drove past last week. But could be only for pass holders.

• Let's hope we get the chance to see our boys there

Although ditto that for almost all the aways, and to be honest, the homes!!

That October with 25% capacity has to be a real risk doesn't it?

• I fear the prospect of fans being admitted in October does feel at risk. I wonder if more for political than genuine health risks though.

The total number of people dieting of Covid yesterday was eight. That is a fairly typical number these days. Each of those is of course a tragedy for people involved and families but the number is just eight. That despite all the well publicised local lockdowns on Leicester and the north, the controversy over reopening schools, the threat to reclose pubs.

It seems that the virus is still there and cases are static or rising but it’s potency seems to have fallen. Is that weather related, just a timing issue or is it that the virus has mutated to a less aggressive form. Could it be that we are closing football grounds fighting a disease that used to be deadly but isn’t now?