Skip to content

New kit

Are we getting a new kit this season? Surely it would have been designed already seen as the season would have ended months ago

Comments

• Yes, a new home kit. It was indeed designed months ago and will be launched ‘soon’.

• Also new third and GK kits

• They are taking the money from people who are prepared to pay £50 for the one we won't ever wear again with some commemorative text on it first. Not for me but a decent money spinner.

• @StrongestTeam said:
    They are taking the money from people who are prepared to pay £50 for the one we won't ever wear again with some commemorative text on it first. Not for me but a decent money spinner.

Good point. It is sound business logic.

• It's quite a nice idea, just a shame the badge isn't embroidered - although I guess it's faithful to the shirt the players wear. I just hope the new one has a stitched on badge, it's been a random with O'Neills

• @BlueBoy said:
    Yes, a new home kit. It was indeed designed months ago and will be launched ‘soon’.

I hope the delay is because they're negotiating with new potential front-of-shirt sponsors. There could not be a better opportunity to make significant money from a national brand. Hopefully they'll sign them up to a multi-year deal with no relegation clause!

• @aloysius said:

@BlueBoy said:
    Yes, a new home kit. It was indeed designed months ago and will be launched ‘soon’.

I hope the delay is because they're negotiating with new potential front-of-shirt sponsors. There could not be a better opportunity to make significant money from a national brand. Hopefully they'll sign them up to a multi-year deal with no relegation clause!

Was the cherry red records only a two year deal?

• They should sell commemorative shorts, with Oxford players in the pockets.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    It's quite a nice idea, just a shame the badge isn't embroidered - although I guess it's faithful to the shirt the players wear. I just hope the new one has a stitched on badge, it's been a random with O'Neills

Thats got nipple rash written all over it

• @Shev said:
    They should sell commemorative shorts, with Oxford players in the pockets.

Burn.

• @thecatwwfc said:

@chairboyscentral said:
    It's quite a nice idea, just a shame the badge isn't embroidered - although I guess it's faithful to the shirt the players wear. I just hope the new one has a stitched on badge, it's been a random with O'Neills

Sponsored by vaseline?

• edited August 2020

@thecatwwfc said:

@chairboyscentral said:

Can't say I've ever had the issue with the current home shirt! You see some now that have a kind of stuck-on rubber badge - which just looks like it'll fall off after one wash.

• @thecatwwfc said:

@chairboyscentral said:

Not if you wear a quality bra!

• Where's @Manboobs when you need him?

• @JohnnyAllAlone said:
    Where's @Manboobs when you need him?

You rang? The modern “well upholstered” gentleman is not ashamed to moisturise sensitive parts of his anatomy.

• I have been self-moisturising continuously for the last few days despite not being well upholstered.

How two Kent batsmen both managed to score double centuries within the last 24 hours goodness only knows. And then a 44 year old medium pace bowler takes five for fifty in 15 overs in one of the most massive annihilations in the history of county cricket.

Very proud to be a Kentish man today!

• The new kit video just released makes me doubt we’re going to be playing in quarters next year. Or am I reading too much into it?

• edited August 2020

The silhouette has quarters on. Maybe the inclusion of Essandoh at Leicester means red and white for the new third kit?

• edited August 2020

Intrigued by your comment Floyd.
    Was literally going to say the exact thing chairboys did - even the silhouette has quarters!

Edit, i had missed the massive ? on there!> @chairboyscentral said:

So we're only allowed to change the away kit every two years, but I wonder if this means we actually have to use the mango as the main away kit?

Why is it they have this rule for presumably then, championship and down, but not at the top level?

• The tag line doesn’t fill me with confidence. I’d love a reprisal of that red and white kit tho.

• On another note, i just found the green kit from the early league days in the cupboard today.
    Glorious.

• edited August 2020

So we're only allowed to change the away kit every two years, but I wonder if this means we actually have to use the mango as the main away kit?

• I was expecting the usual semi blurred glimpses of the kit from obscure angles to tease us a bit. That gave literally nothing away. How frustrating ?

Why do premier league teams have a different rule?

• @Alexo said:
    I was expecting the usual semi blurred glimpses of the kit from obscure angles to tease us a bit. That gave literally nothing away. How frustrating ?

UP THE WYC has to be on there doesn't it?

• @Malone said:

@chairboyscentral said:

£££££

Tbf, even a lot of League One clubs change every season now.

@Malone said:

@chairboyscentral said:

£££££

Tbf, even a lot of League One clubs change every season now.

Ah i re-read the tweet and clearly "club rules" is our rule! Not the actual rule clubs have to abide by!

• @floyd said:
    The tag line doesn’t fill me with confidence. I’d love a reprisal of that red and white kit tho.

Yes, it's a weird one, something like "History looks good on us, but now we need to look our best"?

However, I thought the club cannot move away from the quarters? Or did that change with the takeover?

• I'm confused. Is it that the yellow kit is dropped and the orange and grey returns? Please correct me if I'm wrong but it sounds like that.