Skip to content

Signings

Every close season I get impatient for our first new signing as I see other clubs adding players. I start to worry we will get left behind, but every season we get it right, so I guess I just need to calm down and relax.

Comments

• I bet you next week there will be at least one singing

• I can confidently predict that there will be signings before the start of the season.

• Not particularly nervous, but for those who think we'll bring 8-9 in, that's a lot of work for Gaz and gang in 5 weeks.

• @Malone said:
    Not particularly nervous, but for those who think we'll bring 8-9 in, that's a lot of work for Gaz and gang in 5 weeks.

Domestic transfer window doesn't close for another two months tbf. We need to bring that many in.

• @chairboyscentral said:

@Malone said:
    Not particularly nervous, but for those who think we'll bring 8-9 in, that's a lot of work for Gaz and gang in 5 weeks.

Domestic transfer window doesn't close for another two months tbf. We need to bring that many in.

That extra month helps a lot then.

Maybe we could get away with 3 key players, and then like other years we can bring loanees not making squads in later.

• Yeah, would expect 4/5 of the 8/9 to be loanees

• See also ‘I haven’t got my season ticket yet’.

• @arnos_grove said:
    See also ‘I haven’t got my season ticket yet’.

I have got my season ticket but it is not a card so I am demanding one...when will it arrive? I also want to know about FA cup ticket allocations, who that bloke is I can see training with the first team on some social media video, why is Bayo not there yet, and what has anyone heard about Dave Tarpey?

• Not looking forward to the moans that only STH are allowed into games for the foreseeable...

• @Wendoverman said:

@arnos_grove said:
    See also ‘I haven’t got my season ticket yet’.

I have got my season ticket but it is not a card so I am demanding one...when will it arrive? I also want to know about FA cup ticket allocations, who that bloke is I can see training with the first team on some social media video, why is Bayo not there yet, and what has anyone heard about Dave Tarpey?

I know this isn’t in the spirit of the post but what did happen to Dave Tarpey? All that hype and didn’t he play a handful of league games for Barnet(?) before a career-threatening injury? Did he ever come back from that?

(I know I could google it but it’s bleedin’ hot and I’m too lazy)

• I think he plays for Real Madrid now.

• Plays for Woking 43 appearances 11 goals... according to the ever reliable wikipedia

• Thanks @HolmerBlue

Shame it never worked out for him. One of many ‘what ifs’