Skip to content

Adam El-Abd Leaves

12346»

Comments

• @Malone said:

Coaching yes. Local yes. Good parts.
    8th tier though? Doesn't our own manager turn out in the 8th tier for giggles?

Martin O’Neill started at this level. He didn’t do too badly did he?

• @Malone said:

@Wendoverman said:
    @Malone having read around it...I actually think it's a great opportunity to end your career and move into coaching, especially if he's been doing it with them a while and it's local to him so not so sure it's so much of a 'fall from grace' for an experienced aging pro. If he was pushing trolleys at Tesco I might agree with yer.

Absolutely dreadful stuff

• @carrickblue said:

@Malone said:

Martin O’Neill started at this level. He didn’t do too badly did he?

Danny Cowley started managing in the Essex Senior League for Concord Rangers which I think is level 9.

• @Malone has dropped well below 8th tier here in my book.

• All said and done, all the best to him.

• Seems a perfectly reasonable career move to me, regardless of any motivation. Good luck to him. Turning circle aside he was a good player for us.

Seems a tad snobbish to look down on him for taking this step. I wish more dedicated professional footballers would look at this as a good step into management.

Sort of see why judging from some of the less than positive comments on here

• @bookertease said:
    Seems a perfectly reasonable career move to me, regardless of any motivation. Good luck to him. Turning circle aside he was a good player for us.

Seems a tad snobbish to look down on him for taking this step. I wish more dedicated professional footballers would look at this as a good step into management.

Sort of see why judging from some of the less than positive comments on here

Quite, can see us quite soon bemoaning ex pros who would rather retire on their earnings than play on for plucky teams with limited budgets.

• There are myriad reasons @Wendoverman why I wouldn’t dare comment!

• Didn’t Sergio play for Whitehawk as well?

• I liked Adam when he played for us, put himself in the line of fire on more than one occasion and helps us get promoted. He was also very friendly whenever met him so thanks Adam for your time with us and good luck with the move to management.

• edited August 2020

@Forest_Blue said:
    Didn’t Sergio play for Whitehawk as well?

Yep, when they were Conference/National league south.

• He did a job for us when he was here.
    My sister lives opposite a house where several of the younger players live together. Adam was often seen there. He helped them all move in etc at the beginning of last season. He seemed to be respected and looked upon as a mentor and leader for the young guns. Wish him luck in his future.

• That house, something which I believe Andrew Howard introduced when he was chairman, may become rather crowded when half a dozen or more 18-20 year-olds are drafted in, unless of course the plan is to recruit mainly (or entirely) local players.
    But in GA and Dobbo we have previous experience in that area of course.

• @micra said:
    That house, something which I believe Andrew Howard introduced when he was chairman, may become rather crowded when half a dozen or more 18-20 year-olds are drafted in, unless of course the plan is to recruit mainly (or entirely) local players.

They used to have digs for players - put them in with a family.
    I knew someone who put Billy Harding up.

• @micra said:
    That house, something which I believe Andrew Howard introduced when he was chairman, may become rather crowded when half a dozen or more 18-20 year-olds are drafted in, unless of course the plan is to recruit mainly (or entirely) local players.

I think the house in question is probably full ? they may have to invest in another property ?

• I remember when Fred Onyedinma first came on loan as a 17 year old, he was driven to Downley to “digs”. That must have been a bit of a culture shock for a young guy from south London and I imagine he would have been pretty homesick. I think it must have been around that time that the idea of a house for young single players came to fruition.

• @Alexo said:

@micra said:

I think the house in question is probably full ? they may have to invest in another property ?

Or mobile homes in the car park!

• That sparked a serious thought @mooneyman. If planning regulations permitted, a couple of mobile homes in the training ground car park might conceivably be a possibility. Or is that just plain ridiculous?

• I'm sure our West Country planning expert will confirm its feasibility or otherwise @micra!