Skip to content

Adam El-Abd Leaves

Comments

• edited September 2019

@Wendoverman said:

@Malone said:
    That was the big opportunity!?

Wow.

Didn't say it was big @Malone I said perhaps it was an opportunity offered.

Oh, not picking you up as saying that, just probably wrongly presumed it was a "big" opportunity to leave us when we seem to be on the up.

Like Bolton, new ownership, with a view to be a coach etc would have ticked that box...

• Bound to get them in them in the FA Cup

• @Mr67 said:
    Bound to get them in them in the FA Cup

We have drawn them already in an even bigger tournament...the Leasing.com!

• Oh forgot I wonder why it slipped my mind ?

• ... and today Stevenage sack Maamria and appoint Mark Sampson as new manager.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49631589

• Alex Revell U18s manager there.

• @Twizz said:
    ... and today Stevenage sack Maamria and appoint Mark Sampson as new manager.

he knows racism is bad now I hope

• he is not the manager, he is the caretaker for the foreseeable there is a difference. El Abd probably doing some arse licking now or he could find himself not playing if Sampson doesn't fancy him as I suspect he was Maamria's signing !!!

• Would love to know the story behind the journey from Wycombe captain to Whitehawk in 12 months

• Movie material?

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    Would love to know the story behind the journey from Wycombe captain to Whitehawk in 12 months

8th tier, wow. Thought they were higher than that.
    He should be an absolute boss down there.

• 36 years old.
    Semi retirement in his home town while having a go at management
    Not so strange.

• @Malone said:

@Right_in_the_Middle said:
    Would love to know the story behind the journey from Wycombe captain to Whitehawk in 12 months

8th tier, wow. Thought they were higher than that.
    He should be an absolute boss down there.

The Wealdstone Raider wreaked havoc on the ‘awks. :)

• Got to start in management somewhere.

I recall Grantham Town getting a trainee as his first club a good few years back.

• Last season captaining a team in league one.
    Plays 2 games for us as captain this season and then is suddenly shunted to the bottom of league two and only plays 4 more games.

Then drops 4 tiers.

That is quite some fall from grace, cosy home coming story or not.

• He might have liked one more season at pro level but it’s probably worth taking the opportunity for a move into coaching/management rather than relocating maybe a long way from home and family. Great servant for Wycombe...never shirked a tackle or a header.

• Anyone remember who El Abd partnered for those first two games?
    Did Charles start on the bench?

• It had to be Stewart, as Stewart did not miss a game all season.

• So just interesting what happened between the second game, and being bombed out.

Probably the biggest and best call of the season though.

• Presumably Charles regained match fitness by then.

• I am reluctant to start gossip but I believe he has been through a divorce in that time so could well be life outside of football has impacted his career

• Playing fast and loose with your understanding of reluctant there

• Understand your point but this topic has come up quite a lot and I've not said anything. Reluctantly I now have as it seems that people will continue to speculate without that knowledge. Hopefully now the topic is closed

• I don't think we are as newsworthy as Tommy Doc and Mary Brown !!

• @FmG said:
    Understand your point but this topic has come up quite a lot and I've not said anything. Reluctantly I now have as it seems that people will continue to speculate without that knowledge. Hopefully now the topic is closed

Just let people witlessly speculate from a position of no knowledge. Adam deserves better than to have his private life dredged up on here

• There are a myriad of reasons (hopefully grammatically correct usage @micra ) why a footballer might leave a club. And we cannot second guess decisions when everyone involved has remained silent. I wish Adam well myself. I did not get the feeling there was any bad blood whatever the reason might be. Now if we had shipped 100 goals and been relegated I might have been intrigued as to why he went, but we didn't, so Good Luck to him. He helped us get promotion.

• @Malone having read around it...I actually think it's a great opportunity to end your career and move into coaching, especially if he's been doing it with them a while and it's local to him so not so sure it's so much of a 'fall from grace' for an experienced aging pro. If he was pushing trolleys at Tesco I might agree with yer.

• Thursday afternoons on the Gasroom have a long and proud tradition of libellous speculation.

• @Wendoverman said:
    @Malone having read around it...I actually think it's a great opportunity to end your career and move into coaching, especially if he's been doing it with them a while and it's local to him so not so sure it's so much of a 'fall from grace' for an experienced aging pro. If he was pushing trolleys at Tesco I might agree with yer.

Coaching yes. Local yes. Good parts.
    8th tier though? Doesn't our own manager turn out in the 8th tier for giggles?

• Didn't intend this thread to be started up again to start some horrible rumours.
    Sorry