Skip to content

Brentford Vs Fulham

I was rooting for Brentford as the smaller club tonight, but alas it wasn't to be. Credit to fulham. Congratulations. See you soon Brentford!!!!

Comments

• Ten seconds to go!.... Will I have to eat my words??!!

• No....

• Cold sweats for a split second there

• Perked up a bit at the end. Normal time a proper snoozefest.

• Shame for Brentford. Will they get a better chance? Will probably lose a few players now.

• They'll definitely lose Benrahma and Watkins for starters. Their business model revolves around selling their best players, but they'll take a bigger hit now than they have done in previous years. But they invest so well that should get another chance - even if it takes a couple of seasons to come. Shame they made a right meal of the end of the regular season.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    They'll definitely lose Benrahma and Watkins for starters. Their business model revolves around selling their best players, but they'll take a bigger hit now than they have done in previous years. But they invest so well that should get another chance - even if it takes a couple of seasons to come. Shame they made a right meal of the end of the regular season.

New Goalie might be on their list.

• Scott Parker looks a bit wired like he's done a few drugs ?

• He'd been excellent all season in fairness, shame for it to end like that.

• Well done Scott Parker

• No bayo but an honest and respectful interview from Alexander Mitrovic

• That game was so ridiculously dull. I know that our brand of football certainly has it's aesthetic downsides on occasion, but aside from a terrible bit of goalkeeping, both sides yesterday never looked like getting a goal out of nothing. It was all so laboriously predictable.

• We’ll be like a breath of fresh air in that dull old Championship!

• The commentator described it as the biggest prize in football. I disagree, I think relegation from the premier league is a bigger prize.

• Nice one @drcongo. I still can’t get over those three year parachute figures.

• Remember @micra we will get a parachute payment of almost £1m in the "unlikely" event we get relegated next season!

• edited August 2020

In fairness, most play-off finals these days aren't particularly exciting - but there is so much at stake in that one that it's no surprise when it's a snooze-fest.

At least it came to life in the end! For all the talk of a goalkeeping error, it was superb work by the Fulham analyst who spotted the potential to pull that off in the first place. They beat Brentford at their own game.

• Talking of analysts or scouts as they were in old days I once heard that Hakan Hayrettins winner at Preston on the plastic pitch was the product of a Preston scout.

The report said that all Wycombe midfielders looked to get the ball to Steve Guppy and as the keeper edged that way to follow the expected flow of the ball the shot flashed in the gap he'd left.

• One of the great Wycombe performances that day against what was a very fearsome John Beck side.

I’d seen PNE at home a couple of times that season before the Chairboys rocked up and couldn’t see how we could match them. I was wrong!